Live From The Water 2022

WNYBuckHunter

Geographically and logistically speaking, how can any food in Roscoe be fresh/great? [mention=762]Chef[/mention] and [mention=5278]The_Real_TCIII[/mention] would know better than me, but wouldn't it be hard to get anything fresh so far off the beaten path besides whatever they grow/butcher themselves?

Not at all, most of the major distributors have trucks out there multiple days a week. Most restaurants only get 2-3 delivery’s a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

Not at all, most of the major distributors have trucks out there multiple days a week. Most restaurants only get 2-3 delivery’s a week

Oh ok, that's good at least. Does the old phrase "don't eat seafood on Monday's at restaurants" still make sense? Majority of top restaurants aren't open monday anyway, but still....

Oh ok, that's good at least. Does the old phrase "don't eat seafood on Monday's at restaurants" still make sense? Majority of top restaurants aren't open monday anyway, but still....

Simple answer…. No

Simple answer…. No

Simple answer…. No

1 minute ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Bourdain changed his mind on that one long before his untimely death  

I didn't know he said it. I never seen his show or followed him. I just always heard seafood deliveries didn't come in on sundays or mondays. Maybe an old wives tail. When I do eat out its usually Thursday - Saturday anyway

Edited by BizCT

3 hours ago, Chef said:

But the food is great

I used to eat there occasionally. They had a simple burger and I would sit in the window for a burger and beer. She always treated me like shit, so I just gave up. 

On Bourdain - here's an excerpt from the new biography on how his mother got him published.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/anthony-bourdain-chef-author-sensation-1234615054/

I was comped an all expenses ticket to the Cayman Cookout a few years back. Top chefs from all over the world cooking for attendees. I was sitting at the bat of the Ritz, when Bourdain and Ripert sat down beside me. We chatted as various people came up and introduced themselves or took pics. I said, "You boys picked the wrong spot for a quiet drink," and Bourdain laughed and said, "It's just part of the gig."

He looked strung out and drawn thin. About a year before he died.

I used to eat there occasionally. They had a simple burger and I would sit in the window for a burger and beer. She always treated me like shit, so I just gave up. 
On Bourdain - here's an excerpt from the new biography on how his mother got him published.
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/anthony-bourdain-chef-author-sensation-1234615054/
I was comped an all expenses ticket to the Cayman Cookout a few years back. Top chefs from all over the world cooking for attendees. I was sitting at the bat of the Ritz, when Bourdain and Ripert sat down beside me. We chatted as various people came up and introduced themselves or took pics. I said, "You boys picked the wrong spot for a quiet drink," and Bourdain laughed and said, "It's just part of the gig."

I was/am a big fan of his books and shows- he sure did shine a red light on the glamor of being a chef. I would love to eat like a chef though in those 3am chef-only joints - pure comfort foods that you didn't even know was comfort food made perfectly

My neighbor was out yesterday and she said they caught 18 in about an hour. The launch at Marion Manor is busier than summer. Lol. Def a killer bite out there.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Yea it's pretty silly right now, Walleyes are gorging, bellies are stuffed. Alot of shorts too.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Tony was a very kind and seemingly outgoing person. The prime example of what you see on the outside is not necessarily what’s going on, on the inside. His outlook on the restaurant world and the impact he had on young chefs across the globe will not be matched in a long time.

• Like 1

Saw a post on diehards a walleye had 18 minnows in it.

Shorts are a good sign for another good year next year!

And late February ice fishing!

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Saw a post on diehards a walleye had 18 minnows in it.

Shorts are a good sign for another good year next year!

My 22.5" from today had 4, 4-5" perch in it, it was a thick fish. IMG_20221029_134323252_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 2