Ordered a new truck .

Nytracker

3 hours ago, rob-c said:

Interesting you say that , when  we were car shopping for our youngest son  the escape was the only vehicle that he had room in ( he didn’t want a full-size at the time ) He’s 6-6 and has tons of room , actually when him and I sit in the front we are comfortable and I’m 6-3 . 

Car is roomy inside once  your in . Just the act of getting in and out .

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 7:38 AM, Lawdwaz said:

“Quicker”?

Lol that’s not real high on my list of vehicle concerns.   I’m keen on reliability and resale as I get old and long in the tooth.  You young bucks can have the speed……. :)

It’s not super high on mine either, but fast is fun to me lol. If I really wanted fast, I’d buy a Ram TRX and call it a day. I’m looking for a good all around vehicle.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

It’s not super high on mine either, but fast is fun to me lol. If I really wanted fast, I’d buy a Ram TRX and call it a day. I’m looking for a good all around vehicle.

Pretty sure you have fast covered. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

A white TRD Pro would look real nice in the driveway next to the Cat. The interiors are even similar. 

04170691-11BB-4DEE-AC28-B7B10032377D.jpeg

B7F570A4-E1A7-4318-9413-0475019C1F22.webp

67F077BC-B98D-4FA0-BE5A-095C88BCAD91.jpeg

Just like the raptors, with a twin turbo as soon as the tuners get ahold of it, it will be just as fast if not faster than the TRX for less than $1500.  Nice truck.  

• Like 1

Love the raptor ... that Toyota  looks freaking awsome . I'm more on practicality.  Truck to haul stuff.  Point a to b . As I drive 50 miles a day mileage  means alot .  Some of you may laugh  but I opted  for the high end interior  power everything  then deleted carpet for rubber interior.  Makes clean up easier and I won't have to spend time getting the dog hair out of the seats and carpets . As well as mud and sand from fishing . At mid 50's  I'm not worried about 0 to 60 mph as much as how it will haul my trailer and tractor . 4×4 is a must for snow travel as I sometimes go to work at 3 am and the plow truck drivers  have yet to get out my way. 

My son had a Toyota  tundra . I drove it a few times and I loved it, damn fine truck .  He bought his while stationed in Texas.  The thing on the Toyota is local dealer service sucks . I will call it what it is.  They are crooks. Unnecessary repairs . 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 6:46 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

Congrats on the new truck! The new F150s are nice. My buddy has one of the hybrids, and it is awesome.

I’ll be truck shopping soon. My dads old Chevy is still hanging in there, but it’s getting to be time for a new one. I’m holding off until the new Tundra TRD Pro releases. If that turns out to take too long to be available or not be what I think it will be, then I’ll go pick out a Ram. 

It will be a very long wait time for the Pro - allocations to dealers are going to be sold before they hit lots for the first few months at a minimum and it likely drags on for the first year. Any that hit lots unsold will probably be over MSRP for a while too.

I asked specifically when I bought my wife's Prime last week as I am considering the Tundra Pro too. The owner of the dealership (who sold me the Prime) let me know they didn't even get allocated a Pro at all...and they're in a military town where they have newer soldiers with money to burn against high APRs. They have an SR5 on the lot decked out and it is nice but the Pro is a different beast.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phade said:

It will be a very long wait time for the Pro - allocations to dealers are going to be sold before they hit lots for the first few months at a minimum and it likely drags on for the first year. Any that hit lots unsold will probably be over MSRP for a while too.

I asked specifically when I bought my wife's Prime last week as I am considering the Tundra Pro too. The owner of the dealership (who sold me the Prime) let me know they didn't even get allocated a Pro at all...and they're in a military town where they have newer soldiers with money to burn against high APRs. They have an SR5 on the lot decked out and it is nice but the Pro is a different beast.

He also said that the #1 Q is people asking about the as mileage as noted here. He thinks that whatever they publish will be hit real world and to count on it. Our Prime hits estimates on the dot. 

Unrelated, but noteworthy, the Prime has adaptive headlights. It probably saved me some pain last night, going around a bend and it lit up a doe in my lane early. I was able to swerve in time. May have been the difference between the miss and a hit.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, phade said:

He also said that the #1 Q is people asking about the as mileage as noted here. He thinks that whatever they publish will be hit real world and to count on it. Our Prime hits estimates on the dot. 

Unrelated, but noteworthy, the Prime has adaptive headlights. It probably saved me some pain last night, going around a bend and it lit up a doe in my lane early. I was able to swerve in time. May have been the difference between the miss and a hit.

Nice. Yeah I’ve been talking to one of the dealers and have gotten the same answer. I’m going to hold out as long as the Chevy can. The towing capacities of the Tudras aren’t much better than any other half ton at this point, so it’s the mileage of the hybrid that I’m really waiting for. 

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Just like the raptors, with a twin turbo as soon as the tuners get ahold of it, it will be just as fast if not faster than the TRX for less than $1500.  Nice truck.  

Yeah but for a few grand you can tune the TRX to stomp everything else again. I have most of the parts to do it sitting in a box in the garage waiting for the warranty on the Challenger to run out lol. 

