Live From The Water 2022

WNYBuckHunter

I fished great lakes trib western ny . Water was high and off color . Not a bad trip hooked up on some small browns ... lost 2 big stealhead.  Going to have to get some new leader material . Think I got a bad batch of fluorocarbon.  Brand new spool. All and all was a great day . Almost stayed over but my usual place was closed for the holiday. 

• Like 2

Went out yesterday on Champlain in my little open boat.  Foggy as heck, but calm and warm out.  Never had to wear gloves the whole day.  Set two riggers and had my first salmon in 15 minutes.  They were all little guys, but that bodes well for the future.  Ended up with 8 lakers and 4 salmon.  Not bad for a solo trip in December!

KIMG0220.jpeg

KIMG0219.jpeg

KIMG0221.jpeg

KIMG0215.jpeg

• Like 7

Went out yesterday on Champlain in my little open boat.  Foggy as heck, but calm and warm out.  Never had to wear gloves the whole day.  Set two riggers and had my first salmon in 15 minutes.  They were all little guys, but that bodes well for the future.  Ended up with 8 lakers and 4 salmon.  Not bad for a solo trip in December!
KIMG0220.thumb.jpeg.f021f17afc4cf8581209462a621f0b91.jpeg
KIMG0219.thumb.jpeg.6d2365b0372b9af5d041b790b85a90c4.jpeg
KIMG0221.thumb.jpeg.9a2c9c460c9e0c4edb70f0299f69b8a5.jpeg
KIMG0215.thumb.jpeg.dd62d6d68e8905112710a2d28b2136cc.jpeg
Making me jealous! I can't wait to pull the boat out this spring and hit the finger lakes for Lakers and salmon.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Nice catfish!  Had to be fun.  I've caught a few good ones in Oneida lake. 

I'm thinking our types of vacations would be similar. Lol.  Just find me some open water and some peace and quiet! 

Looks like a good time. 

Yes give me peace and quiet and water I'm good. Yes it was fun I was checking another pole when I seen the pole bend in half lol. I grab and reeled had to avoid letting him wrap around the dock stilts. So I dragged him to shore to avoid the line breaking trying to get him up over dock. Hooked one earlier felt like I was snagged. Got to surface of water and line snapped.

5 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Yes give me peace and quiet and water I'm good. Yes it was fun I was checking another pole when I seen the pole bend in half lol. I grab and reeled had to avoid letting him wrap around the dock stilts. So I dragged him to shore to avoid the line breaking trying to get him up over dock. Hooked one earlier felt like I was snagged. Got to surface of water and line snapped.

I really like catching catfish. There is no timi g the bite like bullhead or some other fish. When the pole warps over or starts heading for the water . Grab it, set the hook and start reeling. . Then the big one get in close and just leave again..zzzzz ;)

• Like 1

I really like catching catfish. There is no timi g the bite like bullhead or some other fish. When the pole warps over or starts heading for the water . Grab it, set the hook and start reeling. . Then the big one get in close and just leave again..zzzzz

Do those big boys have barbs in their fins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Do those big boys have barbs in their fins?

Yes sir.

I think I've only caught channel cats . Our favored spots are usually good for a few in the 30-36" range on a decent day/night of fishing. I'm not sure on weight, I've never weighed a fish.

1 minute ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Not sure. I know they have lots of little sharp teeth my thumb can verify that. Next time I'll have a catfish holder. Pretty sure they do though just like bullhead.

Yes, they are pretty abrasive. I'm not sure about those people who deliberately stick their bare hands in holes to catch them. ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Yes, they are pretty abrasive. I'm not sure about those people who deliberately stick their bare hands in holes to catch them. ;)

There's a drop off out in front of the dock I was fishing from. Not sure how deep but lots of trees and stumps. I know the big one I caught is a blue catfish I think. I'm not sure there fun to catch.

• Like 1

Just land this bad boy. Hell of a fish. Blue catfish. Dragged him in water down dock to shore. Didn't want to risk the line snapping. Boy it's hard getting hooks out of them. Released back to get bigger.
IMG_20220102_124446.thumb.jpg.867e50f50e39557144f125b610baf8fa.jpg
IMG_20220102_124438.thumb.jpg.6b59bddaff6480de3dc4135b70a4afc6.jpg
IMG_20220102_124418.thumb.jpg.5fafac7454fea300d32e174ea5641354.jpg
IMG_20220102_124422.thumb.jpg.ec9b3ca1d38c53ecb61355c12fb5eeb6.jpg

Missed opportunity to be the creator of the 2022 thread!

• Like 1