Ordered a new truck .

Nytracker

5 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

You are so annoying at times. Neither of those guys really give a rats patoot about that deer. Why don’t you stop trying to goad people into a conflict?

Not goading, I looked for a better pic of that truck, but that’s all I could find.   Good luck with your new one.  Maybe you or one of our resident photoshop experts could edit the little buck out of the picture ?

Edited by wolc123

1 minute ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

The goading was you adding the “Sorry FSW and ChrisW about the buck…”. Unnecessary and obnoxious. 

They have both complained about too many pictures of it on here, so what you call a goad, I see as an apology in advance.  I didn’t want to hurt those guys feelings any more than I already have.  

I thought I would try being extra nice to them, since I am feeling so blessed and peaceful out here today, enjoying the Holiday season.  I guess it’s true what they say about no good deed going unpunished. 

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I’m planning to do fluidfilm on the new truck right away unless I lease, then I could care less what the next guy deals with lol.  

I run mine thru the car wash once a week at least , it has an undercarriage blast , wouldn’t that wash off the fluid film ?

3 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I run mine thru the car wash once a week at least , it has an undercarriage blast , wouldn’t that wash off the fluid film ?

It’s lanolin ,it doesn’t wash off easily .if it’s pressured washed though ,it can come off .

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1

i'd like to put in my two cents about leasing. first truck i have ever not bought 2019 ram with the 3.6 motor not the hemi. 34 mos into a 36 mo lease.  10k a year for mileage and i am below - 27k right now.  

all depends if you want to buy in the end or give it back from what i can tell.  i will end up giving them about $12,100 at the end of the lease for the 36 payments i made.  truck was about $44,000 new. buy out is $21000 around after 3 yrs.  diff being depreciation.

i have been so worried about scratching or denting it that i haven't even used it really.  took kids back and forth to college and threw a few deer in the back.

the dealer request you to sign an agreement that says you wont use the truck for work

i think i will buy it and try to get back some depreciation from the used market.

looking for a new ford superduty.  we'll see what the dealer gives me for it....

1 hour ago, f3cbboy said:

i'd like to put in my two cents about leasing. first truck i have ever not bought 2019 ram with the 3.6 motor not the hemi. 34 mos into a 36 mo lease.  10k a year for mileage and i am below - 27k right now.  

all depends if you want to buy in the end or give it back from what i can tell.  i will end up giving them about $12,100 at the end of the lease for the 36 payments i made.  truck was about $44,000 new. buy out is $21000 around after 3 yrs.  diff being depreciation.

i have been so worried about scratching or denting it that i haven't even used it really.  took kids back and forth to college and threw a few deer in the back.

the dealer request you to sign an agreement that says you wont use the truck for work

i think i will buy it and try to get back some depreciation from the used market.

looking for a new ford superduty.  we'll see what the dealer gives me for it....

it's like $200 a year iirc for the scratch and dent protection. I will never buy another truck. Leasing is the way to go. Beat em up and upgrade every 3 years if you're like me and don't put a ton of miles on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, f3cbboy said:

See if you can go sell the lease/rights to Carmax or Carvana, etc. That way you don't have to buy and then try to flip.

• Like 1

I'm waiting to order a 2022 Tundra Limited. I've been trying to arrange a test drive and its been an absolute nightmare. No one wants to give a straight answer...I hate dealerships. I'm probably going to buy sometime in July/August. Im waiting for more details on the hybrid before I decide which powertrain I want. Not looking forward to paying 55k for a truck, but it is what it is at this point 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, phade said:

See if you can go sell the lease/rights to Carmax or Carvana, etc. That way you don't have to buy and then try to flip.

They don’t buy lease vehicles , they made me an offer on my 2018 Ford King Ranch and I took that offer 53k ,to a local dealer 

He gave me a check and bought it .

Thats what I paid for the truck !

This kind of crazy pricing will not last and I’ve never seen it before 

1 hour ago, Belo said:

it's like $200 a year iirc for the scratch and dent protection. I will never buy another truck. Leasing is the way to go. Beat em up and upgrade every 3 years if you're like me and don't put a ton of miles on. 

I’m thinking I may do that next time .

My wife only puts like 8k a year on hers , my truck I do like 5k a year.

My Jeep I do like 25 a year but will be less when I retire 

4 hours ago, Belo said:

what good deed? A picture of your old ass beater truck? Guys are here discussing new and slightly new models, the topic wasn't "what 20 year old truck should I buy" and you thought, hey I bet they'd like a dark picture of the bumper to help them out.

