The Hypocrisy Continues

Well said - a time out for posting lewd and perverted stuff? Chef ? I wasn’t aware of that . Was it under the political section?

Nor was it lewd or perverted it was a few rated r memes in the chuckle and we see all adults

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Did you do anything to try and stop this from happening?   

Well, for one thing, he's trying to inform those on this site it is happening and garnish some support from them.  But what he has said about NYC seems to apply here as well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Well, for one thing, he's trying to inform those on this site it is happening and garnish some support from them.  But what he has said about NYC seems to apply here as well.

Or maybe email/call your elected officials and inform them of your stance.  

20 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Or maybe email/call your elected officials and inform them of your stance.  

Since he's not a resident of NYC, what would that accomplish?  I'm sure he, like many of us against this idiocy, have already made our positions on this issue clear to all of our pertinent elected officials, from the local level to the Witless House, but it continues to go on.  Why?  Not enough people in the land against it.

Edited by Grouse

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Since he's not a resident of NYC, what would that accomplish?  I'm sure he, like many of us against this idiocy, have already made our positions on this issue clear to all of our pertinent elected officials, from the local level to the Witless House, but it continues to go on.  Why?  Not enough people in the land against it.

Maybe one or two members live in nyc that i know of.  And since if you don’t live in nyc you cant do anything.   Who is his target audience?

6 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Maybe one or two members live in nyc that i know of.  And since if you don’t live in nyc you cant do anything.   Who is his target audience?

Every red blooded American who isn't against stopping this attack on US history.

History happened.  You don't try to eliminate it.  It is there for all to learn from.  Destroying it is an attempt to change the truth, by forces that wish to control the public's mindset.  It's what every Communist regime around the world has always done when it was seeking to come to power.  It's evil.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Every red blooded American who isn't against stopping this attack on US history.

History happened.  You don't try to eliminate it.  It is there for all to learn from.  Destroying it is an attempt to change the truth, by forces that wish to control the public's mindset.  It's what every Communist regime around the world has always done when it was seeking to come to power.  It's evil.

So when they were in the attack for tearing down Columbus Statues in nyc, I emailed as many politicians that I could to express my concern.   Ive also contacted politicians about other issues I’ve had.  Regardless if the issue was in my area or not.  Sitting on a keyboard and complaining is useless.  Just as useless as the people who barked about islamberg and did absolutely nothing about it. Pathetic and sad. 

6 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

So when they were in the attack for tearing down Columbus Statues in nyc, I emailed as many politicians that I could to express my concern.   Ive also contacted politicians about other issues I’ve had.  Regardless if the issue was in my area or not.  Sitting on a keyboard and complaining is useless.  Just as useless as the people who barked about islamberg and did absolutely nothing about it. Pathetic and sad. 

Your judgemental attitude isn't justified.  Everything and anything done to draw attention to evil is always justified.  Accosting those who choose to do it is pathetic and sad IMHO, as it seeks to silence people who wish to be heard.

Why would you bring up Islamberg years later?  Are you looking to continue to beat a decomposed corpse of a horse.  I don't agree they accomplished nothing with that issue, as it did shine a light on it.  They did the right thing when they were threatened with jail if they protested.  But that is not the issue here, so I won't debate that with you.

The issue here is being heard and people who want to prevent it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Your judgemental attitude isn't justified.  Everything and anything done to draw attention to evil is always justified.  Accosting those who choose to do it is pathetic and sad IMHO, as it seeks to silence people who wish to be heard.

Why would you bring up Islamberg years later?  Are you looking to continue to beat a decomposed corpse of a horse.  I don't agree they accomplished nothing with that issue, as it did shine a light on it.  They did the right thing when they were threatened with jail if they protested.  But that is not the issue here, so I won't debate that with you.

The issue here is being heard and people who want to prevent it.

I think we are getting off topic.  My original question was to shoots but you seemed inclined to speak on his behalf.  He gave me his honest answer that he did nothing, and we moved on  

You have a point about bringing attention to things.  But what is the point if you arent doing anything.  The notion that “i cant pee to put out a house fire” is a bad one.  One person can make a difference.  

I brought up the failed ride on islamberg because people talked about it and did nothing.  It’s very weak and sad.  

• Haha 1

No, people brought it to the public's attention, a light was shined on it and many things changed there, so you cannot say they did nothing.  If they had done something, would you have supported it?  If so, why didn't you do something about it?  Or were you looking for them to protest like they did on 1/6/2021 so you could shame them? 

But you are right that isn't the debate here.

