Live From The Water 2022

WNYBuckHunter

52 minutes ago, mowin said:

Finally... wasn't huge. Just legal at 27.75".  Cooking it up tomorrow.  We had a bunch of runs, but lost them. This was the only fish in the boat, other than bait fish.  

IMG_20220507_123211859_HDR.jpg

Congrats, My Friend  !!    That is about the size of my first striper..I caught it  from a jetty adjacent to the Destroyer piers in Newport, RI , in June of 1973  on a chunk of cut mackerel....

• Like 1

I caught this beauty on Friday on the Esopus Creek below phonecia. My biggest stream rainbow ever,19"
20220506_152005.thumb.jpg.af2cba9d9c806c016d2e70673548895c.jpg
Great trout! Any acrobatics from that bow? I remember years ago my Dad hooked an 18" and I was like 100 yards away and saw it jumping out of the creek. I ran down there as fast as I could to help him land it.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Great trout! Any acrobatics from that bow? I remember years ago my Dad hooked an 18" and I was like 100 yards away and saw it jumping out of the creek. I ran down there as fast as I could to help him land it.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

This one didn't jump but tried to get down below the rocks and bury itself or snag my line. I was happy I had a friend with me and he came and netted the fish for me. I was 6' above the creek on some big rocks.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mowin said:

Finally... wasn't huge. Just legal at 27.75".  Cooking it up tomorrow.  We had a bunch of runs, but lost them. This was the only fish in the boat, other than bait fish.  

IMG_20220507_123211859_HDR.jpg

Need to go down to Toledo Bend res on border of Louisiana  and Texas. We use to get a dozen of them in an outing on that lake.

• Like 1

I know absolutely  nothing about stripers. Do they bite best at night? Seems  most of your pics are at night . 

I feel they do yes, I do catch them during the day but action seems better at night. Also I fish a lot after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Livelining eels in the dark around Prudence Island is exhilarating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha eeling is a ton of fun. There is a certain channel on one of the back bays of the south shore I plan on hitting soon

How are they for eating. Unagi is a favorite of mine eating sushi 

So I’m not catching them using them as bait.

You gotta get pretty far away from the Hudson to eat the eels

Finally on the fly!!!
I stopped at the creek I was catching the brown trout at and picked a small one off right away, but it snapped my lie and took off with my spinner. They where jumping out of the water but I couldn’t reach them so I left. Headed to a stream with brook trout. I wanted to try a dry dropper first cast it went I thought I snagged bottom second cast a bang fish on I fumbled the net and lost it. After awhile I noticed the where just going for the nymph so I took the dry off. I don’t know how many I actually landed, but it was awesome!!!!!
c0832ca7982c7c3399c70f2d8e55ee37.jpg
There really a Beautiful fish.
Hopefully there still there tomorrow.

• Like 8

Finally on the fly!!!
I stopped at the creek I was catching the brown trout at and picked a small one off right away, but it snapped my lie and took off with my spinner. They where jumping out of the water but I couldn’t reach them so I left. Headed to a stream with brook trout. I wanted to try a dry dropper first cast it went I thought I snagged bottom second cast a bang fish on I fumbled the net and lost it. After awhile I noticed the where just going for the nymph so I took the dry off. I don’t know how many I actually landed, but it was awesome!!!!!
c0832ca7982c7c3399c70f2d8e55ee37.jpg
There really a Beautiful fish.
Hopefully there still there tomorrow.

Brookies are awesome, nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1