The first bear!

1 minute ago, suburbanfarmer said:

I can barely see it.. ;) 

Sorry! it was 2 am on the 29th, snowing, and I have what I think are probably cheap cameras. It was the first time I ever even opened the package of, I think 3 of them, and put them out. I used trail cameras when they first came out years ago, but not for many years.  

I'll see if I can enhance the picture tomorrow to make it easier for you to see. My wife said the same thing when I showed her the post. I on the other hand saw the bear immediately when I put the card in my computer. Maybe  because I hunted the many times in the 90's in Canada and acquired a keen eye watching out for them, fearful I was going to get mauled and/or eaten. lol 

4 minutes ago, New York Hillbilly said:

Sorry! it was 2 am on the 29th, snowing, and I have what I think are probably cheap cameras. It was the first time I ever even opened the package of, I think 3 of them, and put them out. I used trail cameras when they first came out years ago, but not for many years.  

I'll see if I can enhance the picture tomorrow to make it easier for you to see. My wife said the same thing when I showed her the post. I on the other hand saw the bear immediately when I put the card in my computer. Maybe  because I hunted the many times in the 90's in Canada and acquired a keen eye watching out for them, fearful I was going to get mauled and/or eaten. lol 

Oh i can see it, it was my sad try of being funny

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daveboone said:

I am surprised he is still out. Whereabouts is the pic taken? 

Granted, it has been exceptionally warm lately, and they do get out and move around in such conditions. I hope you had a nice big snack for him, as he decided to show for you.

It totally blew my mind when I saw him on the picture. I'm in Sangerfield. He walked past a trail camera I put up about 50 yards from one of my stands not only to get deer pics but to keep some sort of eye on my tractor that is parked up there. I cropped the pic so it would not take up so much space when I posted it, but in the original picture you can actually see the back lights on the tractor shining from the flash of the camera. The bear was about twenty yards from my tractor and walking straight towards it. 

Edited by New York Hillbilly
spelling

That's awesome. Always hoping one day to get a pic of a bear on cam. 

Where I used to hunt in 6S heard they had a bear around this summer. 

And have seen others pics of bears nearby here. So it might happen one day. Gonna have to have my cams up all year.

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1