Any vacations planned for Christmas!

REDNECK4LIFE32

Just seeing if anyone is vacationing for Christmas? My family and I are going to Lake Marion South Carolina. The 27 th - 3 rd of Jan. Rented a lake house and me and the boys are gonna do some fishing for stripers and catfish. The owner is retired military. I asked if he did military discounts we talked he gave me a free day and night stay. Can't beat that. We're driving down playing it safe as we can with the times. Gonna get some BBQ and some fried chicken. Soul food. Might book a charter but owner showed pics of what was caught from dock. Impressive fish and plentiful. I need the warm weather. Let's here the vacations planned. Merry Christmas and happy New year.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

I'm off for 10 days after Thursday.  No real big plans other than a little hunting and a couple steelhead fishing trips . Wish we had some good ice would love some fresh perch or bluegills for fish chowder.

Ill be hitting lake Champlain for some jigging when I get back gotta get some ice. Love Sunnie's and blue gills and perch lots of fun to catch.

I'm off after Wednesday, and I go back on the 4th.  I plan on hanging with the family a lot, and trying to squeeze in some afternoon Holiday hunts.  I can make it to my Dads one more time to hopefully catch that big 8 during shooting hours.  Seen him 2x so far this season and couldn't get a shot on him.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Ill be hitting lake Champlain for some jigging when I get back gotta get some ice. Love Sunnie's and blue gills and perch lots of fun to catch.

Never been up on Champlain.  Thats a haul from the southerntier.  Heard it's a great perch and trout lake. I have fished Oneida ,Sodus Bay, Irondequoi ,Chetaqua .

Heading to Los Angeles tomorrow with the family.  Staying with my brother and his family. A little side trip to Vegas on the 26th to watch the Raiders - Broncos game and the Vegas Knights - Colorado Avalanche game on the 27th. Back to LA on the morning of the 28th and then a red eye flight late that night. Be back for a few more days in the woods at the end of the month. Just wishing it was going to be warmer than it is going to be. Not even sure I’m bringing a pair of shorts. Isn’t LA supposed to be warm??  Lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Never been up on Champlain.  Thats a haul from the southerntier.  Heard it's a great perch and trout lake. I have fished Oneida ,Sodus Bay, Irondequoi ,Chetaqua .

Yes also great for Pike and bass. occasional salmon. Never know what your gonna catch. Long and bowfin sheepshead and eel. I mainly target perch and Sunnie's and bluegill ice fishing. We've even caught bullhead ice fish weirdest thing ever. We never expected that.

3 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Yes also great for Pike and bass. occasional salmon. Never know what your gonna catch. Long and bowfin sheepshead and eel. I mainly target perch and Sunnie's and bluegill ice fishing. We've even caught bullhead ice fish weirdest thing ever. We never expected that.

I have caught a ton of bullhead through the ice . I have also caught a catfish on oneida.

1 minute ago, Nytracker said:

I have caught a ton of bullhead through the ice . I have also caught a catfish on oneida.

Nice bullhead are my number one target fish spring and summer. Also hit the St Regis canoe area for trout once ice clears. I got the world renowned Saranac river in my backyard. People travel from allover to fish it fo trout.

• Like 1

Nope, but Fla for Feb and March then my nephews lake house in Tenn on the way back . He’s says I’ll catch 25 bass an hour . We just cancelled a hog hunt in Fla . They said a Hunter wouldn’t enjoy it , you can shoot one in 20 minutes ,while wearing flip,flops and shorts , it’s for tourists who don’t hunt lol .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Where about on champion do you go.  Buddy of mine has a camp in crown point. Usual hit that a few times. 

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Nope, but Fla for Feb and March then my nephews lake house in Tenn on the way back . He’s says I’ll catch 25 bass an hour . We just cancelled a hog hunt in Fla . They said a Hunter wouldn’t enjoy it , you can shoot one in 20 minutes ,while wearing flip,flops and shorts , it’s for tourists who don’t hunt lol .

Where in Tennessee? My wife and I would love to go there. Me and a couple veteran buddies wanna do a hog hunt. But don't wanna get pulled into tourst traps. Somewhere we can visit with locals and diy if not have a local help us out.

10 minutes ago, mowin said:

Where about on champion do you go.  Buddy of mine has a camp in crown point. Usual hit that a few times. 

I'm up north located between Plattsburgh and Lake Placid. About hour from crown point. I fish from Peru dock almost to the Canadian border in rouses point. Lots of good bays to fish and marinas. Plus I get my Vermont fishing license also few good spots there. If your in crown point go across bridge to Vermont. Pratts grocery. Great food choices and best subs around.

45 minutes ago, boo711 said:

Heading to Los Angeles tomorrow with the family.  Staying with my brother and his family. A little side trip to Vegas on the 26th to watch the Raiders - Broncos game and the Vegas Knights - Colorado Avalanche game on the 27th. Back to LA on the morning of the 28th and then a red eye flight late that night. Be back for a few more days in the woods at the end of the month. Just wishing it was going to be warmer than it is going to be. Not even sure I’m bringing a pair of shorts. Isn’t LA supposed to be warm??  Lol

Flying into LAX? Been there a few times traveling back and forth to Hawaii while in the Army. Crazy busy!

2 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Flying into LAX? Been there a few times traveling back and forth to Hawaii while in the Army. Crazy busy!

Yes flying into LAX. That whole city is crazy busy. It is a nice place to visit but I would not want to live there!!!

1 hour ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

I'm up north located between Plattsburgh and Lake Placid. About hour from crown point. I fish from Peru dock almost to the Canadian border in rouses point. Lots of good bays to fish and marinas. Plus I get my Vermont fishing license also few good spots there. If your in crown point go across bridge to Vermont. Pratts grocery. Great food choices and best subs around.

Been there many times.  We usually don't fish above the bridge.  Buddies camp is about a mile below the bridge.  His camp has 63 steps from the deck to the water. 

Do you fish the LCI father's day derby?

52 minutes ago, mowin said:

Been there many times.  We usually don't fish above the bridge.  Buddies camp is about a mile below the bridge.  His camp has 63 steps from the deck to the water. 

Do you fish the LCI father's day derby?

There alot of cliffs and deep water there. Champy not far away. You fish for smelt there? Used to be good then they disappeared. 

3 hours ago, Nytracker said:

It,also has a tremendous bass,walleye catfisH muskies lake sturgon ,and crappie fishery, I know  Champlain extremely well spent 38+,yrs fishing  all  120 miles of it   in both ny,& vt