I have Covid!

First-light

36 minutes ago, knehrke said:

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics lol.

You know that red-headed folks get sunburned more easily, too? Obviously the sun is a man-made construct designed to inflict damage on gingers.

Just kidding! But you get it - susceptibility occurs due to natural variation, and you give us gene jockeys more credit than we deserve thinking that we could hijack a virus that differentially impact folks selectively. We can only wish we knew the factors that regulate disease severity. That's the golden ticket of individualized medicine. 

Don't ask, don't tell. Especially on truly divisive issues like Xbows, AR, and euronymphing...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, First-light.

We had dinner last night at Embers in Livonia (highly recommended), and the place was dead; maybe COVID-related, maybe not, but the number of daily cases has become staggering. Good thing omicron causes mainly mild disease, because it seems like everyone is catching it now. 

Yes but run variants in a lab and find ones that have the effect you want .  Isn't that what research is?   Regardless the effects of this are greatest on southern European ( Mediterranean) and African decent.   Omnicron is very mild it seems  almost back to base of common cold. Though more easily caught now if everyone were just exposed to it we could do away with these mandates and get back  to normal life

Omnicron is very mild it seems  almost back to base of common cold. Though more easily caught now if everyone were just exposed to it we could do away with these mandates and get back  to normal life

Im cautiously optimistic that our supreme leaders seem to also feel that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Omnicron is very mild it seems  almost back to base of common cold. Though more easily caught now if everyone were just exposed to it we could do away with these mandates and get back  to normal life

Are you crazy? If Biden catches Omicron he's dead. He's not built like Chris Christie

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The new trend will be to give every new sickness that comes along a fancy name . Way too many people fell for it .

You all need to watch the last Episode of "Ancient Aliens" S14 E9 "The Alien Infection" it will blow your mind. 

https://www.history.com/shows/ancient-aliens/season-14/episode-9

As for my case I caught this Monday morning after seeing a strange glow in my backyard, weird right! lol

Really watch this episode it's pretty amazing.

Feel the same as yesterday so far but it will be fun watching my brother shovel the snow!

Tested again today. I'm still positive my brother negative. I just don't know how he is not getting covid. I feel pretty good today and did a lot around the house. I really hope by Monday i'm negative. 

Don’t bother to keep testing. You will get a positive for up to 90 days after having it…or so I was told by my employer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Don’t bother to keep testing. You will get a positive for up to 90 days after having it…or so I was told by my employer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could happen. Daughter tested negative a week later and wife tested negative 2 weeks. Co worker tested positive for 2 months 

1 hour ago, First-light said:

Tested again today. I'm still positive my brother negative. I just don't know how he is not getting covid. I feel pretty good today and did a lot around the house. I really hope by Monday i'm negative. 

More importantly, you got it and came out of it just fine like the other 99% of people. 

• Like 4

It seems like current guidance is that if you think you might have it, you probably do. Since we're all smart enough to stay at home so long as we're symptomatic, the doctors and/or state don't need to be involved unless you hit a snag, such as trouble breathing. This means that the actual number of infections is likely to be much higher than is being reported, but honestly what does it matter if it's limited to mild disease? The biggest issue IMHO right now is the staffing shortages at local hospitals due to employees coming down with some crud, be it COVID, or flu, or RSV. 

I'm truly hoping that this round exemplifies for some of the doubters that nobody's making stuff up - folks are working hard to get us out from under the umbrella of COVID, and when the situation improves, the numbers will reflect it. I just feel bad for all the health care workers who lost their jobs to the mandate, when it likely wasn't called for or necessary, and is contributing to the current shortages. Just my 2 cents.

Rob - feel better. If you're going to get it, now seems like a great time since we're between seasons. I've been licking doorknobs, but thus far can't catch a break lol...

Edited by knehrke
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I'm probably on this list too.  Prob got the bad gambu! Can't find a damn test anywhere til mid week. Or an at home test. Thinking if I go to a spot on Monday in a foot of snow I stand a good chance of getting in. 

Have had a fever or borderline all weekend. Slight sore throat.  

IMG_20220109_075433085.jpg

Tylenol, Vitamin C + D3, if you can find them, bed rest.

Hope you and all of the others suffering from the latest variant feel better.

• Thanks 1

I'm probably on this list too.  Prob got the bad gambu! Can't find a damn test anywhere til mid week. Or an at home test. Thinking if I go to a spot on Monday in a foot of snow I stand a good chance of getting in. 
Have had a fever or borderline all weekend. Slight sore throat.  
IMG_20220109_075433085.thumb.jpg.f6ade1a7e60f14ffc906671b33d614bc.jpg

Check wegmans? Ours have them. Good luck!