I will not be touching the engine of whatever truck I buy. I might throw some wheels and tires on it, but that’s about it. I saw a video of a new Tudra with the TRD Sport package, with a leveling kit and 35s on it. It looked beautiful. 

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

Love the raptor ... that Toyota  looks freaking awsome . I'm more on practicality.  Truck to haul stuff.  Point a to b . As I drive 50 miles a day mileage  means alot .  Some of you may laugh  but I opted  for the high end interior  power everything  then deleted carpet for rubber interior.  Makes clean up easier and I won't have to spend time getting the dog hair out of the seats and carpets . As well as mud and sand from fishing . At mid 50's  I'm not worried about 0 to 60 mph as much as how it will haul my trailer and tractor . 4×4 is a must for snow travel as I sometimes go to work at 3 am and the plow truck drivers  have yet to get out my way. 

My son had a Toyota  tundra . I drove it a few times and I loved it, damn fine truck .  He bought his while stationed in Texas.  The thing on the Toyota is local dealer service sucks . I will call it what it is.  They are crooks. Unnecessary repairs . 

Man I must be the only one here that doesn’t like that Tundra 

Seems small and cheap …never been a fan

2 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Man I must be the only one here that doesn’t like that Tundra 

Seems small and cheap …never been a fan

The Pro has to have marker lights since it is so wide. It's not small by any stretch. 

Toyota may not be the leader in tech and edgy design but they seem to have a good grip on reliability and complete design (meaning thought out). Some people like it and some don't. That's why there are brands for everyone, lol.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, luberhill said:

So you think leasing is the way to go ?

Why ?

If you can stay under the miles, yes. In my mind if you buy new and make that huge payment for five or more years to pay it off, you have maybe two years before you start pumping money into them. Cost average out $450 month to lease forever and its pretty close, but youre driving a brand new truck every three years and always under warranty

Edited by The_Real_TCIII
  • Like 2

If you can stay under the miles, yes. In my mind if you buy new and make that huge payment for five or more years to pay it off, you have maybe two years before you start pumping money into them. Cost average out $450 month to lease forever and its pretty close, but youre driving a brand new truck every three years and always under warranty
Yup only ever really need to worry about oil changes maybe 1 set of tires and maybe brakes that's a big maybe

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

• Like 1

I've never been sold on leasing vehicles. There are valid points on both sides but... You never build equity so to speak. I just traded my paid off Tundra for $32k in equity, can't do that with a lease. If you buy smart and trade at the right time you can keep upgrading and make out great each time. I like to know I'll own my vehicles at some point and if I choose to drive with no payment for a few years I can. Plus I like to modify all of my vehicles, my new truck wasn't even 24 hours old (to me) before I started installing upgrades. If I can't modify it then it never feels like mine. Once the TRD becomes available (I've heard in about 18 months) I may very well trade my current truck in on it as I should make out really well again. Currently I'm debating a 4-5" suspension lift, the level kit looks great but a 5" would look great-er! I've already done 35" tires, level kit, tonneau cover, LED lights, step bars, floor mats, muffler delete and window visors only 3 months into ownership.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I've never been sold on leasing vehicles. There are valid points on both sides but... You never build equity so to speak. I just traded my paid off Tundra for $32k in equity, can't do that with a lease. If you buy smart and trade at the right time you can keep upgrading and make out great each time. I like to know I'll own my vehicles at some point and if I choose to drive with no payment for a few years I can. Plus I like to modify all of my vehicles, my new truck wasn't even 24 hours old (to me) before I started installing upgrades. If I can't modify it then it never feels like mine. Once the TRD becomes available (I've heard in about 18 months) I may very well trade my current truck in on it as I should make out really well again. Currently I'm debating a 4-5" suspension lift, the level kit looks great but a 5" would look great-er! I've already done 35" tires, level kit, tonneau cover, LED lights, step bars, floor mats, muffler delete and window visors only 3 months into ownership.

Agree 100%.

A white TRD Pro would look real nice in the driveway next to the Cat. The interiors are even similar. 
04170691-11BB-4DEE-AC28-B7B10032377D.thumb.jpeg.75d30c27f6c7b05eb9e4d297f11489f5.jpeg
B7F570A4-E1A7-4318-9413-0475019C1F22.webp.5c73b36eb78ebba1cfde419b6a7b0a0c.webp
67F077BC-B98D-4FA0-BE5A-095C88BCAD91.thumb.jpeg.740108b4cf879fb9a4dc0aaaab42a994.jpeg
Beautiful car. I told my wife that this spring I was buying either a hellcat or a boat, I ended up with the boat, especially after seeing the price of Hellcats jumped like $10k even on used. One day I will own one!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisw said:

Beautiful car. I told my wife that this spring I was buying either a hellcat or a boat, I ended up with the boat, especially after seeing the price of Hellcats jumped like $10k even on used. One day I will own one!

Thank you. I had it up for sale for a while but decided not to let her go once I had a legit offer put up lol. Glad I didn’t sell all of the goodies I have. If you want a new one, now is the time. 22 or 23 will be it for the 6.2.