Covid round two!

1 hour ago, virgil said:

Football games are outdoors, for the most part.  I don't think there are currently any mask mandates for outdoor events- i could be wrong about that.

Mask mandates are impossible to enforce.  Unfortunately, they rely on peoples' sense of decency and concern for their fellow community members.

They also have to be gullible enough to think a piece of cloth contains a virus .

6 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

And where do we get those? I haven't seen a N95 mask in a store in 2 years

No mask is 100% effective.  Any mask is better than no mask.  Are you saying that you have not been able to find any kind of mask aside from the cotton/cloth types?

8 minutes ago, virgil said:

No mask is 100% effective.  Any mask is better than no mask.  Are you saying that you have not been able to find any kind of mask aside from the cotton/cloth types?

I don't wear a mask but i have been trying to get them to sell. I can just get the cheapo blue or black masks that are like putting a piece of toilet paper over your mouth but hey, they comply with the mandate.

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

That's not the mandate though ,just a face covering of any kind will do . 

Right.  But again, any mask is better than none at all.  Think of it like rain gear- Wearing 'Waterproof' is best.  Wearing 'Water Resistant' is ok.  Wearing neither is dumb.

11 minutes ago, virgil said:

Right.  But again, any mask is better than none at all.  Think of it like rain gear- Wearing 'Waterproof' is best.  Wearing 'Water Resistant' is ok.  Wearing neither is dumb.

Not according to the doctors interviews I watched . 

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

I don't disagree, I think the powers that be have known they weren't going to stop this virus for more than a year. Yes back to Trump. Unless we can cure the common cold, we aren't curing this virus. Which makes my point in a previous post that we need to get back to normal and living life with the China Flu.  What i hate is the fact that we heard daily of Trumps failures which were all Monday morning QBing on a Virus nobody had ever dealt with. Then Biden runs on getting rid of covid, a line that anyone with a brain knew wasn't going to happen. The only thing he has done, is double down, triple down, quadruple down on a vaccine that isn't a vaccine. Get your vaccine, get your vaccine, get your vaccine, please, i am beggin you. Has he done a single other thing?  Have we gotten more testing? Have we gotten people back to work? Have we gotten rid of a vaccine mandate for a vaccine that doesn't work? Why haven't we loaded up on monoclonal antibodies? Why haven't we fast lined or operation warp speed the covid pills developed by Myreck and Phiser? Why are we making mask mandates when they have said cloth masks don't work. I haven't seen a single person wearing anything but a cloth mask or those cheap blue medical masks. Can't tell you the last time i saw an N95. 

The real science says, get back to life, the china flu is here to stay, mask or no masks, mandates or no mandates. What we need to do is fast track testing and treatments and nothing has been done in that regard.

I agree. I think Biden is pushing the vaccine so much cause it's the only play he has. 

He's a buffoon in so many different ways. I think we would be better off with a few different people that could have been president, Including Trump . But I also think there are others that would have done better than him as well.  Esp if there was a democratic house and Senate like there is now.  And remember Trump saying how " we are doing the best, the best of any country, everyone is saying that" reteric.  They all do it, they are politicians. 

Looking forward to a '22 mid term swing and hoping Trump steps aside as there are a couple of candidates I would like to see in there.  Plus I think they would have a better chance of being elected.  

None of them will cure the virus but any of them can certainly be a better president.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

58 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

And where do we get those? I haven't seen a N95 mask in a store in 2 years

Just like ammo, the time to stock up has long passed .

I Have FFP2 , N95 with and other out values , fold flat N95s, and non counterfeit KN95s , and I don’t even wear a cloth mask ….

forum rate is $10 each local pick up only .

57 minutes ago, virgil said:

I don't understand this line of thinking. Anyone that thinks those paper masks or a cloth masks do anything for an airborne virus, isn't paying attention. Even the CDC says they don't do anything. But you keep believing that if it makes you feel better. Everyone with a brain knew these masks weren't doing anything this whole time....But according to you its better than wearing none at all....

You know what we should have done instead of following the science? Follow common sense...

Cloth Masks Are Useless Against COVID-19 (Redux): Omicron Version (infectioncontroltoday.com)

57 minutes ago, virgil said:

Edited by ApexerER

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

They also have to be gullible enough to think a piece of cloth contains a virus .

