WTB .243 auto Remington

3 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

I believe Luberhill is looking at longer shots.  Any reason why you have narrowed it down to .243?  Why a semi?  There are lots more calibers and actions out there that would do the job for less money and perhaps with better ammo availability.

For my wife , she shot my bolt action and likes it.

And I have a stockpile of ammo

12 hours ago, SportsmanNH said:

There is only one on gunbroker.com . Looks like a real nice gun . No bids with 3 days left . If it goes for close to the starting price it would be a great deal . There is no reserve price to meet either . 

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/920137368

I saw that one, she and I both shoot lefty ..

That rear stock would need to be replaced 

31 minutes ago, luberhill said:

For my wife , she shot my bolt action and likes it.

And I have a stockpile of ammo

Glad you have ammo.  To each his/her own, but in 30+ years I have never found a time when I needed a second round faster than I could work a bolt action.  Part of that is my style of hunting.  I'm cheap.  You could save significant money on a bolt, even a wrong handed one. 

18 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Glad you have ammo.  To each his/her own, but in 30+ years I have never found a time when I needed a second round faster than I could work a bolt action.  Part of that is my style of hunting.  I'm cheap.  You could save significant money on a bolt, even a wrong handed one. 

Yea I hear ya .. 

South Paw new 7400 .243 rifle owner here.

Looked around for a long time before I found a decent/non abused 243 for sale on not legs list in Virginia.

I needed another semi auto for coyote hunting to partner with my .243 savage impulse predator.

I couldn't stand carrying around a neutered AR anymore.

The 7400 trigger sucked, so I sent it out to a smith in PA to make it a crisp 2.5 lb pull with no over travel and convert it to a LH safety. 

Added an EGW Pict scope base, extra mag and am contemplating on installing a kydex adj cheek riser, as the XG50 sits a little high in the ADM QD mount.

Don't give up, as there out there and I'm sure more will become available as deer season's end across the states.

I'll also keep an eye out for you, as we south paws need to stick together.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

South Paw new 7400 .243 rifle owner here.

Looked around for a long time before I found a decent/non abused 243 for sale on not legs list in Virginia.

I needed another semi auto for coyote hunting to partner with my .243 savage impulse predator.

I couldn't stand carrying around a neutered AR anymore.

The 7400 trigger sucked, so I sent it out to a smith in PA to make it a crisp 2.5 lb pull with no over travel and convert it to a LH safety. 

Added an EGW Pict scope base, extra mag and am contemplating on installing a kydex adj cheek riser, as the XG50 sits a little high in the ADM QD mount.

Don't give up, as there out there and I'm sure more will become available as deer season's end across the states.

I'll also keep an eye out for you, as we south paws need to stick together.

Thx !!!