Holiday Season

wolc123

2 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Man I have to give you prop’s. You are good. In the post above your loving that little baby deer and in the other shot your loving up on that so called big one ya got.   And you have the meat of the two arranged just perfectly in that pan both times around. That about says it all. Can’t wait to see where the next one pop’s up  EF42212C-8A6A-4C81-AD09-7E89CB63A2CB.thumb.png.f95748625753da6d48b11c7ba34bbd01.png

Maybe you were not able to crack my code:  BB = big buck 3.5 years old or more.  bb = button buck 4 - 6 months old.  All the meat in that pan is from this BB.  Get it now ? 

You got to like my orange drag handle anyhow ? I used it for its intended purpose, AFTER dragging that lean, gut-filled carcass to a clear area.  Order of operations is important on such a job as that.  

F661514C-BC67-45BC-B876-668CFA7D6B51.jpeg

3 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Lol. Yeah and then when I shit on him we have some whineasses that complain to me about it.   Sorry. Won’t work that way in these parts. 

This whineass would like to know, which one of these are you, the game shamer? The question is rhetorical. 

https://www.realtree.com/deer-hunting/articles/5-deer-hunters-who-tick-everyone-off

Just now, Steuben Jerry said:

This whineass would like to know, which one of these are you, the game shamer? The question is rhetorical. 

https://www.realtree.com/deer-hunting/articles/5-deer-hunters-who-tick-everyone-off

So I’m a game shamer if I call out his killing of babies yet he or anyone else is not if they call out someone as a trophy hunter?   You know what that makes you whineasses?  

4 minutes ago, RangerClay said:

I plan to go out Monday just to say that I participated in the first holiday hunt.  It looks like my favorite county to hunt in  plans to opt out next year.  We'll see how it goes.

It will most likely prove itself to be as useless as the idea was to begin with.         Maybe something will come good out of it next year and they will open the door for Xbow in archery to let others enjoy the hunt and weather. And without doubt it will add more deer kills to the books then this whatever they call it hunt will. 

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

Maybe you were not able to crack my code:  BB = big buck 3.5 years old or more.  bb = button buck 4 - 6 months old.  All the meat in that pan is from this BB.  Get it now ? 

You got to like my orange drag handle anyhow ? I used it for its intended purpose, AFTER dragging that lean, gut-filled carcass to a clear area.  Order of operations is important on such a job as that.  

F661514C-BC67-45BC-B876-668CFA7D6B51.jpeg

It's not nice to rub your success in fsw face. It seems he didn't have a successful year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Just Lucky said:

It's not nice to rub your success in fsw face. It seems he didn't have a successful year

You don’t have to worry to much about me not hanging a couple oversized beasts on the meat pole every year. Not overly tough thing to do.   But you won’t see me ever feel the need to put them on every post I make. 

0121BE40-C58E-4BC0-8178-98F4468FAB40.png

5BF8CC90-2F48-4C5D-8166-94C691179190.png

31403E13-FDE9-4E75-BE3F-19281CE82EE3.png

• Like 2

It looks like he was very successful up north, but I haven’t heard about down south.   He’s not talking about it, so I got to assume he was shut out down at Letchworth.  

If he is one of those “hypocrites” who opposes the Holliday season, but will hunt it anyhow, then he can still get it done properly (with a true “trophy” by his definition) down there, up until January 1, 2022.

I am going “trophy” mode myself, with my remaining buck tag, until my last (January 1, 2022 pm) hunt.  The way I justify that is: I don’t really need more meat, and by passing a small buck early, I might be able to use my tag on a bigger one on that last hunt.  

I will go back to the same standard I used for the early part of the seasons this fall: 4 points on a side or solid 2.5 year old minimum. That  photogenic 3.5 year old 6x3 of mine, that FSW likes seeing so much, blew that minimum out of the water.  That was just one of those rare instances of “ground growth”.

I figured him for a solid 2.5 year old 8 point, when I first looked away from his rack and tried to get a slug into his chest.  I was very surprised by the size of the rack and the carcass when I walked up on it.    The fact that ones like that don’t come around for me every year (just 4 out of the last 5 in fact), means lots of on line pictures when it does finally happen.

10 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

It looks like he was very successful up north, but I haven’t heard about down south.   He’s not talking about it, so I got to assume he was shut out down at Letchworth.  

If he is one of those “hypocrites” who opposes the Holliday season, but will hunt it anyhow, then he can still get it done properly (with a true “trophy” by his definition) down there, up until January 1, 2022.

I am going “trophy” mode myself, with my remaining buck tag, until my last (January 1, 2022 pm) hunt.  The way I justify that is: I don’t really need more meat, and by passing a small buck early, I might be able to use my tag on a bigger one on that last hunt.  

I will go back to the same standard I used for the early part of the seasons this fall: 4 points on a side or solid 2.5 year old minimum. That  photogenic 3.5 year old 6x3 of mine, that FSW likes seeing so much, blew that minimum out of the water.  That was just one of those rare instances of “ground growth”.

