Covid round two!

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That's not true. Check the website, and I know of several doctors working with covid on 0 days quarantine because of shortages.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/mitigating-staff-shortages.html "crisis"

From your link:

Allowing HCP with SARS-CoV-2 infection who are well enough and willing to work to return to work as follows:

HCP with mild to moderate illness who are not moderately to severely immunocompromised:

• At least 5 days have passed since symptoms first appeared (day 0), and
  • At least 24 hours have passed since last feverwithout the use of fever-reducing medications, and
  • Symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) have improved.

2 minutes ago, virgil said:

From your link:

Allowing HCP with SARS-CoV-2 infection who are well enough and willing to work to return to work as follows:

HCP with mild to moderate illness who are not moderately to severely immunocompromised:

• At least 24 hours have passed since last feverwithout the use of fever-reducing medications, and

Does this mean 0 days for asymptomatic?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

No.  As far as i'm aware, positive is positive and the clock starts on Day 0.  There are, however, 'crisis' guidelines that allow HCP to work before Day 5- requires a declared staffing crisis and only under strict guidelines as to avoid patients with immunocompromised conditions, etc.

1 hour ago, virgil said:

From your link:

1 hour ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

check "crisis".....there are many doctors and nurses working with covid (0 days off) with "mild" symtpoms

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

check "crisis".....there are many doctors and nurses working with covid (0 days off) with "mild" symtpoms

Again, from your link:

HCP who are not symptomatic:

• Results are negative from at least two consecutive respiratory specimens collected ≥24 hours apart (total of two negative specimens) tested using an antigen test or NAAT.

8 minutes ago, virgil said:

Again, from your link:

HCP who are not symptomatic:

• Results are negative from at least two consecutive respiratory specimens collected ≥24 hours apart (total of two negative specimens) tested using an antigen test or NAAT.

idk what to tell you. I doubt the doctors i know working as covid positives are lying to me. My link says "NO WORK RESTRICTIONS" and that's what is being done. Don't shoot the messenger

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

52 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

idk what to tell you. I doubt the doctors i know working as covid positives are lying to me. My link says "NO WORK RESTRICTIONS" and that's what is being done. Don't shoot the messenger

This is typical of your arguments.  You say something that’s absurd and largely baseless. When you’re pressed on it, you hide behind weird anecdotal bits of nonsense. If you don’t know wtf you’re talking about, it’s ok to hold back and not lead with your typically absurd (and of course highly informed since you know a doctor and a pharmacist) assertions. 
This is the same thing that happened when you wanted to insist that breakthrough infection means something other than its actual definition. When pressed, how did you respond? “Oh, I know some ‘intelligent’ people who don’t know what it means.”

Weird.

4 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

This is typical of your arguments.  You say something that’s absurd and largely baseless. When you’re pressed on it, you hide behind weird anecdotal bits of nonsense. If you don’t know wtf you’re talking about, it’s ok to hold back and not lead with your typically absurd (and of course highly informed since you know a doctor and a pharmacist) assertions. 
This is the same thing that happened when you wanted to insist that breakthrough infection means something other than its actual definition. When pressed, how did you respond? “Oh, I know some ‘intelligent’ people who don’t know what it means.”

Weird.

I believe him 100 percent ,why would he lie about it?

18 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Weird.

I know doctors and nurses who are asked to work in the past week while covid positive and 0 days quarantine. Some were asymptomatic and some had mild symptoms like a cough. What is so hard to understand?

Edit > since you like proof, what more do you need than the below?

If shortages continue despite other mitigation strategies, as a last resort consider allowing HCP to work even if they have suspected or confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection, if they are well enough and willing to work, even if they have not met all Return to Work Criteria.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

17 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I know doctors and nurses who are asked to work in the past week while covid positive and 0 days quarantine. Some were asymptomatic and some had mild symptoms like a cough. What is so hard to understand?

There's a huge difference between actual policy and what a couple of shoddy practitioners (is this the same bunch that struggled with "breakthrough infection"), who associate with you, choose to do in an understaffed (and likely second-rate) clinical department. But you weren't just making an observation, were you? You're using this unverifiable anecdote as a cheap attempt to invalidate the very real risks of Covid. Nice try.

Edited by Versatile_Hunter

19 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Weird.

Am I a liar as well? I know of two nurses working with covid zero days to quarantine do to understaffed hospitals. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

There's a huge difference between actual policy and what a couple of shoddy practitioners, who associate with you, choose to do in an understaffed (and likely second-rate) clinical department. But you weren't just making an observation, were you? You're using this unverifiable anecdote as a cheap attempt to invalidate the very real risks of Covid. Nice try.

