Covid round two!

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Guess it’s worked for me so far. How crazy would that be if it really panned out to be fact. There would really be weed stores on every corner. 

So, many of us have wondered why you are so screwed up.  Now we know.  You're a pothead. 

• Haha 1

That would be amazing if biden mandated bong rips for everyone . Him and Pelosi on stage taking turns lighting the 4 footer for each other. Then chuck Schumer is still hiding in the corner but this time it's because hes way too high. 

Hahahahs Biden and pelosi as cheech and Chong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

Guess it’s worked for me so far. How crazy would that be if it really panned out to be fact. There would really be weed stores on every corner. 

Hey man be careful what you admit on the web they can take all your guns for being a weed smoker

• Like 1

What good is cocaine if you cant smell anything? I thought that's why people sniffed it was for the smell?

I hear good cocaine kind of smells like Diesel fuel.

At least that’s what the rumor mill says

31 minutes ago, Chef said:

Hey man be careful what you admit on the web they can take all your guns for being a weed smoker

Lol.  That’s a stretch. Possible Yes. Know some that had 30lbs and never had an issue with their weapons.  It’s not like it was years ago. The fine line is when someone fills out an application for a pistol permit. Kinda a grey area right now with medical weed and such. Bottom line is it’s way down on the list for them to go after someone’s weapons because they smoke weed.  Much bigger fish to fry. But your right. It’s possible. 

In my day it was Panama Red and Acapulco Gold, and we rolled our joints on a double album cover , and half was seeds and stems .

Today since the laws changed I’m amazed at the numbers of old folks we know who came out of the pot smoking closet .

Its been 15 or so,years for me but I’d fire up, i hear today’s stuff is pretty potent .

Oh we did have a fire a few years before I retired in a large grow operation in a good sized building 100s of plants , my crew was the first to find the plants ….. I reported what we had to the BC, who ordered everyone to stay on air lol .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

That would be amazing if biden mandated bong rips for everyone . Him and Pelosi on stage taking turns lighting the 4 footer for each other. Then chuck Schumer is still hiding in the corner but this time it's because hes way too high. 

The 420 treatment method didnt work for Rogan. 

There needs to be criminal charges brought against people who are persecuting unvaxed folks without regard for the scientific proof that ANYONE can carry and spread the virus ANYWHERE. So treating the unvaxed like 2nd class citizens is just discrimination based on prejudice!

• Like 3

Or, it's like acknowledging that women - in aggregate - aren't as physically strong as men. Some women are stronger than some men. Most women aren't. We make allowances on the job, on a case by case basis. No shame, right? No discrimination. Just the facts. 

And unvaccinated are more likely to suffer detrimental consequences of COVID. It doesn't make them second class citizens. And some unvaccinated folks have done more to protect their health than vaccinated folks, they just get unlucky and end up sick. Who can say why? Even so, they should acknowledge the potential consequences of their choice, free as IMHO they should be to make it. 

Or, it's like acknowledging that women - in aggregate - aren't as physically strong as men. Some women are stronger than some men. Most women aren't. We make allowances on the job, on a case by case basis. No shame, right? No discrimination. Just the facts. 
And unvaccinated are more likely to suffer detrimental consequences of COVID. It doesn't make them second class citizens. And some unvaccinated folks have done more to protect their health than vaccinated folks, they just get unlucky and end up sick. Who can say why? Even so, they should acknowledge the potential consequences of their choice, free as IMHO they should be to make it. 

Right but the narrative, perpetuated by the president, is that this would all be over if people would just get vaxxed. Which is nonsense and unvaxxed are being villified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I hear that, but don't really see it in day-to-day life. It's not immediately apparent who's vaxed and who's not, right? So these sort of attitudes are more like opinions, and tough to apply individually. The President can say whatever he wants, I honestly don't listen much to politicians in general. I do think that the weight of increased patients on providers is taking a mental toll on health care professionals, and it's difficult for them to remain totally unbiased in the face of this surge, but I haven't heard anyone lash out at unvaccinated folks, either. Any more than they do overweight smokers who don't exercise and eat Mickie D's every day.

We all take chances with our health, and the best way to live a long healthy life is to "choose your parents wisely", as the old genetics joke goes. But day in and day out it can wear down on even the most caring physicians. Still, I haven't seen anyone vilified personally for their choice.  As with many things, I suspect that the media response leads to an exaggerated perception of what's happening.

