The Best Hunting Gear Investment You've Made in the Last 10 Years

Five Seasons

On 12/30/2021 at 6:08 PM, genesee_mohican said:

Quality hunting clothing that allows me to sit in a tree stand from sun up till sundown and stay comfortable. Danner boots to keep my feet warm and dry on the 2 mile walk in and back out. A heater body suit that really keeps me warm, good rain gear and merino wool base layers just to name a few.

I agree.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, ridgerunner88 said:

Updated: Best investment, letting my wife buy whatever she wants on Amazon the month before hunting season.... equals unlimited hunting passes 8)

I hear ya. I'll be apple and pumpkin picking in september/october on the days I don't hunt or watch Chiefs

• Like 1

Safety ropes with prussic attachments.  I always used harnesses but once the rope is attached to the tree for the season, I feel pretty safe.  At 68 I'm just not that athletic anymore.  About five years ago I stepped into a hang on stand that was secured with a chain.  The chain was weakened by tree growth and it broke when I stepped on the stand.  Luckily I was able to bear hug the tree and get back on my ladder.  No damage other than some scrapes.  I'm not sure I am strong enough to do that today.  All ladder stands for me now.

• Thanks 1