One person CAN make a difference, but the cases where they did, compared to the millions of cases where they didn't and maybe even paid dearly for trying, are many.  People risk a lot when they stand up to the government, especially when they go it alone.

However, the fact still remains, people should be encouraged to be heard.  To choose to belittle and shame them for it, tantamount to taking the side of the one's against them, is worse than them doing nothing about it.

I, on the other hand, I will stand up with people who are standing up against injustice without being asked to, or told it's none of my business.  That's what grassroots support is all about.  I stand with Shoots 100 on this issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

I think we are getting off topic.  My original question was to shoots but you seemed inclined to speak on his behalf.  He gave me his honest answer that he did nothing, and we moved on  

You have a point about bringing attention to things.  But what is the point if you arent doing anything.  The notion that “i cant pee to put out a house fire” is a bad one.  One person can make a difference.  

I brought up the failed ride on islamberg because people talked about it and did nothing.  It’s very weak and sad.  

I did something, I informed my friends that live in the city and had my wife post some notifications on some of the interweb platforms, which was just as good as doing nothing in the rotten apple.

I also informed some clients in the city too.

Just like pissing on a house fire, it did nothing, but empty the bladder.

It's almost as bad as pissing in the wind.

One person can make a difference, but usually that one person has a very large bank account that gets the attention and the ability to make other people listen.

I don't have a large bank account, but I do have a computer.

Maybe you can start another topic with contact numbers and e mail's of our elected officials in NYC or NYS, so other members here can send their elected officials some correspondence ?

One person can make a difference, so get on it and use that computer for some good, instead of berating members here.

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

I did something, I informed my friends that live in the city and had my wife post some notifications on some of the interweb platforms, which was just as good as doing nothing in the rotten apple.

I also informed some clients in the city too.

Just like pissing on a house fire, it did nothing, but empty the bladder.

It's almost as bad as pissing in the wind.

One person can make a difference, but usually that one person has a very large bank account that gets the attention and the ability to make other people listen.

I don't have a large bank account, but I do have a computer.

Maybe you can start another topic with contact numbers and e mail's of our elected officials in NYC or NYS, so other members here can send their elected officials some correspondence ?

One person can make a difference, so get on it and use that computer for some good, instead of berating members here.

You did all of what you claim, but posted it here after the statue was removed. It would have been better to do it before.  

Im sorry you feel I berated you, by my rights don’t end when your feelings start.  And I won’t be making a list for your social justice causes.  Often the rabid left ask others to do their work for them.  So very sad. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Grouse said:

Removing a statue doesn't eliminate history. 

1 hour ago, Just Lucky said:

It was moved where it will be appreciated, not destroyed. 

It should've been appreciated where it was appreciated for years.  Removing it is an attempt to put Roosevelt "out of sight, out of mind" and at taxpayer expense I might add.  It's a terrible insult to the man and his family, all he did for the country and for history in general.  What we are seeing is hatred for America beginning to gain popularity among people who are gullible enough to believe it should be hated.  How can anyone believe this will make the country a better place?

Obama promised to "transform" America.  Nobody ever questioned what would be transformed.  Democrats are moving forward with that plan.  We are now seeing what was intended.  Do you like what you see being transformed?  I certainly don't.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

It should've been appreciated where it was appreciated for years.  Removing it is an attempt to put Roosevelt "out of sight, out of mind" and at taxpayer expense I might add.  It's a terrible insult to the man and his family, all he did for the country and for history in general.  What we are seeing is hatred for America beginning to gain popularity among people who are gullible enough to believe it should be hated.  How can anyone believe this will make the country a better place?

Obama promised to "transform" America.  Nobody ever questioned what would be transformed.  Democrats are moving forward with that plan.  We are now seeing what was intended.  Do you like what you see being transformed?  I certainly don't.

I have never seen the statue and still know who Teddy is. Tax payers pay for maintance of the statues regardless of where it is. 

Maybe you could start a fund raiser in your community to erect a statue in the center of town tou live in to honor him.

1 minute ago, Just Lucky said:

I don't agree with that either. Not a very honorable person.

But he has now become part of American history, so it should make sense.

Should we also then erect a statue of other dishonorable people like you described? Ted Bundy? Adolf Hitler?

Theyre both a part of American history as well- would it also make sense?

1 hour ago, Just Lucky said:

I don't agree with that either. Not a very honorable person.

But he has now become part of American history, so it should make sense.

Let's not forget this statue was in front on the American Museum of Natural History and Teddy is still considered the premier Conservationist in all of American history.  If he's not appreciated there, we have a big problem here.