Live From The Water 2022

WNYBuckHunter

On 6/26/2022 at 7:56 PM, Pygmy said:

Back when I was doing a lot of carp fishing as a teenager,  we used to call them " Leatherback"  carp....

Rhode Island is loaded with carp. Apparently they used to stock them in the canals and streams around the factories and workers were welcome to catch them and take them home for dinner

42 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Rhode Island is loaded with carp. Apparently they used to stock them in the canals and streams around the factories and workers were welcome to catch them and take them home for dinner

In England carp are treated with much respect. Fisherman will catch , put lip balm on them to help with the hooked spot heal and released. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

ever try to fly fish for them?   I tried it a couple of times. Not easy!  tougher than a wily brown!   

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

In England carp are treated with much respect. Fisherman will catch , put lip balm on them to help with the hooked spot heal and released. 

So they would frown on bow shooting im thinking.  Did this a few times too.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

I would do a double replica mount to remember an awesome day like that!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Can only keep one a day. But I don't  keep them. They go back in to make more. To get a good rep of a fish that big would probably easy go 2 grand.