I have Covid!

First-light

I work at a school, we were averaging 30 positives a week out of 7 buildings. Since Thanksgiving the numbers have crept up. Right now there might be 150 cases. I have been very lucky because the students are no longer told to pull up the mask

Edited by Paula

26 minutes ago, knehrke said:

And while I hope that omicron provides natural immunity for those who contract it, there is no guarantee how broad or persistent it may be. Nobody in the world can predict with certainty how this will shake out in a year or two. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst I guess.

So far I am the only person that’s been in this house in the last week that hasn’t tested positive. I’m also the only one that already had Covid before this. Most of the people that tested positive are vaxed. I am not. It will be interesting if I don’t get it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, First-light said:

Tested positive today after two days of sore throat and congestion. I have two shots and the booster. Feeling a bit tired hope it's mild. I did work out this morning but I knew something was up. I'll be watching deer hunting videos for a while! Just have to be careful of my brother who lives with me. He is unvaccinated. 

If your brother is unvaccinated... he'll probably fair better than you!  Unless he has underlying conditions... 

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

Good luck, it's amazing to me the amount of people that have gotten Covid the last month or two. Way more than i have heard about the last two years...

That's because it's the Omicron variant... WAY more contagious... but luckily way milder... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Usp verified?

yes, I only buy USP verified vitamins. Studies shown that what's in vitamins doesn't always match the label. So you can be taking way more or way less than you think of certain vitamin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

yes, I only buy USP verified vitamins. Studies shown that what's in vitamins doesn't always match the label. So you can be taking way more or way less than you think of certain vitamin

I use USP Melatonin to help get a good night's sleep , may have to pickup some Vitamin C & D (and the wife and I are fully Vaxed and boosted )

Edited by GreeneHunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Unsure or never heard of usp I'll have to check label. Thanks 

• Like 1

Good luck, it's amazing to me the amount of people that have gotten Covid the last month or two. Way more than i have heard about the last two years...

I know 12-14 people in just the last week. All vaxxed (as am I). I seriously would like to catch this right now when I have nothing planned that would be ruined and have it over with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I know 12-14 people in just the last week. All vaxxed (as am I). I seriously would like to catch this right now when I have nothing planned that would be ruined and have it over with

This is gonna sound horrible, but I am trying to avoid it this week and next. I'm vax'd w/booster two Fridays ago. Normally I am pretty slack on safety protocols personally. That said, I have five freaking club level seats for the home Bills playoff game (should they have it at home)....I'm acting like a human in a zombie movie trying to avoid the virus.

People are getting it left and right around here.

Edited by phade
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Problem is it isn't like chicken pox. I know several people that have had it twice. 

If it was one and done I'd prob lick the floor at Walmart and get it over!  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, phade said:

This is gonna sound horrible, but I am trying to avoid it this week and next. I'm vax'd w/booster two Fridays ago. Normally I am pretty slack on safety protocols personally. That said, I have five freaking club level seats for the home Bills playoff game (should they have it at home)....I'm acting like a human in a zombie movie trying to avoid the virus.

They will be home vs. Pats, so you'll get to enjoy a stress-free easy victory while I suffer watching a Chiefs/Chargers nailbiter.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

No shame in that, lay low!

23 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

How can this be? SLO Joe said Covid is a disease of the unvaccinated. Must be a mistake.

President Biden (and many others) rightfully called Covid a pandemic of the unvaccinated, referring to the fact that the vast majority of hospitalizations (severely ill) and deaths occurred in the unvaccinated. Not a difficult idea, you should be able to follow along. This concept still holds, even as the virus continues to evolve. 

2 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

President Biden (and many others) rightfully called Covid a pandemic of the unvaccinated, referring to the fact that the vast majority of hospitalizations (severely ill) and deaths occurred in the unvaccinated. Not a difficult idea, you should be able to follow along. This concept still holds, even as the virus continues to evolve. 

Also,much of the preliminary info on the omicronvariant shows it being no more or even less deadly than the normal flue. 

The death rate is not following  the infection rate as was happening before.