Ordered a new truck .

Nytracker

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I’ve heard some talk that it may be quicker than a Raptor, but no one has been allowed to publicly test it yet. Toyota is staying tight lipped about performance data. 

I just watched a video on YouTube on the pro ,they say it has more horsepower and torque than the f-150 hybrid .437hp and 583lb of torque.So a tad less hp than the raptor but 75lb more torque .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

I just watched a video on YouTube on the pro ,they say it has more horsepower and torque than the f-150 hybrid .437hp and 583lb of torque.So a tad less hp than the raptor but 75lb more torque .

Yep, the torque number is why some are saying it may be quicker, but there are a lot more variables to it than just that. I spoke to someone at one of our local Toyota dealers yesterday, and he said not to expect to see them until late spring/early summer.

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Yep, the torque number is why some are saying it may be quicker, but there are a lot more variables to it than just that. I spoke to someone at one of our local Toyota dealers yesterday, and he said not to expect to see them until late spring/early summer.

That’s what I heard also .awesome trucks though .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

That’s what I heard also .awesome trucks though .

For sure. Hopefully my current truck holds up until then or I’ll end up buying a Ram instead. I’m supposed to be taking my boat down to Pickwick or Chickamauga in the early spring for a week, and that may be too much to ask from the old girl. 

6 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

For sure. Hopefully my current truck holds up until then or I’ll end up buying a Ram instead. I’m supposed to be taking my boat down to Pickwick or Chickamauga in the early spring for a week, and that may be too much to ask from the old girl. 

My brother had a ram for awhile ,he loved it .Ridem til they die ,then take on that payment  LOL.

4 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

My brother had a ram for awhile ,he loved it .Ridem til they die ,then take on that payment  LOL.

Hahaha yep. I loved my old Ram, didn’t have many issues with it, and it had around 200k on the dial when I sold it. Ram and drove perfect, just had some typical NY cancer on her. Honestly, I should have offloaded the Chevy and kept the Ram. 

5 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Hahaha yep. I loved my old Ram, didn’t have many issues with it, and it had around 200k on the dial when I sold it. Ram and drove perfect, just had some typical NY cancer on her. Honestly, I should have offloaded the Chevy and kept the Ram. 

I had a Dakota 4x4 trapping truck .200k miles .I believe it was a 5 speed .The thing rusted out before the engine and tranny went unfortunately.Still smooth riding at 200k.

I traded ram in on  ford it was 16 years old  160k. Wouldn't pass inspection as it had rusted through  in the frame . Loved that truck  got chitty milage tons of power . Drove through anything . That was my replacement truck new for the lemon  Diamond Chrysler bought back .

First truck had trans problem they couldn't get figured out . Every time the dealer worked on it it got worse . Started out with down shifting  climbing hills . By the time they were done it wouldn't shift out of drive . I had the sales manager and the service  manager in the truck . Drove down a dead end road . Couldn't back up had to turn around in a cornfield .  Parked it at the front doors and shut it off . They had to deal with me in front of all the customers..  had to get mechanics out there to move it as it wouldn't start in drive.

Even up trade on a better equipped 2 years newer. Dealer wasn't happy when he found out I had already been in touch with arbitrator. 

On 12/22/2021 at 9:50 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

I’ve heard some talk that it may be quicker than a Raptor, but no one has been allowed to publicly test it yet. Toyota is staying tight lipped about performance data. 

“Quicker”?

Lol that’s not real high on my list of vehicle concerns.   I’m keen on reliability and resale as I get old and long in the tooth.  You young bucks can have the speed……. :)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

“Quicker”?

Lol that’s not real high on my list of vehicle concerns.   I’m keen on reliability and resale as I get old and long in the tooth.  You young bucks can have the speed……. :)

Don’t be an old fart Law!   Merry Christmas!    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

My next vehicle will probably be a 4 door sedan.   Curb feelers are already on my mind too….

Words of wisdom:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

My next vehicle will probably be a 4 door sedan.   Curb feelers are already on my mind too….

I’m only 62 y/o and a mere 5’9” but depending on how my back bends that particular day,my head may hit getting in the Subaru and the Colorado , I may need a convertible !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I’m only 62 y/o and a mere 5’9” but depending on how my back bends that particular day,my head may hit getting in the Subaru and the Colorado , I may need a convertible !

Our secretary at work is an antique.  She’s 82 YO and doesn’t like putting gas in her Camry.  She’s asked me to do it numerous times and of course I do.   Those things should come with a large shoe horn and an ejection seat.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I'm 6'2" and I can't get in the wifes escape without hitting my head or feeling like I'm folding my self in half to get in .  And I really  hate that frigging hatch in the back . Cut my head 2 times already  and broke a pair of glasses.

• Like 1

Lol its ok .. as expected. Deer season is over for most  have to have something to complain about. 
Shack nasties will start in earnest and it will get ugly again .

I think your definition of Shack Nasties and my definition of Shack Nasties are wildly different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

I'm 6'2" and I can't get in the wifes escape without hitting my head or feeling like I'm folding my self in half to get in .  And I really  hate that frigging hatch in the back . Cut my head 2 times already  and broke a pair of glasses.

Interesting you say that , when  we were car shopping for our youngest son  the escape was the only vehicle that he had room in ( he didn’t want a full-size at the time ) He’s 6-6 and has tons of room , actually when him and I sit in the front we are comfortable and I’m 6-3 .