I figured him for a solid 2.5 year old 8 point, when I first looked away from his rack and tried to get a slug into his chest.  I was very surprised by the size of the rack and the carcass when I walked up on it.    The fact that ones like that don’t come around for me every year (just 4 out of the last 5 in fact), means lots of on line pictures when it does finally happen.

12 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

The fact that you think those two bucks are one of the same says everything we need to know about what you know about bigger deer. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

The way he talks about the poor hunting conditions in Ny I don't believe he was very successful in his opinion,  but you make a good point. 

FSW does still have time to get a fair chase deer with the holiday hunt. Hopefully he takes advantage of the opportunity with the rest of us bad hunters, and can save his season

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

The way he talks about the poor hunting conditions in Ny I don't believe he was very successful in his opinion,  but you make a good point. 

FSW does still have time to get a fair chase deer with the holiday hunt. Hopefully he takes advantage of the opportunity with the rest of us bad hunters, and can save his season

Yeah it sucks hanging a few hundred inches of antler up every year. And kinda hard to continue hunting when your tags are full. But that’s what happens on property that you manage under your own rules and not some joker sitting in an office somewhere.    Which I would bet you can’t claim the same success in your world. Pic’s of your prizes will always be welcome. We all like looking at deer pics. Throw them up. 

56 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

The fact that you think those two bucks are one of the same says everything we need to know about what you know about bigger deer. 

They do look different,  upon a closer look.  Congrats on another two big-buck year, in NY.  Did you notice the missing brow tines on that first one before you shot him ? Now I see why you are so pissed off when I put up the pictures of mine.  The Good Lord blessed me, the lowly, unskilled, button-buck killing, meat- hunter, with a 9-pointer, in addition to my prized early button buck, while you got stuck with just a 7 and an 8.  That gives me the tastier one and the bigger one by most common-folk measures.  

I was thankful that my big one had broken off his other two points, thru the rut.  I didn’t have to spring for a shoulder mount, for what would have been my one and only 11 pointer. 

Just set your sights a little higher next year, if the racks in the low-hundreds are not doing it for you anymore.    There are lots of bigger ones out there, you just need to step up your game a touch, maybe spring for some better binoculars and scope.  

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

They do look different,  upon a closer look.  Congrats on another two big-buck year, in NY.  Did you notice the missing brow tines on that first one before you shot him ? Now I see why you are so pissed off when I put up the pictures of mine.  The Good Lord blessed me, the lowly, unskilled, button-buck killing, meat- hunter, with a 9-pointer, in addition to my prized early button buck, while you got stuck with just a 7 and an 8.  That gives me the tastier one and the bigger one by most common-folk measures.  

I was thankful that my big one had broken off his other two points, thru the rut.  I didn’t have to spring for a shoulder mount, for what would have been my one and only 11 pointer. 

Just set your sights a little higher next year, if the racks in the low-hundreds are not doing it for you anymore.    There are lots of bigger ones out there, you just need to step up your game a touch, maybe spring for some better binoculars and scope.  

Again showing your lack of knowledge. And I guess piss poor eyesight also thinking anything was broken on either of those bucks.   You continue to show what an idiot you are with each and every post.                     Must take a hell of a man to even write the words of the enjoyment of killing the smallest and dumbest of the quarry he hunts. But I guess it shows. 

1 minute ago, Four Seasons said:

Again showing your lack of knowledge. And I guess piss poor eyesight also thinking anything was broken on either of those bucks.   You continue to show what an idiot you are with each and every post.                     Must take a hell of a man to even write the words of the enjoyment of killing the smallest and dumbest of the quarry he hunts. But I guess it shows. 

Missing and broken are two different things.  

Man I love me some dumb deer, I always said i wanted to find deaf and blind ones ! Any buck in the rut is about the dumbest deer around , carrot top,here kept coming as Joe kept missing as the doe ran to Joe’s wide open stand , finally on shot number four ,as the buck came even closer and stopped he got it .

E6B8CFE4-D8BC-4AE1-A568-EAD88216DF88.png

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Yeah it sucks hanging a few hundred inches of antler up every year. And kinda hard to continue hunting when your tags are full. But that’s what happens on property that you manage under your own rules and not some joker sitting in an office somewhere.    Which I would bet you can’t claim the same success in your world. Pic’s of your prizes will always be welcome. We all like looking at deer pics. Throw them up. 

I wanna see tape on those 2 bucks. No way a few hundred inches. In my world I have had a very successful season, managed alot of woods time, spent time with my father, doing what has always brought us together. Scored an 8 point during last week of crossbow,  several opportunity at other deer, 2 bear encounters, 3 coyote encounters, one which I shot opening day of bow. Seen some beautiful deer before season, and some friends who got a few of them during season. Could not be happier for them, and am still quite content with the size of my p#$!$.

And now to have another week of season to enjoy deer hunting, kinda has me excited.  The colder the better I think. I always enjoy late season.

