Closure...

NonTypical

I didn’t hunt much at all this year due to an injury back in October. And last year I shot what I thought was a pretty good buck on Election Day, only to hit him a touch back in the liver. He ended up doubling back to where he came from and I never found him. The gentleman who cares for the adjoining property ended up finding him a few days later and took the head. I only found out about it over the summer in a conversation with him. He promised that he would return it to me and today he finally did. After it being a bust this year and many sleepless nights last season as I continued to look for this buck, I’m glad that I’ve finally got him back. It turns out that he’s a 13 point. I’m going to drop him off and have his skull whitened up so more this week. 5083F0D7-CD6D-4B47-981D-C0F180C899B1.thumb.jpeg.6f5f5c71dbbe87dd19b5ebd692274398.jpeg

• Like 15

Sounds like you have a good neighbor, found a buck on mine years ago muzzleloader season knew it had to be one of the neighbors a d tracked down the shooter and gave them the head.  Was her best buck ever.  Really helps neighborly relations .  Would of looked good on his wall but really could he be proud of it when he knew you killed it ??  Imo  did the right thing and I'm sure you respect him more than you did before

• Like 1

I didn’t hunt much at all this year due to an injury back in October. And last year I shot what I thought was a pretty good buck on Election Day, only to hit him a touch back in the liver. He ended up doubling back to where he came from and I never found him. The gentleman who cares for the adjoining property ended up finding him a few days later and took the head. I only found out about it over the summer in a conversation with him. He promised that he would return it to me and today he finally did. After it being a bust this year and many sleepless nights last season as I continued to look for this buck, I’m glad that I’ve finally got him back. It turns out that he’s a 13 point. I’m going to drop him off and have his skull whitened up so more this week. 5083F0D7-CD6D-4B47-981D-C0F180C899B1.thumb.jpeg.6f5f5c71dbbe87dd19b5ebd692274398.jpeg
Did you have permission to look on that property. Always to find the animal....but nicer to learn how they reached after the shot......where did they go and how far from POI. Congrats!!!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

wow. what a monster! why did it take the guy 6 months to return him? lol

He told me over the summer that he no longer had it in his possession and gave it away, but would try and get it back for me. It took a while, but he finally got it back and contacted me. I believe him and I’m just glad to finally have it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Did you have permission to look on that property. Always to find the animal....but nicer to learn how they reached after the shot......where did they go and how far from POI. Congrats!!!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I did not have permission and honestly that was the last place that I would’ve suspected he went. He crossed a main road after possibly getting jumped by some small game hunters not long after I shot him. 

8 minutes ago, CharlieNY said:

That's great that he got it back and got it to you. Very few people would be so considerate. Do not forget to get him a Christmas present this week. He surely deserves a nice one.        valoroutdoors.com

That was already taken care of. 

• Like 3