Healthy Delicious

Chef

I've been working on it since my birthday earlier this month. It was tough over the holidays, and I think I might have lost any gains that I made over the first couple of weeks. Regardless, I'm shooting to get down 30lbs. My wife is on board, which will make meals much easier since we'll both be shooting for a healthier diet. I'm also getting back on the Peloton after an extended hiatus. It's tough to find the time with the 2 kids, but I'm finding it somewhere. Also taking a couple of walks during the day and drinking more water.
Good luck Chef (and everyone riding the same boat). Looking forward to stealing some of your ideas. 

Good luck to you as well! I hope you do steal ideas it’s pretty much the purpose for this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Exactly, skinny doesn't always mean healthy.  I know some really skinny people who would never qualify as healthy. 
I know a guy who is middle aged....6'1"....skinny as a rail and his cholesterol is through the roof. Eats like crap....it just doesn't show up on his body.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Exactly, skinny doesn't always mean healthy.  I know some really skinny people who would never qualify as healthy. 

especially Vegans. I know of a few vegans who are super thin, frail, and quite frankly look like death. They also suffer from light headedness and fight lethargy all the time.

• Haha 1

Hey Chef,have you looked into intermittent fasting? My wife and I started doing that several days a week and it has been pretty easy. We don't eat for about sixteen hours and have an 8 hr window to eat normal. This has a number of health benefits aside from weight loss. It is easier than I thought and it is kind of neat to be in charge of your belly again. I used to eat as soon as I got hungry,but now I realize I don't have to and the hunger actually subsides. 

Anyway,kudos for getting on the right track.

• Like 1

Hey Chef,have you looked into intermittent fasting? My wife and I started doing that several days a week and it has been pretty easy. We don't eat for about sixteen hours and have an 8 hr window to eat normal. This has a number of health benefits aside from weight loss. It is easier than I thought and it is kind of neat to be in charge of your belly again. I used to eat as soon as I got hungry,but now I realize I don't have to and the hunger actually subsides. 
Anyway,kudos for getting on the right track.

I have looked into this yes. I also spoke with a friend who is a nutritionist who says it’s better to eat lots of small meals all day that it keeps the Metabolism going.

• Like 1

I think I mentioned this to you, but a huge thing for me since the pandemic and not commuting is eating dinner earlier. Unless it's a party, or at a restaurant, etc. nowadays I never eat anything past 7-8pm. I wake up every morning now feeling light.

I think I mentioned this to you, but a huge thing for me since the pandemic and not commuting is eating dinner earlier. Unless it's a party, or at a restaurant, etc. nowadays I never eat anything past 7-8pm. I wake up every morning now feeling light.

Yup I have been working on that…

For me it’s not the late dinner but the after dinner snacks that have to go

• Like 3

We eat an early dinner and I rarely snack after dinner.....the thing I need to stop doing is pounding snacks when I get home from work.......it's like I walk in the house and feel the need to strap on the feed bag.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2021 at 9:10 AM, Chef said:

I will say again that the intermittent fasting is amazing for that. I used to snack and have a cocktail as well. Now if I am fasting I know I am done with all of that at 3 p.m. I think your nutritionist friend is wrong,look deeper into the fasting. When your body doesn't have to digest food it goes into repair mode because it doesn't have to put energy into digestion. 

This is supposed to help with insulin levels,a1c1,and general cell health. It is definetely worth a try in my opinion.

I am not even overweight and eat very healthy and am pre diabetic. I hate my blood work. So that is the main motivation for me to do the fasting. I am curious what my blood work will be next May...

I did drop 10# doing it 3-4 days a week. That late evening eating is the worst...

Edited by BowmanMike
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chef said:

Carrot and sweet potato soup

29d897039f795d881f7695326b11b270.jpg

Those are some pretty attractive looking dishes that you have been posting here. I do have one question though......What is quinoa. it looks like a form of rice....but not quite.