Ordered a new truck .

Nytracker

"its like $200 a year iirc for the scratch and dent protection. I will never buy another truck. Leasing is the way to go. Beat em up and upgrade every 3 years if you're like me and don't put a ton of miles

i wasn't even aware of the option...1st time i've ever leased anything...good information

i have to look into selling the leasing rights on carvana ect.

issue is 1.5 mos away from possibly turning in the truck with 2-3 month lead time on a new ford.  may be a cold couple weeks on the bike if i have to.

"its like $200 a year iirc for the scratch and dent protection. I will never buy another truck. Leasing is the way to go. Beat em up and upgrade every 3 years if you're like me and don't put a ton of miles
i wasn't even aware of the option...1st time i've ever leased anything...good information
issue is 1.5 mos away from possibly turning in the truck with 2-3 month lead time on a new ford.  may be a cold couple weeks on the bike if i have to.

I’m surprised the dealer didn’t say anything to you, I always figured it was one of those things they’re trying to tack on and you’re like Jesus leave me alone and then think about the wear a truck gets and it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leasing is a waste, buy them right sell them high.

3374$ is what it costed me to own my last F150 for 34 months and 41,000 miles. If you can lease for cheaper than I’m all ears!

• Like 1

Pls explain

Not much to explain, shop around for the lowest possible price. Shop around for the highest price for the trade/sale they don’t have to be to the same dealer. I generally buy leftovers, keep them for 2 or so years the start shopping for a new one.

The only thing I do different than most is I pay cash.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Not much to explain, shop around for the lowest possible price. Shop around for the highest price for the trade/sale they don’t have to be to the same dealer. I generally buy leftovers, keep them for 2 or so years the start shopping for a new one.

Why cash?   With today’s rates assuming good credit, that cash money you are paying would you pay far more in the market.  1.9% vs what the market earned the last 2 years.  Your $3-4k would have been returned plus.   Although I certainly understand some not wanting debt.  But I will take on debt at today’s rates to have use of the money.   Just a thought.  Let the money work for you. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

Why cash?   With today’s rates assuming good credit, that cash money you are paying would you pay far more in the market.  1.9% vs what the market earned the last 2 years.  Your $3-4k would have been returned plus.   Although I certainly understand some not wanting debt.  But I will take on debt at today’s rates to have use of the money.   Just a thought.  Let the money work for you. 

I pay cash too , mainly because I hate payments , 

• Like 1

Debt made me past broke once in my life, it’s something I’ll never do again.

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Debt made me past broke once in my life, it’s something I’ll never do again.

Fair enough.   This is a debate I conceded on long ago regarding paying off the house early.  At 3% it makes no sense but I liked the idea to get rid of the debt.  My brother convinced me otherwise.  He is right but it does take discipline.  Grow the investment account.  You can always pay off the car or house.  

• Like 2

Leasing is a waste, buy them right sell them high.

3374$ is what it costed me to own my last F150 for 34 months and 41,000 miles. If you can lease for cheaper than I’m all ears!

I agree. I paid roughly $55 a month to own my (then brand new) Tundra for 6 years. Bought it for $36k, traded it for $32k. I spent $4,000 to drive it for 6 years. But right, sell right and keep rolling positive equity.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What type of discount do you typically see for a cash deal? Most dealers want to see you finance....I personally just haven't seen a huge discount in the WNY area to be giving up that huge chuck vs. Keeping ypur cash and Investing it with good return value.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

What type of discount do you typically see for a cash deal? Most dealers want to see you finance....I personally just haven't seen a huge discount in the WNY area to be giving up that huge chuck vs. Keeping ypur cash and Investing it with good return value.

Never see a discount for cash , I get them to invoice or less and pay cash .

I don’t want any payments on anything 

Depends on the day and the dealer.

Car dealers are something I can’t understand. My cousin is an assistant manager at a local Ford dealer and I have yet to buy a truck from him because he can’t match deals I can find elsewhere. How that makes sense I don’t understand. My last 3 trucks have been fords and I’ve went to him with the deals before paying elsewhere and every time he says buy it I can’t match it. The one I bought this time the day after I bought it he offered me 2,000 more than I payed for him to buy it outright to resell?

Just now, mlammerhirt said:

Cash is king....there are certain things to fork it over for and personally vehicles, houses, or even God awful Student loans are not in the top 3 with the how low rates have historically been.

Yea I don’t care , I’ve saved my whole life , in my 60s now. 
Haven’t had payments for years and will never again have them.

I like it that way. 

• Like 2

with reference to cash vs financing

the credit union i belong to give a 3yr old car loan the same as new new car loan.    i think right now it is .9% and if i get auto deduction from my pay they take off another .5%  this is really tough to argue for me.

i too hate payments...

4 hours ago, f3cbboy said:

with reference to cash vs financing

the credit union i belong to give a 3yr old car loan the same as new new car loan.    i think right now it is .9% and if i get auto deduction from my pay they take off another .5%  this is really tough to argue for me.

i too hate payments...

a loan at .4% is crazy low.   Not sure how it even makes sense to them

18 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Cash is king....there are certain things to fork it over for and personally vehicles, houses, or even God awful Student loans are not in the top 3 with the how low rates have historically been.

Pretty much what our financial guy told us , why pay off a low interest loan when we can make 10 or more percent investing it.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1