Otis Pike - spot 47 - Shotgun Deer Hunting January Season

Ledge77

Anyone ever hunt deer at Otis Pike spot 47 before?  Drew a great lottery number and will be there for Shotgun January Deer season.  Seems a little isolated from the rest of the preserve.  Not sure if that is good or bad.  Just curious if anyone has had success there or can share any tips regarding the property for a newbie.  Feel free to PM me - totally understand the discretion.  Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated - will be sure to pay it forward some day.

That's a good spot. I have only hunted it during bow. Good luck! Unless things changed, you have to access from the back side during shotgun season (need 4x4) instead of the usual parking spots along the road that are used in bow season. I would suggest you scout it before opening day and get the lay of the land. Maybe get a buddy and still hunt to nudge deer towards one another.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Greatly appreciate the advice here.  Will plan on doing more walking then blind/cover hunting.  That seems to be the consistent advice I am hearing.  Anything else that comes to mind - I am all ears.  Looking to soak up as much info prior as possible.  Thanks again

On 12/24/2021 at 3:16 AM, Ledge77 said:

Greatly appreciate the advice here.  Will plan on doing more walking then blind/cover hunting.  That seems to be the consistent advice I am hearing.  Anything else that comes to mind - I am all ears.  Looking to soak up as much info prior as possible.  Thanks again

be ready for running shots