Ordered a new truck .

Nytracker

So my truck is 9 years old.  Ford f150. Last Saturday I drove by my local dealer and they had a nice truck on the lot . Stopped in to ask my BIL about it . Turns out it was a 2021 xlt . 9k miles on it . They wanted $1900 more than the truck sold for in January.  BIL worked up price on a new one for me and it came in a bit less than the used one . Plus rebates and friends and family  and incentives  I did pretty well . Took a bit of a hit on my trade for rusty cab corners  but not to bad . Now the wait begins.  Projected delivery is  mid February. 

• Like 11

Anything above 10k for a,ford is way to much unless they throw in a chevy to tow it home  when it breaks down  which will be often trust  me my wife's mustang And my raptor   spent more time in the shop then on the road  We traded both of them in on a 2021, Tundra   wont own another ford 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TLR said:

Anything above 10k for a,ford is way to much unless they throw in a chevy to tow it home  when it breaks down  which will be often trust  me my wife's mustang And my raptor   spent more time in the shop then on the road  We traded both of them in on a 2021, Tundra   wont own another ford 

I have owned 2 raptors.  The first a 2012 that I sold for only 17k less than I bought it for after 6 years and 90k miles.  The second is my current 2019 with 38k miles.  I have not had any issues other than a bad coil.   And I run an E50 tune on the 2019.  I guess we all have different luck.   And no I am not brand loyal in the least.  

But to the OPs point, everything costs more now.  I am shopping new home builds and prices are crazy for sure.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nytracker said:

So my truck is 9 years old.  Ford f150. Last Saturday I drove by my local dealer and they had a nice truck on the lot . Stopped in to ask my BIL about it . Turns out it was a 2021 xlt . 9k miles on it . They wanted $1900 more than the truck sold for in January.  BIL worked up price on a new one for me and it came in a bit less than the used one . Plus rebates and friends and family  and incentives  I did pretty well . Took a bit of a hit on my trade for rusty cab corners  but not to bad . Now the wait begins.  Projected delivery is  mid February. 

Good luck with the new truck!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Good luck with the new truck!

3 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Ford is the number one selling truck in American and has been for years ! 
Best built best backed truck !!!

Enjoy 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I have owned 2 raptors.  The first a 2012 that I sold for only 17k less than I bought it for after 6 years and 90k miles.  The second is my current 2019 with 38k miles.  I have not had any issues other than a bad coil.   And I run an E50 tune on the 2019.  I guess we all have different luck.   And no I am not brand loyal in the least.  

But to the OPs point, everything costs more now.  I am shopping new home builds and prices are crazy for sure.  

Good for you    In 6,years  mine  had  210,000 miles Ate  3,transmissions / 2 rearends  2 drive shafts,a transfer case and  had the engine overhauled due to a snapped camshaft  And an oil pump failure 

8 hours ago, TLR said:

Good for you    In 6,years  mine  had  210,000 miles Ate  3,transmissions / 2 rearends  2 drive shafts,a transfer case and  had the engine overhauled due to a snapped camshaft  And an oil pump failure 

Sounds like operator error 

• Like 4

Congrats on the new truck! The new F150s are nice. My buddy has one of the hybrids, and it is awesome.

I’ll be truck shopping soon. My dads old Chevy is still hanging in there, but it’s getting to be time for a new one. I’m holding off until the new Tundra TRD Pro releases. If that turns out to take too long to be available or not be what I think it will be, then I’ll go pick out a Ram. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Nytracker said:

I hope it does come in by mid Feb. Just picked up my Chevy around Thanksgiving that I ordered back in May. 

15 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Congrats on the new truck! The new F150s are nice. My buddy has one of the hybrids, and it is awesome.

I’ll be truck shopping soon. My dads old Chevy is still hanging in there, but it’s getting to be time for a new one. I’m holding off until the new Tundra TRD Pro releases. If that turns out to take too long to be available or not be what I think it will be, then I’ll go pick out a Ram. 

Ive shat on Toyota Tundras my entire life, IVe owned Rams, Chevys, Fords and im sick of working on all of them.. Every mechanic tells me to buy Toyota... Well it might be time.. to put my pride/ego aside and do so. I hate the name. but i hate the frustration of working on vehicles when I rarely have the time to do so as it is.. My uncle and grandfather are Die hard fullsize Toyota fans.. they've never had an issue with one and owned many in the last 15 years.. Sequoia and Tundra.. They Pull heavy duty enclosed car haulers (their corvettes) to the track to race and had zero issues doing so..    

6 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Ive shat on Toyota Tundras my entire life, IVe owned Rams, Chevys, Fords and im sick of working on all of them.. Every mechanic tells me to buy Toyota... Well it might be time.. to put my pride/ego aside and do so. I hate the name. but i hate the frustration of working on vehicles when I rarely have the time to do so as it is.. My uncle and grandfather are Die hard fullsize Toyota fans.. they've never had an issue with one and owned many in the last 15 years.. Sequoia and Tundra.. They Pull heavy duty enclosed car haulers (their corvettes) to the track to race and had zero issues doing so..    

They are actually more of an American truck than any of the rest. I don’t tow the same things that I used to, or I’d be going with a 3/4 ton Ram (which I still might end up doing). Now days it’s mostly hauling my bass boat around, but I would still need to tow the Hellcat on a trailer now and then. The TRD Pro should be able to handle it. I just want to see one for myself, and see what fuel mileage comes in at with the hybrid setup. I’ll be leasing it, kind of a try before I commit to buy type thing. 

• Like 3

I owned a 2015 Tundra I bought new in 2015 and just traded it in on a 3/4 Ton Ram. I never had any issues with the Tundra. Normal maintenance and drive it. I also only lost $4k after owning it for 6 years. I'll probably end up back in a Tundra, but I want to wait a couple of years after the complete redesign for any kinks to be worked out. I'm also disappointed that they dropped their V8, they were bulletproof and wish they were still an option.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TLR said:

I wouldn’t buy another if I had that experience either.  

Hopefully you get it by mid feb but Ford are lying curdogs...  We were supposed to have our full size bronco by october at the latest... Last october..  Now there saying July.. Keep in  mind that was without ever test driving one.  Finally the dealership told me in Oct they had one on lot to test drive....  What a hunk a shit... Told them that it was an absolute disgrace they were now charging 20k over the sticker for that junk. Luckily we knew someone in the higher ups and got our deposit back........

On 12/21/2021 at 6:46 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

I’m waiting for the new pro as well .I just got a 21 but that hybrid may have won me over .

• Like 1