Covid round two!

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I won't be wearing a mask tonight, but i'll buy you a beer

As much as I'd like to settle this in person and over inappropriate amounts of beer, the way these conversations ought to be had, sadly I won't be able to drive up tonight. 

Now you say you're low on masks? The next time The Man makes you come in to the city, stop by and I'll hook you up with some good ones. 

41 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

As much as I'd like to settle this in person and over inappropriate amounts of beer, the way these conversations ought to be had, sadly I won't be able to drive up tonight. 

Now you say you're low on masks? The next time The Man makes you come in to the city, stop by and I'll hook you up with some good ones. 

haha. Outside of my annual physical in september when they handed me a mask, I haven't worn one since the spring. When I did, it was a KUIU breathable gaiter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

haha. Outside of my annual physical in september when they handed me a mask, I haven't worn one since the spring. When I did, it was a KUIU breathable gaiter. 

Didn't you say you were working at your NYC office a few days a week? Your building doesn't require a mask in the public areas like the lobby or elevator? 

2 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

Unless you are one of the 800,000 dead or you are currently on a ventilator, or have long term effects, or give a single care about spreading it to somebody who is vulnerable.  

I get it and it's a nice idea, but it really isn't quite that simple. 

Same death rate as pre covid , and if your vulnerable  get the shot but move on its not going away and herd immunity is better than any experimental shot

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

Unless you are one of the 800,000 dead or you are currently on a ventilator, or have long term effects, or give a single care about spreading it to somebody who is vulnerable.  

I get it and it's a nice idea, but it really isn't quite that simple. 

Or one of the 75% that had to have 4 other health problems before Covid took them out. Yeah none of the above worth the total destruction of a country, it’s people and mostly it’s children by a political side. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Same death rate as pre covid , and if your vulnerable  get the shot but move on its not going away and herd immunity is better than any experimental shot

Or the death rate increased by 17%.  But please, bitch about the supply chain and inflation while just living your life.  Whatever.  People picking and choosing when to be part of society and when to be a selfish individual.

On 1/5/2022 at 6:32 PM, Cory said:

I’ve had the mildest of a cold the last couple days . I don’t feel sluggish or any lack of energy at all. Wife made me take the home test today. I didn’t believe it so I went and got a rapid test and I have it again. I am vaccinated . Does anyone know how long I have to isolate/quarantine or whatever we call it now ? 5  or 10 days?

Rather than wade through all the bullshit here.....how are you doing Cory? 

51 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Or the death rate increased by 17%.  But please, bitch about the supply chain and inflation while just living your life.  Whatever.  People picking and choosing when to be part of society and when to be a selfish individual.

Its well within historical standards and  is not even close to un projections...   https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/death-rate

• Like 1

Spanish flu of 1918 ended in 1919, without any vaccine.

By the summer of 1919, the flu pandemic came to an end, as those that were infected either died or developed immunity.

One year's time, no vaccine, it ended.

Almost three years, 3 different type of vaccine, boosters and the death toll from covid has surpassed the spanish flu and more are dying and suffering daily.

Vaccines and the lassie faire attitude of the vaxxed has delayed the inevitable.

As with any type of virus, it evolves to get around vaccines and forms a more transmissible, and thankfully less deadly variant to combat vaccines, especially vaccines that don't work. 

The virus doesn't survive when pitted against developed immunity, as the one year timeline of the Spanish flu shows.

The booster or other pre covid vaxx's don't work against the latest variant and the only reason the Vaxxed aren't dying, is because the Omicron variant isn't as deadly.

I have several friends that are fully vaxxed + boosted and are down for the count while suffering with Omicron.

I have several fully vaxxed that didn't even know they had Omicron.

Same numbers with unvaxxed friends.

I don't have one friend that had contracted covid earlier and has contracted Omicron.

Most are working in healthcare, hospitality or other at risk jobs and are tested weekly.

All of my friends take therapeutics and wear masks when around others, as do I.

Old, overweight, please get it, as it's a known fact that the elderly and obese are more vulnerable to contract and die from covid.

Of course, the death rate might not be so bad, if the Gov't would promote proven drugs or therapies that fight covid and may prevent you from dying or shorten the effects.

Therapeutics and prophylactics that Anti vaxxers would take, if given a choice, helping to end this.

Mandates are only adding fuel to the fire and this is never going to end with that type of strong arm manipulation.

Americans need choices.

Hopefully some of those that are suffering are getting the help they need and are feeling better.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Its well within historical standards and  is not even close to un projections...   https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/death-rate

Good Luck trying to show the real world facts to a couple of these Karen’s on here.   When your aligned with one side that deep even the facts and truths are overlooked for the word of their leaders.                               If this blown up Flu does not kill the country for them they will make sure the economy and lack of product will get it done. 

59 minutes ago, G-Man said:

For a guy who comes off as intelligent, you don't seem to have a grasp of numbers.  I'm not interested in cause of death, but the increase in deaths in the US sure as heck came from somewhere.  The increase is in black and white.  Even Faux News reported it. A 2% increase would be within historical standards.  I'm done if you can't use facts to support your argument.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Or one of the 75% that had to have 4 other health problems before Covid took them out. Yeah none of the above worth the total destruction of a country, it’s people and mostly it’s children by a political side. 

Again you don’t understand what you are spewing….75% of people who are vaccinated and died had 4 or more Comorbidites not of all deaths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chef said:

Again you don’t understand what you are spewing….75% of people who are vaccinated and died had 4 or more Comorbidites not of all deaths

Which is strange with this on cdc site. They do not call out vaccination status but list 5% without comorbidities. Which is down from 6% in April. Seems with all the vaccinations sense April we have only seen a 1% drop. Now I know different strains play some part in these numbers but I expected more of a drop. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

table 3 on sight

C3C967DF-9239-4C32-8D0B-2476FBCEF917.png

0DA7CFA0-CE44-455E-82B5-ACA065A0237D.jpeg

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, G-Man said:

You're quoting a UN projection that doesn't include Covid data?  How about actual numbers from a US source?

3.3+ million people died in the US in 2020.  That's not a projection.  It was the deadliest in our history genius. As reported by the CDC, AP news, Fox news etc.

1 hour ago, Chef said:

The number always end the same. 98% walk away unscathed. And most death is the fat,unhealthy and old. And I see in a pic that your also a smoker. Yup you have across the board covered.   Don’t give a rats behind who does or does not get the shot. Fact is it does not warrant the destruction of a country and it’s people for the 2% that might catch this flu.