Covid has hit my house now

Swamp_bucks

2 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Wife is, I am since I work in an ICU and oldest daughter.  My wifes immune system sucks she gets everything that goes around.   Still very mild symptoms though so hoping it stays that way.

I am lucky if I need any pointers or info I can just call into work and pick one of the nurses or doctors brains on how to help them.

were you guys current with your boosters?

4 hours ago, Zag said:

Son tested positive Christmas eve, only a couple hrs before we had guests coming. Wife and I tested positive Monday, so it was a covid Christmas for us. Not to down play Covid but I’ve been much sicker than this. 

Had the same results after the 4th day it was just like a bad cold and I lost my taste and smell where as my wife and kids didn't loose there's ..but they had symptoms I didn't to like severe headaches and body aches

• Like 1

My wife and seven year old daughter had it over Christmas. Sucks for all involved. Hopefully your family gets well soon.

I also find it pretty crass and tasteless for people to come on a post their bullshit comparisons with the pretense of “ not down playing it” That’s all well and good for you, but that doesn’t make it for everyone. Unfortunately with the work I do I get to see this crap hit people in all levels severity. At one time I thought I had the answer to who gets seriously sick based on preconceived notion’s of their physical condition and their co- morbidities however I been proven incorrect enough times that stoped I speculating.

Again hopefully your family gets well and things get back to normal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trial153 said:

My wife and seven year old daughter had it over Christmas. Sucks for all involved. Hopefully your family gets well soon.

I also find it pretty crass and tasteless for people to come on a post their bullshit comparisons with the pretense of “ not down playing it” That’s all well and good for you, but that doesn’t make it for everyone. Unfortunately with the work I do I get to see this crap hit people in all levels severity. At one time I thought I had the answer to who gets seriously sick based on preconceived notion’s of their physical condition and their co- morbidities however I been proven incorrect enough times that stoped I speculating.

Again hopefully your family gets well and things get back to normal.

Understandable .But have not seen one professional athlete who is in top shape ,pass away yet .

• Like 1

Understandable .But have not seen one professional athlete who is in top shape ,pass away yet .

professional athletes or people in the same shape as professional athletes Represent a minuscule percentage of the population.
Is your wife, mother or father, adult friends all the shape of professional athletes? No? Well let’s all be thankful that your silly example isn’t the bench mark.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

professional athletes or people in the same shape as professional athletes Represent a minuscule percentage of the population.
Is your wife, mother or father, adult friends all the shape of professional athletes? No? Well let’s all be thankful that your silly example isn’t the bench mark.

No ,but I guess I’ve been lucky to not know one person affected by it .But my point was ,as deadly as they made it seem ,was/is it ?

Edited by WNYTRPR

No ,but I guess I’ve been lucky to not know one person affected by it .But my point was ,as deadly as they made it seem ,was/is it ?

I think that if I asked the people I have had to intubate because they couldn’t breath on their own due the virus or secondary infections status post the virus, how they deadly it seemed to them they might have different take on it than you or I.

Or maybe I am part are of the big conspiracy. If so I missed the memo
  • Like 1

Just now, Trial153 said:

I think that if I asked the people I have had to intubate because they couldn’t breath on their own due the virus or secondary infections status post the virus, how they deadly it seemed to them they might have different take on it than you or I.

Or maybe I am part are of the big conspiracy. If so I missed the memo

I never said it wasn’t harmful ,the flu is harmful too.I just don’t see a need to be where we’re at .We should let it run it’s course and try to get back to normal .May be some casualties but it is what it is.

I won't make this a debate. As everyone does have their right to believe and think what they want. I'm not one to say you need to get the vaccine or push my views on people. It should be the persons individual choice.

However I work in an ICU and yes it can be deadly I personally think more people leave with disabilities they didn't once have and I don't believe it is talked about as much as it should be.  I've personally put people in body bags from people in their 30s to 90s.  Ive helped people who walked in never being sick to not being able to walk or move their arms without help. All different back grounds and health conditions.   Data is out there chances of dying is small if you are a relatively healthy person. 

I've only been in this career field 7 months but the one thing I was very unaware of was the disabilities that come along with it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1