Ordered a new truck .

Nytracker

Thank you. I had it up for sale for a while but decided not to let her go once I had a legit offer put up lol. Glad I didn’t sell all of the goodies I have. If you want a new one, now is the time. 22 or 23 will be it for the 6.2. 
Yea I heard that, I think it's a mistake on their part, especially in their high performance vehicles. Sucks to see...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisw said:

Yea I heard that, I think it's a mistake on their part, especially in their high performance vehicles. Sucks to see...

I’m with you 100%. I didn’t think that the death of the big horsepower V8s would happen in my lifetime, but here we are. It’s sad. I’m just happy to have the chance to own one of the baddest muscle cars ever to hit the street. 

I’m sure whatever Dodge puts out will be cool. I’ve heard rumors of a twin turbo inline 6, which could be insane paired up with a hybrid system in a lighter weight car. Also rumors of everything new being all electric. Who knows at this point. 

• Like 1

I’m with you 100%. I didn’t think that the death of the big horsepower V8s would happen in my lifetime, but here we are. It’s sad. I’m just happy to have the chance to own one of the baddest muscle cars ever to hit the street. 

I’m sure whatever Dodge puts out will be cool. I’ve heard rumors of a twin turbo inline 6, which could be insane paired up with a hybrid system in a lighter weight car. Also rumors of everything new being all electric. Who knows at this point. 
I'm sure they'll match it's power somehow, but the sound will never be the same and that's part of the experience. Nothing beats a big V8 sound, mix it with the supercharger whine and it's unbeatable. Hell even my 6.4L in the 2500 sounds good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I'm sure they'll match it's power somehow, but the sound will never be the same and that's part of the experience. Nothing beats a big V8 sound, mix it with the supercharger whine and it's unbeatable. Hell even my 6.4L in the 2500 sounds good.

You’ve got that right. I’ve been in Teslas. Are they quick? Absolutely. Is my not as fast Hellcat more fun? Hands down, yes. It’s a completely different experience. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

I am not a paste eater. But you seem to be missing GMC which makes the best trucks

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

GMCs are just slightly gussied up Chevys. I wonder if they will ever put a decent engine in a half ton again. The 5.3 is so underpowered compared to what every other brand runs. 

1 minute ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

GMCs are just slightly gussied up Chevys. I wonder if they will ever put a decent engine in a half ton again. The 5.3 is so underpowered compared to what every other brand runs. 

Weren't they supposed to come out with a small displacement turbo engine like ford? I thought I remember something about that ? Or a small diesel maybe. 

1 minute ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Brake lines 100%. Just put stainless lines in mine. From the number of rotted lines that were cut and not removed in there, it looks like it’s the 3rd set in less than 140k miles for my truck. Never again. 

I did one set on one of my chevys ,then through a piece of aluminum sheet metal down to cover the basketball sized hole in the drivers side floor pan. It would have been a great truck if not for all the rot ,even the frame eventually rotten through.

They all rust . My dodge 16 years old  went down the road as it had a hole in the frame . Fenders so bad I could reach through the fender wall and change the oil. My co workers truck Chevy  is 11 years old and his rockers were so bad he got water inside. His new gm is 2 years old and has rust on the break lines and leaking on fittings . First year they had to replace the computer and relay boxes as it kept shutting down . Multiple attempts to reflash wouldn't fix the problems . He sold it and bought a dodge. SIL Toyota tundra is rusting out at 12 years old ... My 13 has rust in the cab corners and rockers had a transmission  problem  that ford recalled after I payed to get fixed ..all of them have their issues. 

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I did one set on one of my chevys ,then through a piece of aluminum sheet metal down to cover the basketball sized hole in the drivers side floor pan. It would have been a great truck if not for all the rot ,even the frame eventually rotten through.

My frame has already been patched once. Passenger side near the rear axle. Damn thing was split from the bottom up, only had about 2” of frame holding it together. Put it on a frame machine to check it and boxed that section in with 1/8” steel plates. That section will outlast the rest of the truck lol. 

