Ordered a new truck .

Nytracker

21 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Leasing is a waste, buy them right sell them high.

3374$ is what it costed me to own my last F150 for 34 months and 41,000 miles. If you can lease for cheaper than I’m all ears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol so much financial ignorance. If leasing isn't for you, that's fine. It doesn't work for everyone. But you don't need to speak in absolutes when your situation is different from others. 

Edited by Belo
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Pretty much what our financial guy told us , why pay off a low interest loan when we can make 10 or more percent investing it.

the guys you're talking to don't strike me as the investing type. I also get not wanting a payment or debt, but financially it doesn't add up to spend that kind of cash, we're talking $60k for a new truck when you can make more investing it then you ever will pay in loans. Hell my wife's expedition was 0%. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

the guys you're talking to don't strike me as the investing type. I also get not wanting a payment or debt, but financially it doesn't add up to spend that kind of cash, we're talking $60k for a new truck when you can make more investing it then you ever will pay in loans. Hell my wife's expedition was 0%. 

I have investments that are doing fine .

Keep in mind , investments can go down too.

Im fine with my portfolio , I sleep well at night knowing I owe nothing .

Could i MAYBE make 10 percent on that 60k … sure MAYBE…but maybe not too…

Ive got enough to live the rest of my life even if I quit working tomorrow .

Everyone is different .

If I was 20 or 39 yrs old I may do things differently 

15 minutes ago, Belo said:

What guys might that be.

6 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I have investments that are doing fine .

Keep in mind , investments can go down too.

Im fine with my portfolio , I sleep well at night knowing I owe nothing .

Could i MAYBE make 10 percent on that 60k … sure MAYBE…but maybe not too…

Ive got enough to live the rest of my life even if I quit working tomorrow .

Everyone is different .

If I was 20 or 39 yrs old I may do things differently 

I agree that everyone is different and so is their financial situation. I guess my point is that it's hard NOT to find an interest rate under 3% and there are conservative, safe investments that will get you that easily. I didn't mean to imply that someone should take that $60k and play with their etrade account.

I'm a cash guy too, just not for home, cars or student loans. Thankfully the last one is in rearview. 

a loan at .4% is crazy low.   Not sure how it even makes sense to them

Lots of cars offer 0% financing for 60 or 72 months. Or at least they used to.

Edit : Ford F-150 is 0% for 72 months right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Lots of cars offer 0% financing for 60 or 72 months. Or at least they used to.

Edit : Ford F-150 is 0% for 72 months right now.

But those are from the manufacturer selling a car for profit. The credit Union only makes money from the interest and less that half of a percent seems like it costs more to administer than it’s worth.  Come on Biz. You know better. 

Note when they do that you don’t get the manufactures incentives . It’s one or the other 

I’m not sure. I always negotiate way down and still get 0% financing, free oil changes etc. but I understand times are different now

But those are from the manufacturer selling a car for profit. The credit Union only makes money from the interest and less that half of a percent seems like it costs more to administer than it’s worth.  Come on Biz. You know better. 

Forgive me ignorance, idk what a credit union is? But agree 1/2% seems silly

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m not sure. I always negotiate way down and still get 0% financing, free oil changes etc. but I understand times are different now

Ha nothing is free, trust me you are paying for it one way or another .

Ha nothing is free, trust me you are paying for it one way or another .

Again, I understand times are different now. But back in the day getting 10-15% off MSRP with free add ons was commonplace. You pit 3 dealers against each other and let them go to work. It was a blast.

They got tons of people Who don’t negotiate. It’s like new tires- if you don’t ask for free tire rotations after buying new tires you won’t get it

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Again, I understand times are different now. But back in the day getting 10-15% off MSRP with free add ons was commonplace. You pit 3 dealers against each other and let them go to work. It was a blast.

They got tons of people Who don’t negotiate. It’s like new tires- if you don’t ask for free tire rotations after buying new tires you won’t get it

Yea , I’ve been a tier one supplier to Borg Warner , Chrysler and Ford for years so I get the employee discount and then any available incentives .

I also get Ford cash once I awhile . I have 3k in Ford private offer cash now but I’m not wanting a new vehicle .

