Live From The Water 2022

WNYBuckHunter

How do you guys keep your fish when you are saltwater surf fishing if you don’t have a cooler?  And a stringer from the belt is not an option?  Ive read that you can bury in the sand but I am specifically talking about surf fishing in the southern heat.  

How do you fish without cold beer?
Remove and consume beer from cooler and cram fish in a soft cooler!
I had a small soft cooler in a large plastic garbage bag to prevent leaking that held 5 beers with a few refeeezable blocks and some loose ice. That fit in a bottom pocket of a backpack I hijacked from my kid.
My system was sweet! Small tackle box and water shoes fit in top pouch. Headlamps nd multi tool in small top poker with keys and cell phones. Two rod holder in the "bat" pockets that strapped tight and even allowed me to put the rods in while walking out
4ebe0622597c639a0e3a5ccc38abe303.jpg
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

How do you fish without cold beer?
Remove and consume beer from cooler and cram fish in a soft cooler!
I had a small soft cooler in a large plastic garbage bag to prevent leaking that held 5 beers with a few refeeezable blocks and some loose ice. That fit in a bottom pocket of a backpack I hijacked from my kid.
My system was sweet! Small tackle box and water shoes fit in top pouch. Headlamps nd multi tool in small top poker with keys and cell phones. Two rod holder in the "bat" pockets that strapped tight and even allowed me to put the rods in while walking out
4ebe0622597c639a0e3a5ccc38abe303.jpg

Cold beer goes in the small cooler section of my tackle backpack.  Good for a a six pack and some ice.  I just never want to cram the fish in there.  Ive kept them on a stringer or in a laundry bag if i am in calm water inlets. Im talking out front with some surf.  Last summer i had an osprey dive bomb a mackerel I caught that I had tied off to some driftwood.  I guess I should stop bitching and just bring a small cooler designated for fish and beers. 

How do you guys keep your fish when you are saltwater surf fishing if you don’t have a cooler?  And a stringer from the belt is not an option?  Ive read that you can bury in the sand but I am specifically talking about surf fishing in the southern heat.  

I have a cooler backpack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://icemulecoolers.com/products/the-icemule-pro-large?variant=39083720972&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjdDa-96r-QIVUQeICR2K1w7dEAQYFCABEgJEKvD_BwE

Full disclosure did not purchase this it was won in a sales contest at work

I have a cooler backpack.  I think im gonna turn that into a fish cooler.   And if I catch something too bug for it, well that's a good problem to have!

Make sure it’s grizzly proof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

I have a cooler backpack.  I think im gonna turn that into a fish cooler.   And if I catch something too bug for it, well that's a good problem to have!

Been there done that… caught a 34.5 in striped bass. Walked it back from the Jones beach jetty with the tail sticking out of the cooler.

• Like 1

Last minute excitement for me that starts with a 2:01 alarm clock and a 2:30 jog to
montauk to join my buddy, his father and son on a charter for striped bass (and hopefully fluke and sea bass).
Massive amount of deer in the drive out; one glorious 8-10 pointer
Hoping to update later with some pics!

• Like 10

Last minute excitement for me that starts with a 2:01 alarm clock and a 2:30 jog to
montauk to join my buddy, his father and son on a charter for striped bass (and hopefully fluke and sea bass).

Find a slot fish for the Blackstone please, we couldnt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 hours ago, crappyice said:

Let me know what area you saw the big buck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crappyice said:

Beautiful day out here on the East End.  Good luck.

6 hours ago, crappyice said:

I did a quick analysis of the moon, sun, rut, and tide charts. Looks like a good day for black bass and stripers. Looking forward to pics.

Biz nailed yet another prediction
06a17e70050c86bbc48b3c574735a2d4.jpg
ba645c914d7e7000e3b6c4431b471d4a.jpgd5be1d50ddb528f65b1a36aeb7e10538.jpg
8af751aa17aae01054ba63889c39b349.jpg

Steamed to Block Island and were into 40"+ stripers trolling jigs on lead right away. After the four of us boated above slot fish and we got a slot double, we switched to sea bass - some massive porgy were released and a few mackerel were kept for bait. Just did a morning trip and had nonstop action- back at the dock by 10:00.

cb4374acae2545008ab7b62a70d2bbd0.jpg
I needed a break from driving (good enough excuse) so I stopped at Jones beach and managed 5 short fluke and 2 robins.

• Like 6