Chevy really stuck in their customers ass , they took the reputation their 88 to 99 truck had and built complete pieces of shit to maximize profits. Loyal customers instead got rust bucket pieces of shit until the the 2007s came out . My buddy bought one and it's also a rust bucket ,I'm trying to figure out what year chevy started to care about their vehicles not rusting in just a few years.

Was that 0.00 down....that's a pretty good deal on the price per month and buyout at the end.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Chevy really stuck in their customers ass , they took the reputation their 88 to 99 truck had and built complete pieces of shit to maximize profits. Loyal customers instead got rust bucket pieces of shit until the the 2007s came out . My buddy bought one and it's also a rust bucket ,I'm trying to figure out what year chevy started to care about their vehicles not rusting in just a few years.

Last I know they all rusted, but go ahead and bash one brand.  SMH. I have a 2007 and it needs bedsides and the rockers could use a little work.  That is almost 13 full Vermont winters, salt, brine etc.  Sure, the bedsides are shot.  What do expect? My buddy's Dodges are rusted out.  The farm's Fords are rusted out.  My 17 year old Toyota was rusted out.  Go figure.  It doesn't bother me that you badmouth Chevy, but the way you do it with a total lack of awareness is a marvel.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Last I know they all rusted, but go ahead and bash one brand.  SMH. I have a 2007 and it needs bedsides and the rockers could use a little work.  That is almost 13 full Vermont winters, salt, brine etc.  Sure, the bedsides are shot.  What do expect? My buddy's Dodges are rusted out.  The farm's Fords are rusted out.  My 17 year old Toyota was rusted out.  Go figure.  It doesn't bother me that you badmouth Chevy, but the way you do it with a total lack of awareness is a marvel.

I was always a die hard chevy guy ,the LS engines are still the most brilliant designed truck engines to date . I don't care that my truck is mostly aluminum ,i still got it sprayed with Krown twice now .

• Like 1

So I just cancelled my order on the cyber truck.  Great concept but my free loan seemed silly.  I may reconsider when they actually build it.

I hope you like that new truck.  I am not brand loyal but have absolutely loved both of my Ford Raptors.   

Edited by moog5050

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

You are quite clueless.

The only trucks that I ever bought were GMC and Chevy.  I alternated between those for a few years.  My first was a 1979 and the last 2 (still have) are 2000’s.   None gave me a reason to even consider .  another make.  

All but the last 2 had the 5.7 motor, which was good but I’ll take the 6.0’s I run now over those any day of the week and twice in Sunday’s.  I have yet to be stranded somewhere by my pickups. 

59 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

You are quite clueless.

The only trucks that I ever bought were GMC and Chevy.  I alternated between those for a few years.  My first was a 1979 and the last 2 (still have) are 2000’s.   None gave me a reason to even consider .  another make.  

All but the last 2 had the 5.7 motor, which was good but I’ll take the 6.0’s I run now over those any day of the week and twice in Sunday’s.  I have yet to be stranded somewhere by my pickups. 

I just sold my Ford and bought a 2017 chevy Silverado…

I always had Fords and had great luck but I’m not brand blind

To be honest , I know this truck has a V8 but I don’t know the size ?

I’m thinking I may do that next time .
My wife only puts like 8k a year on hers , my truck I do like 5k a year.
My Jeep I do like 25 a year but will be less when I retire 

Yeah that’s about what I do and it’s nice not having to worry about warranties and stuff. The downside of course is that you always have a payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I just sold my Ford and bought a 2017 chevy Silverado…

I always had Fords and had great luck but I’m not brand blind

To be honest , I know this truck has a V8 but I don’t know the size ?

If it is a half ton, then it’s probably the 5.3 liter.

I am brand blind, and I think most anyone would be, if they were in my shoes.

I bought my first new GM truck, because my dad worked there,  so I got the employee discount.  That was a 1988.  I drove a used 1979 prior to that, which had been a “company truck”.  There were a few more in between those, and the two 2000’s that we have now.  

I have used vehicle types other than pickups, as my daily drivers since about 2005, so I haven’t been able to wear those last two out.  

I never looked at another brand, since none of the GM’s gave me any serious trouble, and any other brand would have cost me more money.  Some of my friends have Fords , and I don’t have any problems with them.   

I don’t have any experience with Dodge/Ram, other than the chassis on a motor home that my parents had with a 44O cu inch engine.  It always made that characteristic Chysler  “not today not today not today” sound when the starter was cranking.

We listened to that quite a bit one night at a local ice cream shop, when the ballast resistor failed, and dad had to get his GMC pickup and tow it home.  Fortunately, it always worked good on long trips.

Edited by wolc123