I just sold my 18 F150 for what I paid for it brand new…

Crazy times 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, moog5050 said:

a loan at .4% is crazy low.   Not sure how it even makes sense to them

i didn't want to spread misinformation. the rate is 1.9% with 0.5% off for automatic payments.  the lowest possible is 1.49%.  sorry for the confusion....

Just now, f3cbboy said:

i didn't want to spread misinformation. the rate is 1.9% with 0.5% off for automatic payments.  the lowest possible is 1.49%.  sorry for the confusion....

still a good rate.   I think I am at 1.9, might have to check if they reduce for auto pay.

• Like 1

In years past ,nobody in their right mind would pay for anything at MSRP .Only this past year ,with a low supply of vehicles ,dealers and customers knew there wasn’t much to haggle on .

Ive went so far as dealing with 3 local dealers and multiple out of state dealers to see what the best price I could come up with .Same with my Tractor ,4wheeler ,even concrete work .In the past 2 years I’ve probably saved 15-20k haggling prices . .Currently,we’re in different times .We’ll see what the future holds.I did pay MSRP on my latest truck .I got way more than what I paid for the one prior ,so I was ok with that .Also had 1.9% interest on 60 months .Along with that I got thrown in an extra set of tires and upgraded running boards .(needed something to cancel out the interest )

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1

So I have a decision to make in July. I've always been anti-lease and just bought vehicles. However, in July 2019 I leased a 2019 Ford Ranger XLT. Added in nearly all the options, spray-in bedliner, etc. The MSRP was somewhere around $42K ands the buyout is $26K. I pay $129/month. We only did this since it was our first truck and knew I would stay under the miles and then would buy it outright in July 2022 if we liked it (which we do). If I remember right, I was allowed 31,500 miles total. Thanks to the pandemic and not driving 25 miles/day to/from train, I am around 13K miles. All that being said, I'm getting a steal then to buy this truck in the summer right? I'm paying for a truck with 31K miles but will likely only have 15K miles.

Or because pricing has skyrocketed for used vehicles, do I buy it and sell it right away? just to buy a brand new one?

Thanks all. 

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

So I have a decision to make in July. I've always been anti-lease bought vehicles. However, in July 2019 I leased a 2019 Ford Ranger XLT. Added in nearly all the options, spray-in bedliner, etc. The MSRP was somewhere around $42K ands the buyout is $26K. I pay $129/month. We only did this since it was our first truck and knew I would stay under the miles and then would buy it outright in July 2022 if we liked it (which we do). If I remember right, I was allowed 31,500 miles total. Thanks to the pandemic and not driving 25 miles/day to/from train, I am around 13K miles. All that being said, I'm getting a steal then to buy this truck in the summer right? I'm paying for a truck with 31K miles but will likely only have 5K miles.

Or because pricing has skyrocketed for used vehicles, do I buy it and sell it right away? just to buy a brand new one?

Thanks all. 

We lease my wife’s vehicle .i have alwys told the dealer to give me 15k mile a year or no deal .I have also negotiated the lease price also .But dam ,$129 a month ,can’t beat that .A women I work with pays $700 a month on a leased Chevy Colorado ,wtf lol .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

We lease my wife’s vehicle .i have alwys told the dealer to give me 15k mile a year or no deal .I have also negotiated the lease price also .But dam ,$129 a month ,can’t beat that .A women I work with pays $700 a month on a leased Chevy Colorado ,wtf lol .

we turned in an owned car as the down payment

33 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

In years past ,nobody in their right mind would pay for anything at MSRP .Only this past year ,with a low supply of vehicles ,dealers and customers knew there wasn’t much to haggle on .

Ive went so far as dealing with 3 local dealers and multiple out of state dealers to see what the best price I could come up with .Same with my Tractor ,4wheeler ,even concrete work .In the past 2 years I’ve probably saved 15-20k haggling prices . .Currently,we’re in different times .We’ll see what the future holds.I did pay MSRP on my latest truck .I got way more than what I paid for the one prior ,so I was ok with that .Also had 1.9% interest on 60 months .Along with that I got thrown in an extra set of tires and upgraded running boards .(needed something to cancel out the interest )

That’s why I like my program , it’s usually invoice or just under , no haggling … 

Then you get any incentives and can use your private cash IF you have any