Live From The Water 2022

WNYBuckHunter

7 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Anyone ever fish in myrtle beach? I booked an inshore trip tomorrow afternoon. Primary target is redfish but I'm bringing my daughter so i told the guide action is the top priority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used to frequent the spring maid pier as a kid.  We would jig for Spanish mackerel,  bluefish, and I caught a pompano once. Surfcasting on beach with shrimp we would catch whiteing and bluefish. Good luck

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Anyone ever fish in myrtle beach? I booked an inshore trip tomorrow afternoon. Primary target is redfish but I'm bringing my daughter so i told the guide action is the top priority

We'll be down there on Saturday, may look into fishing myself 

12 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We did a half day offshore trip on a party boat a few years ago this time of year. All we caught were small sea bass. Was told by the captain that this time of year you need to get out to the gulf stream to catch "real" fish and that takes a full day trip. 

When I lived on Paris island, 150 miles south the cobia fishing inshore was amazing this time of year. Could always catch red and black drum, flounder was great and speckled trout was getting good this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent another 4 hours fishing nothing.The water in three spots was dirty and moving fast. The last spot was clear and the stone flies out of control. I even threw a few tins. I might have to get dirty and hook on a worm. Lol
ba6ca3b38e87005017e612452a1e60af.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Beat up the perch again yesterday, forgot to snap a pic. Got into some largies today, boated a dozen. IMG_20220412_120931999.thumb.jpg.323e22316e16987f000be5c6d8c19eb0.jpgIMG_20220412_115337867.thumb.jpg.5e851a0e41639218d59fe010173b0407.jpgIMG_20220412_121209489.thumb.jpg.7f0d83c9f7236a83aa35f3587ded94a7.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Do the perch Spawn close to shore like sunnys and bass?
Awesome bass!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk no

7 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Spent another 4 hours fishing nothing.The water in three spots was dirty and moving fast. The last spot was clear and the stone flies out of control. I even threw a few tins. I might have to get dirty and hook on a worm. Lol
ba6ca3b38e87005017e612452a1e60af.jpg

No shame in a worm! That's been the ticket for me, lately. Nice spot. 

• Like 1

Do the perch Spawn close to shore like sunnys and bass?
Awesome bass!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk no
Yes they do. Perch will spawn in 5-15' of water typically in last year's grass. Their eggs will stick to the vegetation in long strings. We've been fishing 9' of water for perch.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1