Don't know if I had/have a cold or some covid but I had a scratchy throat, congestion at night, minor cough and then Thursday mid morning I got a bad headache and nausea. I went to bed at noon and slept for 3 hours. When I woke I up I felt much better. I'm still dealing with the night time congestion and scratchy throat. If it is covid I can't really tell the difference from a cold.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Check wegmans? Ours have them. Good luck!

Thanks. I wish we had a Wegmans nearby. 

I've called everyplace that I can think of and no one has any til at least wed. And that's the ones I could thru on the phone to.  

I'm still looking . Maybe better chance of finding one Monday. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

27 minutes ago, E J said:

Don't know if I had/have a cold or some covid but I had a scratchy throat, congestion at night, minor cough and then Thursday mid morning I got a bad headache and nausea. I went to bed at noon and slept for 3 hours. When I woke I up I felt much better. I'm still dealing with the night time congestion and scratchy throat. If it is covid I can't really tell the difference from a cold.

That pretty much seems like the symptoms most are having. 

1 hour ago, knehrke said:

It seems like current guidance is that if you think you might have it, you probably do. Since we're all smart enough to stay at home so long as we're symptomatic, the doctors and/or state don't need to be involved unless you hit a snag, such as trouble breathing. This means that the actual number of infections is likely to be much higher than is being reported, but honestly what does it matter if it's limited to mild disease? The biggest issue IMHO right now is the staffing shortages at local hospitals due to employees coming down with some crud, be it COVID, or flu, or RSV. 

I'm truly hoping that this round exemplifies for some of the doubters that nobody's making stuff up - folks are working hard to get us out from under the umbrella of COVID, and when the situation improves, the numbers will reflect it. I just feel bad for all the health care workers who lost their jobs to the mandate, when it likely wasn't called for or necessary, and is contributing to the current shortages. Just my 2 cents.

Rob - feel better. If you're going to get it, now seems like a great time since we're between seasons. I've been licking doorknobs, but thus far can't catch a break lol...

Thanks.

Kinda the way it is here.  Onondaga broke their record yesterday for cases with 2400 and I'm sure its higher if more testing was avail.  Oneida county also 6-700 a day now. 

They had a free home test handout yesterday in Oneida co in three places and they were out in 2 hours. 

Many are just riding out the symptoms for the 5 days. By the time I get a test I should be over it. 

Called Dr office the whole time they were open and never got thru, went onto Madison and Oneida co websites and went thru all the links and the earliest test was a PCR on wed or a rapid on Thursday so I took that one.  

In the meantime will try to find an at home test on Monday again and maybe get into a place in Camden that is supposed to get 24" of snow that is 15 minutes from me . 

If it was like chicken pox I would lick the floor at Walmart and get it over with. But I know several people that have gotten it twice now.  

Right now I just have a lower fever, tired, light headache and light sore throat so assuming I have it. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

1 hour ago, Shoots100 said:

Tylenol, Vitamin C + D3, if you can find them, bed rest.

Hope you and all of the others suffering from the latest variant feel better.

Thanks.

Drinking a cocktail of Gatorade and emergen C packs.  Not too worried about getting really sick. But def will do what I can to not.  

5 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Kinda the way it is here.  Onondaga broke their record yesterday for cases with 2400 and I'm sure its higher if more testing was avail.  Oneida county so 6-700 a day now. 

They had a free home test handout yesterday in Oneida co in three places and they were out in 2 hours. 

Many are just riding out the symptoms for the 5 days. By the time I get a test I should be over it. 

Called Dr office the whole time they were open and never got thru, went onto Madison and Oneida co websites and went thru all the links and the earliest test was a PCR on wed or a rapid on Thursday so I took that one.  

In the meantime will try to find an at home test on Monday again and maybe get into a place in Camden that is supposed to get 24" of snow that is 15 minutes from me . 

If it was like chicken pox I would lick the floor and Walmart and get it over with. But I know several people that have gotten it twice now.  

Right now I just have a lower fever, tired, light headache and light sore throat so assuming I have it. 

Rob, If any family and friends are out and about and go into smaller stores have them check for tests. My brother was out a week ago and went into a 7-11 and they had a whole bunch. Feel better. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Can't find a damn test anywhere til mid week

Pitty you’re a distance away, we have a bunch , that we don’t really use at this time  . I thought it prudent to grab some awhile back , did use one prior to the retires Christmas party as we had an “ exposure “ a few days before .

I also have a few dozen N95s, we don’t use , well except for sanding and spray painting . I avoid KN 95 as most are counterfeit, although I did grab 20 way back in the beginning . 

Best of luck . 

• Thanks 1