Live From The Water 2022

WNYBuckHunter

On 10/26/2022 at 6:38 AM, crappyice said:

Come on now Kmart! Not blown away by the BK or West Branch....something was wrong- legendary waters for the east coast and I don't think that's hyperbole

WB is a world-class tailwater. BK is okay but you fish there to walk where giants once stood.

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

All good...except the Roscoe Diner sucks- there! I said it!

No argument. 

Five days on the Margaree River in Cape Breton. 14 hour drive to Halifax, then another four to Cape Breton.

After a thousand or so casts, my shoulder is on fire. For all that work - two bumps. Oh well ... Atlantic salmon fishing.

Still ...

EE5E2194-7D48-4AB9-8FDF-EA28798E567E_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.c4008171f7771b4595abf19228cbecf4.jpeg74376960-1746-4DA0-AF24-2D5059D968B3_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.cbe7a9bdd120b78b5f82c6e35bdda2b5.jpegB8997F5E-EA82-44C6-A014-1186CFB837D7_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.2ca60cff9bee5050d35fe530200fdbf8.jpeg56FBF78D-AEB7-4F92-9D0C-2E19C299ABB2_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.d5e125f29ad318e5893f220c34152422.jpeg

Edited by left field
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, BizCT said:

It was solid in 1989- 1993 ish. But like most places upstate the food sucks nowadays. We are spoiled.

I stopped there often  in 1972-73 in my commutes between home and

my ship home port in Ft, Schyler da Bronx...Usually about 3 -4 AM.....

• Like 1

The only good place to eat left in  Roscoe is Ramondos.  When I'm down that way I eat breakfast at the diner in Livingston Manor. 

Which one? Robinhood? And there is lots of good food in Roscoe… northern farmhouse pasta is fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped there often  in 1972-73 in my commutes between home and
 my ship home port in Ft, Schyler da Bronx...Usually about 3 -4 AM.....

Sort of sold… same family. I know them

Andre the Giant used to stop there with the WWF guys and he would hammer crazy amounts of omelets according to my old boss who’s father in law worked the kitchen back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I just hate every time I mention that I fish in Roscoe, someone always says, "Ive been to the Roscoe diner!"

There used to be a hole in the wall counter/diner right in town I liked better. Think it's gone now.

Maybe you can give me a break....Last time I stopped there ( for a coffee to get me back to my ship)  was about 4:00 am on a night in 1972....I had a shipmate with me and as we left the diner, a  cruiser with two troopers in it pulled us over...

Fortunately, we were sober, but one big ass trooper kept going through our duffel bags saying   " Got any pistols...Got any pistols  ??...."   He may have been  our accidental Governors father, or maybe grandpa...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Maybe you can give me a break....Last time I stopped there ( for a coffee to get me back to my ship)  was about 4:00 am on a night in 1972....I had a shipmate with me and as we left the diner, a  cruiser with two troopers in it pulled us over...

Fortunately, we were sober, but one big ass trooper kept going through our duffel bags saying   " Got any pistols...Got any pistols  ??...."   He may have been  our accidental Governors father, or maybe grandpa...

What ship were you on? My dad was on the  Destroyer USS Loyd Thomas around then. 

6 hours ago, Lucky118 said:

What ship were you on? My dad was on the  Destroyer USS Loyd Thomas around then. 

USS Moale, DD-693,,,,,WE were home ported in Ft Schuyler and our mission was training reserves........I don't recall the Lloyd Thomas..Where was she home ported ?

11 hours ago, crappyice said:

I just hate every time I mention that I fish in Roscoe, someone always says, "Ive been to the Roscoe diner!"

There used to be a hole in the wall counter/diner right in town I liked better. Think it's gone now.

Lol, tough shit I guess? That strange reason to be offended?

14 hours ago, Chef said:

Which one? Robinhood? And there is lots of good food in Roscoe… northern farmhouse pasta is fantastic

Meh, fantastic in that they’re not merely reheating precooked food? I like their intentions but the only fantastic restaurant up there requires driving around the reservoir - Brushland Eating House 

39 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Meh, fantastic in that they’re not merely reheating precooked food? I like their intentions but the only fantastic restaurant up there requires driving around the reservoir - Brushland Eating House 

Not far from me, but I refuse to go there due to the owners.

I'm watching this thread because I have eaten at the Roscoe Diner and it was perfect for what we needed - quick decent food right off the highway.    But It's nice to know some of the other places to try on the next trip through.  Farmhouse Pasta sounds great!