2 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

They all rust . My dodge 16 years old  went down the road as it had a hole in the frame . Fenders so bad I could reach through the fender wall and change the oil. My co workers truck Chevy  is 11 years old and his rockers were so bad he got water inside. His new gm is 2 years old and has rust on the break lines and leaking on fittings . First year they had to replace the computer and relay boxes as it kept shutting down . Multiple attempts to reflash wouldn't fix the problems . He sold it and bought a dodge. SIL Toyota tundra is rusting out at 12 years old ... My 13 has rust in the cab corners and rockers had a transmission  problem  that ford recalled after I payed to get fixed ..all of them have their issues. 

True. I have just found that some have worse issues than others. I haven’t owned a Ford truck long enough to really judge from my experience. I look at what friends and family have experienced. Same with Toyota. From what I have seen, the Yotas seem to have the least problems. 

I was watching some videos yesterday that a Toyota mechanic posted where he had one of the new Tundras on a lift, and was going through everything. The way they have done the bed sides and front fenders on the new trucks, should prevent most rust as long as you wash it regularly. You can easily stick a hose forward or rearward of each wheel well and rinse it completely out. There isn’t much in those areas for salt and crap to sit on and rot things. I’m almost 100% sure I’ll be driving one soon. Whether I can hold out for the TRD Pro, or I have to go with a TRD Sport package if I really can’t wait. 

I will be trying woolwax as soon as its warm enough to apply . A friend of mine who was a body shop guy has been using it for years. His trucks look like new underneath. Looks like a pain in the ass to apply first time but only requires a little touch up every year. He also recommends fluid film in the body panels . Not sure if I will need that on an aluminum body panels

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 1

I gave my 2000, Chevy Silverado 3/4 ton 4x4 to my father in law, after the frame got too rusted out to pass inspection.  He had it welded up and uses it, with a plow,  to keep about 5 miles of Adirondack roads open all winter and for doing firewood and camp chores the rest of the year.  It is also handy for me to use when I am up there hunting.  

I like it better than an open atv,  because it lets me get  downwind of the deer, without them being able to catch my scent.  It was 80 degrees, when I used it to haul my early ML doe to a butcher in town this year, and I was surprised the 21 year old AC still works great.

It has slightly under 100 k Miles on it, and is on its second set of break lines.  I also replaced the shocks, and the rear drive shaft when that rusted apart at a boat launch one year.  That truck has never stranded me (I just pulled out the broken drive shaft, had it welded up, and drove it home as a front wheel drive, when it was missing:

3E6E97B3-DF16-416E-B254-44C2E7B49E57.thumb.jpeg.9a35bb0226bd545c73ab48ed7570def4.jpeg

The 2000 3/4 ton 2wd Silverado extended cab that I replaced it with, was a Florida truck, has about 70k miles on it , and not a spot of rust.  I have been taking it for the Carwell rustproofing treatment every other year, and it is holding up very well.  The extended cab works better with the kids, but I preferred the standard cab and them riding back in the camper.  Driving was a little more peaceful for me that way.

0EE9D64A-B21A-4176-B4D6-19761BF61E25.thumb.jpeg.a9f1570401c76a8decf53e7065e8cc14.jpeg

Sorry about the deer fsw and ChrisW, but that’s the only pic I had with that truck in it.

52 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

True. I have just found that some have worse issues than others. I haven’t owned a Ford truck long enough to really judge from my experience. I look at what friends and family have experienced. Same with Toyota. From what I have seen, the Yotas seem to have the least problems. 

I was watching some videos yesterday that a Toyota mechanic posted where he had one of the new Tundras on a lift, and was going through everything. The way they have done the bed sides and front fenders on the new trucks, should prevent most rust as long as you wash it regularly. You can easily stick a hose forward or rearward of each wheel well and rinse it completely out. There isn’t much in those areas for salt and crap to sit on and rot things. I’m almost 100% sure I’ll be driving one soon. Whether I can hold out for the TRD Pro, or I have to go with a TRD Sport package if I really can’t wait. 

