Indoor archery leagues anyone ?

rob-c

Called our local sporting goods shop to see if they were having  their league this year, and it’s starting Jan 3rd . I was a little surprised that they were having it so soon buy I got myself and my son signed up . It’s been few a years since shooting indoors so looking forward to it . 

1 hour ago, ncountry said:

I havn't shot league in years . I have been thinking about it for the last few years. It was fun and I have never shot better than those years that I did. Maybe this will be the year to start again.

Yep shot for years at the local fish and game  club. A new president was elected and basically he’s a gun snob and shut down all the archery event’s 3-d and indoor a few years ago. 

I've been invited to a few of these leagues but winter is long days for me at work.  Get up at 4:15am I am just done by the time work is over and then drive in the snow doesn't sound like fun. But I have done a bunch of 3D shoots and they were fun. I actually found I was shooting too much. Dunno if that makes sense but it seemed like I got in my own head and tweaked the bow over and over.  Now I take it out in August. Then try to shoot 5-10 arrows a week til season. And I feel even more confident this way. Plus it's yet another hobby I don't need lol. Said that about duck hunting too but here we go next season!