Masks Next Deer Season???

Steve D

Covid is rampant among deer, research shows       Humans have infected wild deer with Covid-19 in a handful of U.S. states and there’s evidence the virus has been spreading between deer, according to recent studies, which outline findings that could complicate the path out of the pandemic. 

Covid is rampant among deer, research shows (nbcnews.com)

11 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Covid is rampant among deer, research shows       Humans have infected wild deer with Covid-19 in a handful of U.S. states and there’s evidence the virus has been spreading between deer, according to recent studies, which outline findings that could complicate the path out of the pandemic. 

6 cases of human to deer cases?  Yet none shown?  Swabbed 6 deer?  So those deer were alive and interacted with humans?       Sounds like the beginnings of another scientific money grab like they have used the harmless CWD for the last 50 years.         Democrats!!

• Like 1

This looks like the bottom line:

The American Rescue Plan Act provided $6 million for researchers to study the coronavirus in white-tailed deer. DeLiberto said researchers are searching for the virus among deer in 30 states.

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

I don't know about all the science of it. But if that many deer out in the wild have covid , have to wonder what the bunny  huggers are doing with the deer population.

Same thing as with sheep,you gotta wear rubber boots and put the critter of interests hind feet into your boots...

No first hand experience with this,but heard of it,haha.

19 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Same thing as with sheep,you gotta wear rubber boots and put the critter of interests hind feet into your boots...

That is what you told me when I caught you in my goat pasture.  I'm a little concerned now that you are treating sheep the same way. No wonder a doe won't walk in front of you.;)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Larry said:

Hey four season CWD is not harmless it is always fatal. It is non-recoverable to the deer that contract it.

Yeah harmless when it takes years for a deer to succumb to CWD. 99.9% will die of other issues before the disease takes them out. There are test herds behind fence that have deer 3 years positive and still living the good life. Now ad in the fact that not all deer in a herd will ever contract cwd even being exposed makes cwd harmless in the big picture. Such has been proven for the last 60 years. Sucks that it’s a thing but it’s sure way down on the list of hazards a deer is going to die from in its short life. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 6:08 PM, Four Seasons said:

6 cases of human to deer cases?  Yet none shown?  Swabbed 6 deer?  So those deer were alive and interacted with humans?       Sounds like the beginnings of another scientific money grab like they have used the harmless CWD for the last 50 years.         Democrats!!

18 hours ago, Larry said:

Hey four season CWD is not harmless it is always fatal. It is non-recoverable to the deer that contract it.

2 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Yeah harmless when it takes years for a deer to succumb to CWD. 99.9% will die of other issues before the disease takes them out. There are test herds behind fence that have deer 3 years positive and still living the good life. Now ad in the fact that not all deer in a herd will ever contract cwd even being exposed makes cwd harmless in the big picture. Such has been proven for the last 60 years. Sucks that it’s a thing but it’s sure way down on the list of hazards a deer is going to die from in its short life. 

All of the above is true.  The concern with CWD is that it is a prion disease, like Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) which affects humans.  The official position on CWD transmission to humans is that there have been no known cases.  That does not mean it is not possible. 

On 1/2/2022 at 5:53 PM, Steve D said:

I am confident Biden, Hochul, and Fauci are putting together a comprehensive mandatory mask, mandatory vaccination, and mandatory testing plan for our white tailed deer.  I am sure there will be an announcement shortly banning them from yarding this winter in order to minimize social gathering transmission.  Perhaps even the 2022 rut will be banned to prevent a surge.  All the lessons learned on us humans will be leveraged to the benefit of the deer.  The challenge will be for NYS DEC to put regulations in place for 2022 season to ensure that we easily identify and only harvest vaccinated, negative testing, masked wearing deer.  This will be like antler restrictions, the deer must have a K or N95 mask or double of others, a real not fake vaccination card, and an FDA authorized test.  It will be an interesting social study to see if the deer are more cooperative than the humans.

Edited by DoubleDose
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

I am confident Biden, Hochul, and Fauci are putting together a comprehensive mandatory mask, mandatory vaccination, and mandatory testing plan for our white tailed deer.  I am sure there will be an announcement shortly banning them from yarding this winter in order to minimize social gathering transmission.  Perhaps even the 2022 rut will be banned to prevent a surge.  All the lessons learned on us humans will be leveraged to the benefit of the deer.  The challenge will be for NYS DEC to put regulations in place for 2022 season to ensure that we easily identify and only harvest vaccinated, negative testing, masked wearing deer.  This will be like antler restrictions, the deer must have a K or N95 mask or double of others, a real not fake vaccination card, and an FDA authorized test.  It will be an interesting social study to see if the deer are more cooperative than the humans.

ZOOM RUT!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

All of the above is true.  The concern with CWD is that it is a prion disease, like Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) which affects humans.  The official position on CWD transmission to humans is that there have been no known cases.  That does not mean it is not possible. 

True, is what they say. The last 60 years and trillions of dollars later shows it’s pretty harmless. As we are seeing with this crap of deer and Covid. Please tell me what drives someone to even do that research?   We now look for problems that are not problems in this society.