Anyone Interested In A Capital District GTG?

grampy

If there is enough interest, would like to have a GTG for anyone who would like to attend. Could do it this month? Can work out the date. It would be at 'Maple On The Lake' (Google it) in East Berne. It is a little off the beaten path yes. But plenty of room to spread out, perhaps even have our own space downstairs? The food is very good, and priced reasonable. Good beer selection if you care to partake. The view of the lake and surrounding hills is beautiful. Be so good to see some of you guys again, and finally get to meet a bunch I haven't yet! Covid be damned! But we will follow the guidelines of the restaurant and respectfully keep safe! If there is enough interest, biggamefish and myself will set it up. Respond here if interested! Let's make it happen! Don't think we ever did this in the Capital region yet. WNY, SENY, and anyone interested, are all welcome!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sbuff said:

That's the old zwiggerbauers right ? I'm pretty slammed with work and kids sports but I could try make it once a day is nailed down .

Yes, that's the place!

I'm thinking about a Saturday afternoon? Arrive, and wrap up during daylight, so driving on unfamiliar roads wouldn't be so bad? The date is workable for the majority. We are up to about 10 people that could possibly be there! Awesome!

• Like 1

I’d make the couple hour drive from Syracuse depending on the day. Could head up to Albany area and see my son at Siena afterwards. I’ll have to keep my eyes on this thread!!

Siena alum here!! Brought my daughter by this summer for a visit but it’s not for her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d make the couple hour drive from Syracuse depending on the day. Could head up to Albany area and see my son at Siena afterwards. I’ll have to keep my eyes on this thread!!

Siena alum here!! Brought my daughter by this summer for a visit but it’s not for her!

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

My son absolutely loves it there.  Doesn’t want to come home for breaks, etc.  Would stay there year round if we let him. Lol. And making deans list each semester so we can’t complain 

• Like 1

Just now, crappyice said:

Any ice on that lake?!? A Grampy guided ice fishing GTG for a SE boy living in the Tropics if NYC suburbs could push me over the top and make me make the trip!

Would love to! But we have open water on the local lakes at this time.

My son absolutely loves it there.  Doesn’t want to come home for breaks, etc.  Would stay there year round if we let him. Lol. And making deans list each semester so we can’t complain 

I did not stay overly connected up there but do have a few buddy’s who did…shoot me a PM if there’s ever anything he needs. Not sure I can be too helpful but never know.

Just now, crappyice said:

I did not stay overly connected up there but do have a few buddy’s who did…shoot me a PM if there’s ever anything he needs. Not sure I can be too helpful but never know.

Thank you. I appreciate it!!

You Siena guys want to see some big deer, take a ride down spring street and look on south side of rd. We use to hunt behind there before all the mansions were built . My grandfather was a professor there and we owned the gas station just south of it .

• Like 2