Live From The Water 2022

WNYBuckHunter

Cool. I am fairly sure , I AM lake trout repellent. I belong to a club with a remote camp on a lake in Quebec,  and still can't catch one.. Ha. Ha.ha

Haha, use something white towards the bottom, don’t ever put a bait in the water without scent on it. Lakers are a blast to catch through the ice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Haha, use something white towards the bottom, don’t ever put a bait in the water without scent on it. Lakers are a blast to catch through the ice!

I was planning on going out this weekend and lake trout are what I’d be targeting.   I was planning in using live minnows if i could find them on tip ups.  Do you recommend that?  Otherwise i have the minnows in a bag they sell at walmart.  

I was planning on going out this weekend and lake trout are what I’d be targeting.   I was planning in using live minnows if i could find them on tip ups.  Do you recommend that?  Otherwise i have the minnows in a bag they sell at walmart.  

I’m way too impatient to tip up fish but yes, minnows work. I would recommend suckers 5-10ft off bottom. In 40-80fow.

Got it.  I figure while im jigging i can have a few tip ups out as well.  

I don’t stay at a hole long enough to do that. But I’m sure it could work. If I don’t mark a fish in 5 minutes I’m moving, usually once I mark one I’ll catch one or two then have to move. Moving for Lakers is a lot different than panfish. A small move is 50yds most are 75-100yds.

If I was going to put out some tip ups on LG they would be 6” under the ice with a small shiner for salmon. Faster setup and pickup and a lot more fun to catch!

• Like 2

First trip on the ice this year for me. The walleyes were pretty bitey, the perch, not so much. Home by lunchtime, it was starting to get nasty out there with the wind. 12" of ice on Oneida. Parking was a madhouse this morning at 6:30, never seen the lot full before at that time. IMG_20220123_123526972.jpgIMG_20220123_123532270.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, chrisw said:

-7° start to the morning. Fish were finicky all morning, ended up keeping 12 perch, lost one keeper eye at the hole, threw back some shorts. IMG_20220127_144730_769.jpgIMG_20220127_144730_905.jpg

Sounds like a good morning nonetheless. Im going out on sodus bay Saturday. Will be sub zero. cant wait haha

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
  • Like 1

Sounds like a good morning nonetheless. Yea m going out on sodus bay Saturday. Will be sub zero. Camt wait haha
My eyelashes and face was frozen on the ride out! I had to change out my heater propane tank at one point and my hole was crystalling up before I got the new tank on.

50 minutes ago, chrisw said:

-7° start to the morning. Fish were finicky all morning, ended up keeping 12 perch, lost one keeper eye at the hole, threw back some shorts. IMG_20220127_144730_769.jpgIMG_20220127_144730_905.jpg

I thought about going on lake Champlain but seen -20 on thermometer and said no. Took all day to reach out high with the wind blowing like crazy. Maybe another day.

• Like 1