NYC does it right. They limited the NYE ball drop party outside from 60K people to 15K and made them wear masks. But a few miles away 2 days later the Jets and/or Giants are allowed to have 80K people mask-less watching a football game. But don't question any of this because it's science!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Just like ammo, the time to stock up has long passed .

I Have FFP2 , N95 with and other out values , fold flat N95s, and non counterfeit KN95s , and I don’t even wear a cloth mask ….

forum rate is $10 each local pick up only .

I have been looking for them to sell at the store i run. I could careless about a stupid mask.....But the libs on this site say, yea but the N95 works. Sure they might, if you can get one....

10 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I agree. I think Biden is pushing the vaccine so much cause it's the only play he has. 

He's a buffoon in so many different ways. I think we would be better off with a few different people that could have been president, Including Trump . But I also think there are others that would have done better than him as well.  Esp if there was a democratic house and Senate like there is now.  And remember Trump saying how " we are doing the best, the best of any country, everyone is saying that" reteric.  They all do it, they are politicians. 

Looking forward to a '22 mid term swing and hoping Trump steps aside as there are a couple of candidates I would like to see in there.  Plus I think they would have a better chance of being elected.  

None of them will cure the virus but any of them can certainly be a better president.  

I didn't like Trump, I loved his policies.......Trump v Biden. Trump will be getting my vote again no doubt. But i agree, nobody is curing this and there are people that could probably do a better job. Or the same job and be more presidential. But the policies are what matter to me most...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

latimes.com/california/story/2022-01-12/california-to-covid-positive-healthcare-workers-keep-working

Will @Versatile_Hunter say this is fake ?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-01-12/california-to-covid-positive-healthcare-workers-keep-working

He will if it isn't reported on CNN or the NY Times

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I don't understand this line of thinking. Anyone that thinks those paper masks or a cloth masks do anything for an airborne virus, isn't paying attention. Even the CDC says they don't do anything. But you keep believing that if it makes you feel better. Everyone with a brain knew these masks weren't doing anything this whole time....But according to you its better than wearing none at all....

Cloth Masks Are Useless Against COVID-19 (Redux): Omicron Version (infectioncontroltoday.com)

By any chance, did you read the article and interview that you linked?  This is copied and pasted from it, without edits:

ICT®: You’re fully vaccinated. So, when you leave your house, do you often wear a mask?

Kavanagh: I wear a mask when I leave the house, I avoid indoor settings. Now, if I’m outside, when nobody’s around, I’ll be carrying a mask, not necessarily having a mask on. Certainly, when you exercise, you can’t wear a mask. But on the other hand, when you’re exercising, you’re spreading a lot of large droplet particles which won’t dissipate in the air, and you’re projecting them further. So, if you’re exercising, don’t run by someone on the sidewalk. You should be staying at least 30 feet away from people. And if you can’t do that, then don’t exercise outdoors. Get yourself a stationary bike and exercise indoors. This Delta variant, again, is much more infectious—1000 times more viral particles. We need to respect it. And we need to respect others. And that’s the key. Our society needs to start respecting others. And that means not just worrying about your rights but worrying about the safety of other people.

6 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I have been looking for them to sell at the store i run. I could careless about a stupid mask.....But the libs on this site say, yea but the N95 works. Sure they might, if you can get one....

They're available on Amazon- might take a week or so to arrive.

3 minutes ago, virgil said:

By any chance, did you read the article and interview that you linked?  This is copied and pasted from it, without edits:

ICT®: You’re fully vaccinated. So, when you leave your house, do you often wear a mask?

Kavanagh: I wear a mask when I leave the house, I avoid indoor settings. Now, if I’m outside, when nobody’s around, I’ll be carrying a mask, not necessarily having a mask on. Certainly, when you exercise, you can’t wear a mask. But on the other hand, when you’re exercising, you’re spreading a lot of large droplet particles which won’t dissipate in the air, and you’re projecting them further. So, if you’re exercising, don’t run by someone on the sidewalk. You should be staying at least 30 feet away from people. And if you can’t do that, then don’t exercise outdoors. Get yourself a stationary bike and exercise indoors. This Delta variant, again, is much more infectious—1000 times more viral particles. We need to respect it. And we need to respect others. And that’s the key. Our society needs to start respecting others. And that means not just worrying about your rights but worrying about the safety of other people.

And what exactly does that have to do with the fact that the masks that 99% of people have access to don't do anything?