Maybe NY should promote this late season more and push opening of bow back to October 15th. Kinda off set the added pressure some are worried about.  But seriously I do not think this late season will have an impact on the whitetail deer one way or another.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

I wanna see tape on those 2 bucks. No way a few hundred inches. In my world I have had a very successful season, managed alot of woods time, spent time with my father, doing what has always brought us together. Scored an 8 point during last week of crossbow,  several opportunity at other deer, 2 bear encounters, 3 coyote encounters, one which I shot opening day of bow. Seen some beautiful deer before season, and some friends who got a few of them during season. Could not be happier for them, and am still quite content with the size of my p#$!$.

And now to have another week of season to enjoy deer hunting, kinda has me excited.  The colder the better I think. I always enjoy late season.

Maybe NY should promote this late season more and push opening of bow back to October 15th. Kinda off set the added pressure some are worried about.  But seriously I do not think this late season will have an impact on the whitetail deer one way or another.

Couple, Few does not matter. It’s maturity that matters here. Inches comes with the maturity package most times. As far as the seasons go it’s just a feel good thing for the same mismanaged state. They throw that feel good word in there “Holiday” which means Jack shit. They want more deer taken so they continue to add days to an already over hunted season and state. They  did not allow Xbow in archery because of politics and monies handed over by the Ny bow assoc which would have taken twice or three times the amount of deer this extra late season will bring. What few successes that will be had will again be baby bucks and fawns… The dumbest deer in the woods as the adult deer are still feeling the pressure of the last few months.   Funny part is the same fools that complain they see no deer or can’t find a shooter will be out there doing the same exact thing they have been doing for months.                         I myself hope it stays warm and snow free in the few days they propose so everyone out there can enjoy the “Special” hunt with family. 

16 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Couple, Few does not matter. It’s maturity that matters here. Inches comes with the maturity package most times. As far as the seasons go it’s just a feel good thing for the same mismanaged state. They throw that feel good word in there “Holiday” which means Jack shit. They want more deer taken so they continue to add days to an already over hunted season and state. They  did not allow Xbow in archery because of politics and monies handed over by the Ny bow assoc which would have taken twice or three times the amount of deer this extra late season will bring. What few successes that will be had will again be baby bucks and fawns… The dumbest deer in the woods as the adult deer are still feeling the pressure of the last few months.   Funny part is the same fools that complain they see no deer or can’t find a shooter will be out there doing the same exact thing they have been doing for months.                         I myself hope it stays warm and snow free in the few days they propose so everyone out there can enjoy the “Special” hunt with family. 

Couple vs. a few does matter, to you. It's all about the inches. You say it all the time. Too bad you didn't get the inches you so desperately wanted. Maybe next year you won't settle for mature.

This fool will be doing it differently this part of season. Late season hunt, is certainly not the same as early bow, crossbow,  gun, ect. Any human made food plot late season is a waste of time. 

The bucks will be bedding, and unless bumped, won't move. This time of year it seems deer will be lower on the hills. During gun I like ridges with briars, and shelves. This time of year I like valleys out of the wind with big and small pines. More shelter, and food source. And maybe I will decide to take a doe or 2 since I have been quite successful at seeing and watching deer this year. 

I hunt about 600 acres of land between mine and the neighbors. Late season I hit valley's and over looked brush lots near homes I have access too. Last weekend I watched 8 deer at different locations doing this. 50 yards behind barns near manure pile, down side of pond in a brushlot, behind neighbors house in pine rows.

Hopefully everyone that goes out for the holiday hunt has some success with their family and friends this holiday season. This could turn into the best week of the season for some.

• Like 2

Couple vs. a few does matter, to you. It's all about the inches. You say it all the time. Too bad you didn't get the inches you so desperately wanted. Maybe next year you won't settle for mature.

This fool will be doing it differently this part of season. Late season hunt, is certainly not the same as early bow, crossbow,  gun, ect. Any human made food plot late season is a waste of time. 

The bucks will be bedding, and unless bumped, won't move. This time of year it seems deer will be lower on the hills. During gun I like ridges with briars, and shelves. This time of year I like valleys out of the wind with big and small pines. More shelter, and food source. And maybe I will decide to take a doe or 2 since I have been quite successful at seeing and watching deer this year. 

I hunt about 600 acres of land between mine and the neighbors. Late season I hit valley's and over looked brush lots near homes I have access too. Last weekend I watched 8 deer at different locations doing this. 50 yards behind barns near manure pile, down side of pond in a brushlot, behind neighbors house in pine rows.

Hopefully everyone that goes out for the holiday hunt has some success with their family and friends this holiday season. This could turn into the best week of the season for some.

If you can add those two up I guess you would come up with plenty of inches and maturity so I guess you could say I got all I was looking for. Shocked you have not thrown up any pics of your success. It is a hunting site after all. And be sure to show your success on your future best week of the season. My guess is you won’t see it even offered again.