The Best Hunting Gear Investment You've Made in the Last 10 Years

Five Seasons

Chest freezer and you link freezer temp monitors!
Grinder and Sausage stuffer and butchering gear!
And yes that’s all hunting gear…the reason for the season!! MAKE MEAT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard outlet protectors are a great investment

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

I’ve been thinking about this and this is what’s come to mind; My Cabela’s 3/4hp Carnivore grinder and my Schnee’s boots.   

The grinder is light years ahead of the first couple machines I had.   It’ll grind up 30 pounds of meat in just a few minutes, happily.   

The boots have been great.  The soles are priceless climbing up and then down a snowy slippery gully or side hill.  Outstanding actually.   The liners are decent and the gave a Woolpower wool insole that helps to insulate.  I wear them from about 35 down to the low teens before I’ll break out the beast of a boot from Baffin I have.   Heck, with all this global warming the Baffin’s get little use.  

image.jpg

3A121FBF-874D-4A49-B626-0F810E4F02AA.jpeg

FBD87046-CC24-426E-A606-BCD542B0C123.jpeg

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

#1 - rangefinder 

#2 - A new lighter bow.  its not a top end brand but i love it.   

#3 - Brush Hog for the 4 wheeler 

#4 - Scentcrusher bag

#5 - Heated vest

sorry its not one ...... glad you kept it to just hunting or it would be 10 easy! 

what make and model brush hog did you go with?

52 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I’ve been thinking about this and this is what’s come to mind; My Cabela’s 3/4hp Carnivore grinder and my Schnee’s boots.   

The grinder is light years ahead of the first couple machines I had.   It’ll grind up 30 pounds of meat in just a few minutes, happily.   

The boots have been great.  The soles are priceless climbing up and then down a snowy slippery gully or side hill.  Outstanding actually.   The liners are decent and the gave a Woolpower wool insole that helps to insulate.  I wear them from about 35 down to the low teens before I’ll break out the beast of a boot from Baffin I have.   Heck, with all this global warming the Baffin’s get little use.  

image.jpg

$ 30 to Amazon for a new # 12 blade and 3/16” screen was a good investment for me this year also.  The old ones, that I had in it the last 20 years, plugged a few times last year but no troubles this year.  Now if only I could get another to pass thru it.

7B3E3FB3-8181-4C2F-820B-85468459AFF1.thumb.jpeg.c447118733584ada12e9ab1309d75844.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

image.jpg

When are you busting that out again?

Getting my 1933 Oberndorf 98 Mauser  to my taste...Drilled, tapped, Leupold scope and rings, Timney trigger, safety conversion and drop floor magazine, synthetic stock...took twenty years, but it is my perfect rifle now. That and my Grohman #1 field knife. I would be slacking not to mention my RCBS electronic powder scale. Cuts my reloading time to  a fraction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

Getting my 1933 Oberndorf 98 Mauser  to my taste...Drilled, tapped, Leupold scope and rings, Timney trigger, safety conversion and drop floor magazine, synthetic stock...took twenty years, but it is my perfect rifle now. That and my Grohman #1 field knife. I would be slacking not to mention my RCBS electronic powder scale. Cuts my reloading time to  a fraction.

Ya gotta hang pics of the gun and knife!!

Probably cost me damn near $1,000 and if it hasn’t yet it will when I build the stairs for next season but I’ve sat in it on so many crappy days during the gun season that I normally might not have even hunted. It also helps keep my daughter out there with me as well. Kinda sucks next year we have to be on the ground for her instead of being in the comfort of the blind that she helped me build.

c4a31827a4d8354fc60002ed9ef3ff56.jpg
24b2f89b635d08e0b59022f81255fd96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I would have to say finally diggin deeper and investing in quality hunting clothing. I have a mix of brands so I won't pan for one or another. The higher quality stuff really lets me enjoy being out more and being comfortable.

That and my TC Triumph muzzleloader I love shooting deer with that gun, when I can pry it away from my son!