I'll hold out for a Pro but trying to not even get to that point. My 19 4Runner is free and clear and with all of the work done on it, it's probably not the best financial decision to move into a Pro. Honestly the thing that makes me want to switch the most is gas mileage. The truck will likely get real-world 5-10 MPG better than the 4Runner, and can be used as a truck lol. The 4Runner will go a few hundred thousand miles and it's a tank off-road, but I cringe at what that gas cost may be in 2, 3, 4 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phade said:

I'll hold out for a Pro but trying to not even get to that point. My 19 4Runner is free and clear and with all of the work done on it, it's probably not the best financial decision to move into a Pro. Honestly the thing that makes me want to switch the most is gas mileage. The truck will likely get real-world 5-10 MPG better than the 4Runner, and can be used as a truck lol. The 4Runner will go a few hundred thousand miles and it's a tank off-road, but I cringe at what that gas cost may be in 2, 3, 4 years.

I currently wish my Pro got the gas mileage my wife’s 4 runner gets LOL .I should have her new 4Runner off-road within a couple of weeks per the dealer .Good choice all around though .

23 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

I currently wish my Pro got the gas mileage my wife’s 4 runner gets LOL .I should have her new 4Runner off-road within a couple of weeks per the dealer .Good choice all around though .

I get right at 14 MPG. 15 if I am lucky on a highway if it is covered in ice and with a tailwind pushing me, LOL. Still really enjoy the vehicle. I have an 19 Off-Road Premium with Fox 2.5s/UCAs and 285/70/17s Toyos. Rides like a dream on road, but the gas mileage took around a 1-2 mpg hit with it from the wheels. The tech is ancient, the mileage stinks, and the engine while strong is underpowered. All that said, it's comfortable to me, well built, and reliable and capable on and off road. They make great mall crawlers too for the moms/wives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nytracker said:

I will be trying woolwax as soon as its warm enough to apply . A friend of mine who was a body shop guy has been using it for years. His trucks look like new underneath. Looks like a pain in the ass to apply first time but only requires a little touch up every year. He also recommends fluid film in the body panels . Not sure if I will need that on an aluminum body panels

I’m planning to do fluidfilm on the new truck right away unless I lease, then I could care less what the next guy deals with lol.  

2 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I gave my 2000, Chevy Silverado 3/4 ton 4x4 to my father in law, after the frame got too rusted out to pass inspection.  He had it welded up and uses it, with a plow,  to keep about 5 miles of Adirondack roads open all winter and for doing firewood and camp chores the rest of the year.  It is also handy for me to use when I am up there hunting.  

I like it better than an open atv,  because it lets me get  downwind of the deer, without them being able to catch my scent.  It was 80 degrees, when I used it to haul my early ML doe to a butcher in town this year, and I was surprised the 21 year old AC still works great.

It has slightly under 100 k Miles on it, and is on its second set of break lines.  I also replaced the shocks, and the rear drive shaft when that rusted apart at a boat launch one year.  That truck has never stranded me (I just pulled out the broken drive shaft, had it welded up, and drove it home as a front wheel drive, when it was missing:

3E6E97B3-DF16-416E-B254-44C2E7B49E57.thumb.jpeg.9a35bb0226bd545c73ab48ed7570def4.jpeg

The 2000 3/4 ton 2wd Silverado extended cab that I replaced it with, was a Florida truck, has about 70k miles on it , and not a spot of rust.  I have been taking it for the Carwell rustproofing treatment every other year, and it is holding up very well.  The extended cab works better with the kids, but I preferred the standard cab and them riding back in the camper.  Driving was a little more peaceful for me that way.

0EE9D64A-B21A-4176-B4D6-19761BF61E25.thumb.jpeg.a9f1570401c76a8decf53e7065e8cc14.jpeg

Sorry about the deer fsw and ChrisW, but that’s the only pic I had with that truck in it.

You are so annoying at times. Neither of those guys really give a rats patoot about that deer. Why don’t you stop trying to goad people into a conflict?

• Like 1