Healthy Delicious

Chef

So I have decided to go on a journey and start to eat better. I know this is something many do and sometimes struggle to find healthy food that tastes good.

I will chronicle some of my meals here and updated on my progress as well. Tonight was the start and I’ll see how it goes.

Half roasted chicken with quinoa broccoli and asparagus. I make a simple sauce of lemon juice, salt and pepper to go over the top

72f67e12d0f19775a9223e97f1732d51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 20

Is that one of those fancy chickens Bizzy is always bragging on or is it a 7-11 rotisserie bird?
I commend you for the effort.  It is so very difficult to change eating habits.  I sometimes think I need to see a food shrink, no kidding.

Neither it’s just a run of the mill whole bird from wegmans.

And yea it’s crazy I’m sure it won’t happen overnight but every healthy meal is a step in the right direction

• Like 1

Ive never made a chicken better than a supermarket rotisserie bird.

Good for you Chef, stick with it. After NYE I'm going no sugar/no grains and back to running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice no whole grains either ?

• Like 1

Did you put any season in the quinoa? I have tried it but just couldn't get use to it. 

Cook with chicken broth instead of water add salt..

Mix lemon juice with a little olive oil and dress the quinoa

• Thanks 1

Good luck Chef. After New Year’s Eve both the wife and I are going to cut way back on sugar and carbs. We have done it before and it’s about time to do it again. The first 2-3 weeks are annoying but after that it’s a breeze. I’d love to lose 20-25 pounds.

I need to lose 30 for sure.  I'm gonna get back to my regimen too.  I lost 100 pounds years ago and have since put 40 back on over the last 12 years.  

I will eat basically one meal a day. Meat and vegetable.  And every other day is soup.  Anything else is a small bowl of cereal. 

I will still have breakfast on the weekends as that's my thing. But it will be my only real meal and I will have it midday and also cut that down with less carbs. 

And of course lots of working out or chores.  Hopefully a lot of that will be working on the hunting spot and hiking with the dog.  And also back on the regimen of every night from 6-7 is workout time.  

Good luck Chef!  It sucks being a good cook sometimes. Lol. 

• Like 2

I need to lose 30 for sure.  I'm gonna get back to my regimen too.  I lost 100 pounds years ago and have since put 40 back on over the last 12 years.  
I will eat basically one meal a day. Meat and vegetable.  And every other day is soup.  Anything else is a small bowl of cereal. 
 I will still have breakfast on the weekends as that's my thing. But it will be my only real meal and I will have it midday and also cut that down with less carbs. 
And of course lots of working out or chores.  Hopefully a lot of that will be working on the hunting spot and hiking with the dog.  And also back on the regimen of every night from 6-7 is workout time.  
Good luck Chef!  It sucks being a good cook sometimes. Lol. 

It’s funny I’ve done things like what you are describing and it’s actually what sparked this. I don’t want to suffer and I don’t want to diet… I just want to eat healthy balanced meals and feel satisfied afterword.

I am going to try and and see if that and moderate exercise can make it work.

• Like 1

Good for you. It's rough to change eating habits. My challenge has always been eating healthy portions. When I'm in a good routine, which seems to be about half the year and it's easier when in in the office, I try to eat 4 or 5 small balanced meals each day. Cold cut meat with a fruit, granola bar with yogurt, etc... Along with that, sweets are my kryptonite. Brownies, cookies? Yes please...

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Is that one of those fancy chickens Bizzy is always bragging on or is it a 7-11 rotisserie bird?

I commend you for the effort.  It is so very difficult to change eating habits.  I sometimes think I need to see a food shrink, no kidding.

Bell & Evans Organic is the proper name

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Chef said:

It’s funny I’ve done things like what you are describing and it’s actually what sparked this. I don’t want to suffer and I don’t want to diet… I just want to eat healthy balanced meals and feel satisfied afterword.

I actually kinda liked it.  I got right into it and the wins kept me going. I decided in a 2 year span I was going to lose 100 pounds and payoff all my debt.  I worked a second job and did both.  I got so I didn't miss eating this way and enjoyed the workouts.  

I am older now and don't have the energy I used to have for sure. But am thinking 30 is def doable.  

• Like 1

Don't over look healthy fats , im doing 2 tablespoons of almond butter in the morning that really helps fight food cravings . also an avocado later in the day along with 3 fish oil pills in the AM.  Best of luck with the up coming journey. 

For sure with the healthy fats.I have a bunch of avocados, oily fish, extra virgin oil, and organic butter.

I think the most fun part of this is going to be finding ways to incorporate venison in different ways

• Like 1

Honestly the best I’ve ever done was following a weight watchers book. I didn’t do the meetings or anything just did the book and the point system. It really taught you to eat healthy and smaller portions. Not a fancy designer diet just plan ol taking care of yourself.

I probably dropped 40 pounds following weight watchers and working out 45-60 min a day 3-4 days a week. Which was before kids and a lot easier to do.

A big dinner and a drink or two at night is what’s killing me right now along with the holiday eating. I just got done crushing 15 wings and 2 IPA’s out to dinner with the family.

• Like 3

Not trying to be a jerk BUT it is pretty simple. Burn more calories than you take in

That is true for pure weight loss and can be done eating crap… this is more geared towards overall balanced health

I've been working on it since my birthday earlier this month. It was tough over the holidays, and I think I might have lost any gains that I made over the first couple of weeks. Regardless, I'm shooting to get down 30lbs. My wife is on board, which will make meals much easier since we'll both be shooting for a healthier diet. I'm also getting back on the Peloton after an extended hiatus. It's tough to find the time with the 2 kids, but I'm finding it somewhere. Also taking a couple of walks during the day and drinking more water.

Good luck Chef (and everyone riding the same boat). Looking forward to stealing some of your ideas. 

Edited by Splitear

34 minutes ago, Chef said:

That is true for pure weight loss and can be done eating crap… this is more geared towards overall balanced health

Exactly, skinny doesn't always mean healthy.  I know some really skinny people who would never qualify as healthy. 

• Like 1