No. I was quoting actual examples from Hospitals in SENY, CT and NJ. None of which are second-rate. This isn't the bronx I'm talking about. I'm talking about hospitals in affluent areas that are dealing with shortages of staff and allowing covid positive doctors and nurses to continue to work with mild symptoms. Are they wearing additional respirators and taking additional precuations? yes, of course. My point is they are symptomatic and inside the hospital walls working and getting paid to work.

Do you work at a hospital?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Weird.

Actually this I know to be fact. But it’s not at Day zero as he claims.. after day 5 yet still positive I know Dr’s who are now returning to work.

They happen to be working with covid patients so I don’t really see a issue here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

This isn't a hidden thing either. One of the nurses didn't come to our new years party because she didn't want others to get sick but she had to work that same day. I'm not a anti Vax guy or anything like that. I'm simply telling you a fact of what's going on from numerous people who work in hospitals. 

I'm guessing I'm wasting my time it seems your the type to believe only what you want to. 

Lol why would somebody make this stuff up, what do I have to gain? Guys like you Crack me up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Am I a liar as well? I know of two nurses working with covid zero days to quarantine do to understaffed hospitals. 

I'm not calling anybody a liar. Biz is big into making outlandish conspiracy theory claims and then fumbling to back them up with tenuous anecdotal blurbs.

My point: understaffed hospitals taking extreme measures during times of crisis does not equate to an overarching conspiracy theory with overlords pressing protective measures and halting society for their financial gain. This pandemic has been rough and the vast majority of stakeholders have major incentives to return to normalcy.

• Like 1

I also know a PD lieutenant that was on Q for one day and then called in the next since the other lieutenant had it worse. He then went back on Q when the other guy returned cause he still felt like ass.
Now THATS Quarantining at its finest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I'm not calling anybody a liar. Biz is big into making outlandish conspiracy theory claims and then fumbling to back them up with tenuous anecdotal blurbs.

My point: understaffed hospitals taking extreme measures during times of crisis does not equate to an overarching conspiracy theory with overlords pressing protective measures and halting society for their financial gain. This pandemic has been rough and the vast majority of stakeholders have major incentives to return to normalcy.

What conspiracy claim? I said covid positive doctors and nurses are working at local tri-state hospitals without quarantine, which is perfectly legal. You called me a lair and/or said they are shoddy practitioners, when in fact several of them have very prestigious credentials. I think most people on this forum would call them "heroes". I'm not licensed to practice medicine, but I have sent food several times to local hospitals for overwhelmed doctors/nurses to eat and worry about 1 less thing. What have you done? and Why don't they bring back the un-vaxxed they fired to help with the shortages?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What conspiracy claim? I said covid positive doctors and nurses are working at local tri-state hospitals without quarantine, which is perfectly legal. You called me a lair and/or said they are shoddy practitioners, when in fact several of them have very prestigious credentials. I think most people on this forum would call them "heroes". I'm not licensed to practice medicine, but I have sent food several times to local hospitals for overwhelmed doctors/nurses to eat and worry about 1 less thing. What have you done? and Why don't they bring back the un-vaxxed they fired to help with the shortages?

What conspiracy claim? Are you serious? You're incapable of going a single day without spewing some ridiculous conspiracy theory. You call hospital workers heroes when you want to play the sanctimonious card. Didn't you recently claim that hospitals have no incentive to cure people since that equates to a lost customer? There you go, one of your incessant conspiratorial claims. Get your story straight.

10 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

What conspiracy claim? Are you serious? You're incapable of going a single day without spewing some ridiculous conspiracy theory. You call hospital workers heroes when you want to play the sanctimonious card. Didn't you recently claim that hospitals have no incentive to cure people since that equates to a lost customer? There you go, one of your incessant conspiratorial claims. Get your story straight.

I said a cured patient is a lost customer. What doctor or pharm company would disagree with me? If everyone was healthy, doctors wouldn't be wealthy and hospitals would close. that's not a conspiracy claim, it's just a statement that has been said for 50+ years.

Are you going to apologize for being wrong about doctors/nurses working while covid positive? What do you do in the medical field that you weren't aware of these new protocols?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

5 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

This would be a brilliantly hilarious response... but I know there's no irony there. It's an earnest expression of your sincere views. God, there's no hope.

That's rich coming from you , the same guy who discredits every medical professional who doesnt preach the narrative you are comfortable with, typical. 

• Like 2

We can return to work after a positive test ,after five days provided we are:
~asymptomatic
~Fully vaccinated
~ No fever for 72 hours without any fever reducing meds
~ neg Rhinorrhea
~ neg productive coughing that would prevent continuous use of a n95 or equivalent, that is for health care settings.

• Like 1