Port Jervis

Paula

I'm about 5 miles from there. They are rebuilding the rock retaining wall right now so it's hard to find a pull of on the weekends plus the traffic is bad on the week ends. They have alot of camp grounds and they do alot of canoe and rafting on the river. The fishing is good with the shad run just starting up!!

That's Hawk's Nest, high above the river north of Port Jervis. It's actually in Sparrowbush, NY. Follow that highway north from there and you will have a nice ride up the river with some beautiful scenery.

If you stand in that spot in the picture looking across the river and left towards the RR bridge that's downstream, the houses on the Pennsylvania side are owned by relatives on my mother's side. Aunts, Uncles and cousins that I visit quite often. That's Milrift, PA. Population only about 100.

But do it on a nice day,that spot in the picture can bee pretty scary in bad weather.

Ok thanks

beautiful country over that way, love the river and that windy road! Gotta love NY state for it beauty.

I was surprised at a view like that in ny

I found this picture and would like to get my own. Anything else to see?

Here are my pics :) Our place is in Cochecton, which is only a short 30 min ride or so to there. I love driving up that road... What to do? Not much, perhaps fish on the delaware river? There are a ton of DEC places to fish along there. Other then that not to sure what is around there, I only have been into Narrowsburg for some food and the old Whistlestop Diner for breakfast.

5005552649_ea27552f3f_z.jpg

5006165070_32b2682045_z.jpg

5006165362_3f6a093276_z.jpg

• Like 1

To get to the other side of the river you have to cross the Rt 209 bridge out of Port Jervis into Matamoras, Pa. Turn right on the first road on the other side of the bridge and you have a beautiful 5 mile ride up the river to Millrift, PA.

It's a real nice scenic ride on a small 25 mph 2 lane road.

You can even keep going after that. The road goes over the PA mountain heading south and winds up back on Rt 209 south of Matamoras. Turning left there will take you back to the Port Jervis bridge. It's a big circle about 25 miles long with some real nice views.

Mostly Smallmouth Bass, Rock Bass, Panfish, Pickeral, some Trout and an occassional Pike. You will also find Eels if you want them.

This time of year they are fishing for Shad too, as they are running up the river now.

Edited by Grouse

I got a good chuckle while fishing on a big pool near Sparrowbush by the old canal. A guy was rowing up stream with his poles in the water in a small boat. Near the middle of the pool was a family of beaver having a good time which he did not see. When the guy got close, one did a tail slap, and the poor guy nearly lost it from hearing that unexpected big crack on the water from behind him. I hollered 'Beaver', so he didn't think something was trying to eat him.