Live From The Water 2022

WNYBuckHunter

Slip bobber rig and a minnow . Jig. Drop to the bottom and jig the first 5 feet then move up another 3 feet . Prospect the area .. paddle back up start over . Mark where you hook up and grid the area . Or you could buy a fish finder and find the fish.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crappyice said:

ae17c875284d0a3135391670686f8a81.jpg
So how would I fish this pond from a kayak for the stocked rainbows and browns? I don't have a fish finder and saw another boat lose a good brown at the boat this last weekend when I was just throwing and retrieving rooster tails to no success. Looked like they were jigging in the deep water cove...with what? Not a huge fan of trolling but could get a canoe in their with an electric motor- or is it possible to troll paddling kayak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try slow pitch jigging. EliasV fishing has youtube videos of him jigging trout up

11 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Also the adirondack stand by -slow troll by paddling a  lake clear wobbler and a worm.......image.jpeg.fb33abdd39ede071cdaece7f939e6c14.jpeg

Brings back some good memories. We fished a small northern ADK lake for native brookies using this method for years.  Caught a lot of fish.! ;)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Whos got some smallmouth tips for the upper Niagara?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I showed you everything I knew when we fished the upper 4-5 years ago.  That was quite a day..........about as productive as Yukon Cornelius looking for gold.

22 in Large mouth on Yamamoto "D" Shad on a 1/16 oz weighted twistlock 3.0 hook. He took it on the flutter down on the deep water side of a shallow weed bed here on Keuka. Caught bass there for nearly 60 years now in the same 12 foot starcraft.

bass.jpg

• Like 11

eeab266cabbf85957349b6b958d4f804.jpg
Gave that trout lake a quick shot this morning with all you tips to no success. The wind was whipping which made it tough to jig where I really wanted to and pay attention to bottom depth by feel without a fish finder.
Guess whose in the market for a fish finder that can be portable used for both kayaks and ice fishing?

Saw a guy this winter using this and it was sweet and simple but this site seems sketchy and I can't find it anywhere else. May just get the handheld version

127d688974d01b9d0dd84823bc0327ce.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 8:02 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

3 " Gulp and 1/8 oz jig head. Pitch in front of boat , light wiggle and once lure parallel to you reel in and repeat. If jig gets behind you youll hang up and trolling motor aint gonna get you back.

How bout using a flyrod with sink tip and a Micky Finn?

I love smallies on the fly. Maybe one day I will get back into fly fishing .

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

Gave that trout lake a quick shot this morning with all you tips to no success. The wind was whipping which made it tough to jig where I really wanted to and pay attention to bottom depth by feel without a fish finder.
Guess whose in the market for a fish finder that can be portable used for both kayaks and ice fishing?

Saw a guy this winter using this and it was sweet and simple but this site seems sketchy and I can't find it anywhere else. May just get the handheld version

Crappyice, that Marcum will get the job done, it is a good unit, especially for the price.   If you want to spend big bucks, you could get a Hummingbird Helix All Season unit, either 5 or 7 inch.  I got the 5 only because it fits inside of a 5 gallon bucket, which makes it perfect for ice fishing.  

• Like 1

Maybe i sell you my garmin striker for a fair deal?

Lol I saw that. The lake is clearer than it's ever been. Yesterday coming in could see everything thru the weeds and we were looking at fish all the way in. Plus they listed as all the farmland around it is causing the pollution from runoff. Farms....what Farms?? Dunno. But I'm still living. Lol

I read that then sent to my feed later was the worst town in NY and it was listed as Newburgh. Then later a list of 10 towns in NY where people want to live and Newburgh was also on this list.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Lol I saw that. The lake is clearer than it's ever been. Yesterday coming in could see everything thru the weeds and we were looking at fish all the way in. Plus they listed as all the farmland around it is causing the pollution from runoff. Farms....what Farms?? Dunno. But I'm still living. Lol

I read that then sent to my feed later was the worst town in NY and it was listed as Newburgh. Then later a list of 10 towns in NY where people want to live and Newburgh was also on this list.

may I suggest catch & release before you grow a 3rd arm?

and anyone who thinks Newburgh is a positive place to live is on crack. It's always the murder capital of SENY

Edited by BizCT
  • Like 1

Broadway in Newburgh is a tough spot. Outskirts of Newburgh and the waterfront are very nice. Can slip your boat in the Hudson from the waterfront.

Yea that one strip on the water is fun to party at night