If 80% of the population that can be vaxed is vaxed, and let's say 10% of the population either has had covid and been asymptomatic, or got it but just tested negative or got it and didn't report it and therefore have antibodies.   So that's 90% of the population.  So why the continued push of get the vaccine as a mandate.  It doesn't make sense in the "science" at all.  It's time to move on.  Let's get the masks off, that has been announced that 60% are knock offs anyway.  By spring the numbers should be decreasing, the variant less deadly and of it mimics the Spanish flu as it has quite a bit, then we are two years into it and hopefully at the end. 

I would also say that I bet the numbers of people that have had it are far higher than reported.  Between the people that have had it asymtatic, unreported or not detected.  Thus driving the percentage of fatally down even more. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, knehrke said:

I hear that, but don't really see it in day-to-day life. It's not immediately apparent who's vaxed and who's not, right? So these sort of attitudes are more like opinions, and tough to apply individually. The President can say whatever he wants, I honestly don't listen much to politicians in general. I do think that the weight of increased patients on providers is taking a mental toll on health care professionals, and it's difficult for them to remain totally unbiased in the face of this surge, but I haven't heard anyone lash out at unvaccinated folks, either. Any more than they do overweight smokers who don't exercise and eat Mickie D's every day.

We all take chances with our health, and the best way to live a long healthy life is to "choose your parents wisely", as the old genetics joke goes. But day in and day out it can wear down on even the most caring physicians. Still, I haven't seen anyone vilified personally for their choice.  As with many things, I suspect that the media response leads to an exaggerated perception of what's happening.

Right now, the SCOTUS stopped the vax mandate, but private businesses are already announcing they will still require employees to get vaxed, test weekly on their own time and at their own expense, or be fired.  If you don't think it's happening, you are not paying attention.  My employer just announced it yesterday.  Many restaurants will not let you in if you didn't get the jab.  Police are throwing people out of restaurants or arresting them if they won't exit.  Remind you of some time in history down south?

The mental toll on healthcare providers is not from some massive surge in covid patients either.  It's because much of the healthcare workforce has resigned because of the mandate and more are about to do the same.  Blaming the unvaxed for that is just ignorance of the truth.

Edited by Grouse
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, knehrke said:

If you can’t go to the same restaurant as someone with a card is it not the definition of second class citizens segregated by government rules.

• Like 3

My employer had been telling it's unvaxed employees it had no choice but to follow the OSHA mandate or face stiff fines.

Yesterday, one day after the court's ruling, they informed all employees they plan to continue the mandate against unvaxed employees by choice. This means oppressive weekly testing, over 35 miles away, that will cost them time and money without compensation. This is coercion, plain as day.

Failure to comply will be considered insubordination and termination follows.

Since the science proves any employee can bring the virus into the workplace and infect the entire workforce, regardless of their vax status, what is the purpose of persecuting the unvaxed employee?

It most certainly has nothing to do with health, based on scientific evidence, yet that is what they claim to be concerned with.
Edited by Grouse

Right but the narrative, perpetuated by the president, is that this would all be over if people would just get vaxxed. Which is nonsense and unvaxxed are being villified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes and no…. Would covid be over absolutely not… would the strain on our hospital systems be greatly reduced yes. At this list I think the only real pandemic concern is the overwhelming of hospitals and the decline in the quality of every day medical care.

If everyone were vaxxed it would not be a issue.

That being said with the rise of omicron vaccine mandates have become obsolete

Right now, the SCOTUS stopped the vax mandate, but private businesses are already announcing they will still require employees to get vaxed, test weekly on their own time and at their own expense, or be fired.  If you don't think it's happening, you are not paying attention.  My employer just announced it yesterday.  Many restaurants will not let you in if you didn't get the jab.  Police are throwing people out of restaurants or arresting them if they won't exit.  Remind you of some time in history down south?
The mental toll on healthcare providers is not from some massive surge in covid patients either.  It's because much of the healthcare workforce has resigned because of the mandate and more are about to do the same.  Blaming the unvaxed for that is just ignorance of the truth.

Much of the healthcare workforce has not resigned. I’m fact it’s a tiny fraction. Don’t post flat out BS

11 minutes ago, Chef said:

Much of the healthcare workforce has not resigned. I’m fact it’s a tiny fraction. Don’t post flat out BS

34,000 healthcare workers out of a job in NY due to the vaccine mandate is a LOT of workers. This is a big part of the reason the hospitals are overwhelmed. 

Edited by outdoorstom
  • Like 2

31,000 healthcare workers out of a job in NY due to the vaccine mandate is a LOT of workers. This is a big part of the reason the hospitals are overwhelmed. 

31k out of how many…. And what constitutes a healthcare worker. I think you will find it’s not what you have been lead to believe