Ordered a new truck .

Nytracker

Chevy really stuck in their customers ass , they took the reputation their 88 to 99 truck had and built complete pieces of shit to maximize profits. Loyal customers instead got rust bucket pieces of shit until the the 2007s came out . My buddy bought one and it's also a rust bucket ,I'm trying to figure out what year chevy started to care about their vehicles not rusting in just a few years.

Yeah I had an 03. Trust me I know all too well about rust. Body aside I replaced brake lines, power steering cooler lines and countless other parts the 4 or 5 years I had it.

My only point was that shitty generation isn’t really fair to bring into the modern debate. If Chevy deserves any shit it’s their interiors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, luberhill said:

They don’t buy lease vehicles , they made me an offer on my 2018 Ford King Ranch and I took that offer 53k ,to a local dealer 

He gave me a check and bought it .

Thats what I paid for the truck !

This kind of crazy pricing will not last and I’ve never seen it before 

I know of probably 5-10 people that have sold lease rights to the big used car chains now in the past year. By selling the rights they can then complete the acquisition of the vehicle under the terms of the contract. The lesser pockets the difference.

Edited by phade

5 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

I'm waiting to order a 2022 Tundra Limited. I've been trying to arrange a test drive and its been an absolute nightmare. No one wants to give a straight answer...I hate dealerships. I'm probably going to buy sometime in July/August. Im waiting for more details on the hybrid before I decide which powertrain I want. Not looking forward to paying 55k for a truck, but it is what it is at this point 

Rumor mill is the Capstone model is going to be $70K. More than the Pro.

• Like 1

If you want a daily driver back and forth to work, buy a GMC.  If you want a work truck, and gonna abuse, buy a Ford.  If you can't afford a truck, buy a dodge, lol.

That said, as a technician for over 25 years, 3 of which was spent in a Ford truck shop, I hate working on Fords. They corrode terrible and fight like hell coming apart making life miserable,  add turbos which increase heat and additional broken bolts, I really dislike Ford. 

GMC trucks feel very lacking in performance compared to the other brands, but are fairly mechanical friendly. 

Ram have the best sounding powertrain, plenty of acceleration, ride very nice, interior is nice, including clarity of back up camera is superior. But coil springs? Real world payload is not that of the other 2. Also Ram are the most mechanical friendly IMO.

I haven't much experience with the tundra, other than a few failed waterpumps, nor the Titan.

I gave my 2000, Chevy Silverado 3/4 ton 4x4 to my father in law, after the frame got too rusted out to pass inspection.  He had it welded up and uses it, with a plow,  to keep about 5 miles of Adirondack roads open all winter and for doing firewood and camp chores the rest of the year.  It is also handy for me to use when I am up there hunting.  

I like it better than an open atv,  because it lets me get  downwind of the deer, without them being able to catch my scent.  It was 80 degrees, when I used it to haul my early ML doe to a butcher in town this year, and I was surprised the 21 year old AC still works great.
It has slightly under 100 k Miles on it, and is on its second set of break lines.  I also replaced the shocks, and the rear drive shaft when that rusted apart at a boat launch one year.  That truck has never stranded me (I just pulled out the broken drive shaft, had it welded up, and drove it home as a front wheel drive, when it was missing:
3E6E97B3-DF16-416E-B254-44C2E7B49E57.thumb.jpeg.9a35bb0226bd545c73ab48ed7570def4.jpeg

The 2000 3/4 ton 2wd Silverado extended cab that I replaced it with, was a Florida truck, has about 70k miles on it , and not a spot of rust.  I have been taking it for the Carwell rustproofing treatment every other year, and it is holding up very well.  The extended cab works better with the kids, but I preferred the standard cab and them riding back in the camper.  Driving was a little more peaceful for me that way.

0EE9D64A-B21A-4176-B4D6-19761BF61E25.thumb.jpeg.a9f1570401c76a8decf53e7065e8cc14.jpeg
Sorry about the deer fsw and ChrisW, but that’s the only pic I had with that truck in it.
You're a loser, always will be. Once you kill a better buck than this one with a BOW then you can post it 67 times trying to force an argument and I'll oblige. Until then, keep hiding behind that bible and BS... IMG950918.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisw said:

You're a loser, always will be. Once you kill a better buck than this one with a BOW then you can post it 67 times trying to force an argument and I'll oblige. Until then, keep hiding behind that bible and BS... IMG950918.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Happy New Year Chris.  Maybe a vacation down in the sunshine or a little vitamin D would make you feel a little better.  

You still have about 10 hours today to work on those buck tags, are you going to give it a shot ?

I am pretty sure that you could even use them on does if you wish, in any southern zone DMU. 

Edited by wolc123

Happy New Year Chris.  Maybe a vacation down in the sunshine or a little vitamin D would make you feel a little better.  

You still have about 10 hours today to work on those buck tags, are you going to give it a shot ?
I am pretty sure that you could even use them on does if you wish, in any southern zone DMU. 
Old bucks taste yucky anyways

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I can attest why they make #1.Japs got the market cornered on reliability .
32D121ED-C7F2-47A8-BCC3-C7B222FC8B15.thumb.jpeg.a936afb4d29da208a0f3f6bdcae3e732.jpeg

Absolutely, all them bells and whistles on others done mean shit when it’s sitting in a shop.
If it isn’t a Toyota, Honda/Lexus …I am not owning it.

Same with small engines. If it not Honda or Kawasaki…I am not buying it.

3 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Absolutely, all them bells and whistles on others done mean shit when it’s sitting in a shop.
If it isn’t a Toyota, Honda/Lexus …I am not owning it.

Same with small engines. If it not Honda or Kawasaki…I am not buying it.

I do have a Yamaha ...LOL .No complaints with that either .

I have had my days of wasting time in shops ,don’t miss it .You are spot on about bells and whistles .

Edited by WNYTRPR