Covid round two!

34,000 healthcare workers out of a job in NY due to the vaccine mandate is a LOT of workers. This is a big part of the reason the hospitals are overwhelmed. 

So if you total all hospitals and nursing homes in NY state it would be about 38 employees per location.

Now add in all Dr, dentist offices, urgent care, school , nurse, med techs, imaging centers, chiropractic offices.

You catch my drift it probably averages out to 1-2 employees per location at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

31k out of how many…. And what constitutes a healthcare worker. I think you will find it’s not what you have been lead to believe

Here is the U.S. govt’s definition of a health care worker: (6) HEALTH CARE WORKER.—The term “health care worker” means an individual who has been assigned by a health care employer to engage in patient handling, including direct-care registered nurses, independent contractors, or individuals who perform the duties of health care workers.

• Like 1

Also many left hospital and emergency care work to take jobs in private doctors offices and clinics.  They are now counted as "being in" the workforce, but not where the need for it is.

Someone who doesn't know what they're talking about will always accuse others of posting BS.

7 minutes ago, Chef said:

So if you total all hospitals and nursing homes in NY state it would be about 38 employees per location.

Now add in all Dr, dentist offices, urgent care, school , nurse, med techs, imaging centers, chiropractic offices.

You catch my drift it probably averages out to 1-2 employees per location at most.

If you think health care facilities have excess employees and can spare to lose a couple across the whole board then you are clueless. Before nurses lost their job my brother was in the hospital and each nurse had 12 patients each ,that was right from her mouth.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

Also many left hospital and emergency care work to take jobs in private doctors offices and clinics.  They are now counted as "being in" the workforce, but not where the need for it is.
Someone who doesn't know what they're talking about will always accuse others of posting BS.

No because working in a private dr offices is still healthcare and would still fall under the mandate

21 minutes ago, Chef said:

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/hospitals/how-many-employees-have-hospitals-lost-to-vaccine-mandates-numbers-so-far

Doesn’t have the answers but does give some idea by health system

This link shows hospitals mostly from the north east states which have some of the highest vaccination rates already. Take Ohio for example npr stated yesterday we have a 40% vaccination rate. The major hospital networks tried last year to have a vaccine mandate And rescinded it quickly do to staffing not willing to comply. I believe it will have more effect in some regions than others. The one size fits all mandate by the federal government just shows me another reason I do not want government ran universal health care.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

No because working in a private dr offices is still healthcare and would still fall under the mandate

No they don't.  They may not take Medicare or Medicaid or my not fall under HHS control.

I work in Emergency Services.  My daughter is an RN.  Two sisters are RN's and many of my friends are in healthcare, including Doctors, Paramedics and other providers.  I can tell you without any reservation you do not know what you are talking about.

• Like 2

No they don't.  They may not take Medicare or Medicaid or my not fall under HHS control.
I work in Emergency Services.  My daughter is an RN.  Two sisters are RN's and many of my friends are in healthcare, including Doctors, Paramedics and other providers.  I can tell you without any reservation you do not know what you are talking about.

I’m NY it applies to all healthcare workers… we all know you live in West Virginia or where ever that pic said so why don’t you find a WV forum

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

I’m NY it applies to all healthcare workers… we all know you live in West Virginia or where ever that pic said so why don’t you find a WV forum

HA!  More proof you don't know what you're talking about!!! LOL!!

I'm in Delaware County pal.

HA!  More proof you don't know what you're talking about!!! LOL!!
I'm in Delaware County pal.

Yea ok if you say so I was in Delaware county earlier this week actually doing outdoor activities with another forum member and then posting about it here. You know contributing to this place and not just living in the muck like you.

WOW.  You're so special.  LOL!

How do you contribute except for spreading BS in a few select threads… you don’t. It’s sad that people like you come here and bring this place down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

It’s sad that people like you come here and bring this place down.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!! Just for the Hell of it take a good look at the last 100 or so posts you have made! You are a Troll "Par Excellence", if you have contributed one thing that would help me in the outdoors I must have missed it!

Al

• Haha 1

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!! Just for the Hell of it take a good look at the last 100 or so posts you have made! You are a Troll "Par Excellence", if you have contributed one thing that would help me in the outdoors I must have missed it!
Al

So my posts in the dinner thread… helping a forum member source a product they wanted and showing a forum member a fishing spot? Those posts were trolling?

Yes and no…. Would covid be over absolutely not… would the strain on our hospital systems be greatly reduced yes. At this list I think the only real pandemic concern is the overwhelming of hospitals and the decline in the quality of every day medical care.

If everyone were vaxxed it would not be a issue.

That being said with the rise of omicron vaccine mandates have become obsolete

Would the strain be lessened if unvaxxed got their jobs back? The ones that ARENT being discriminated against?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Would the strain be lessened if unvaxxed got their jobs back? The ones that ARENT being discriminated against?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not much because statewide it amounts to less than a handful per facility and it seems that difference has been made up with military personnel

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

So my posts in the dinner thread… helping a forum member source a product they wanted and showing a forum member a fishing spot? Those posts were trolling?

And I suggest you stick to threads pertaining to that subject matter . As always , you get too personal and take things too far Chef. 

50 minutes ago, Grouse said:

41 minutes ago, Chef said:

Yea ok if you say so I was in Delaware county earlier this week actually doing outdoor activities with another forum member and then posting about it here. You know contributing to this place and not just living in the muck like you.

You got mad cuz Grouse called you out for not knowing what you’re talking about ( which everyone knows is true , incidentally) so you went personal. Just chill before it gets out of hand and this thread gets locked like the last one !! 

• Like 2

You got mad cuz Grouse called you out for not knowing what you’re talking about ( which everyone knows is true , incidentally) so you went personal. Just chill before it gets out of hand and this thread gets locked like the last one !! 

First off that is the truth the guy has been here under multiple handles and does nothing but post in these type of threads.

2nd I hope it does get locked as these threads take away from the forum as a whole

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chef said:

Not much because statewide it amounts to less than a handful per facility and it seems that difference has been made up with military personnel

Tell that to the hospitals up here. Fired so many that they had to shut down parts of the hospital including child birth. Now they are complaining of no help and offering 1000’s of $$ for signing bonuses. You can’t lump health care in one basket. Some in healthcare really have little to do with truly giving care. Back when this shit started we had all our nurses and we had bigger numbers of Covid cases? They were called “Hero’s”. Now we have less nurses and less Covid and they say they are overwhelmed? Well no Shit!!!

• Like 2

Tell that to the hospitals up here. Fired so many that they had to shut down parts of the hospital including child birth. Now they are complaining of no help and offering 1000’s of $$ for signing bonuses. You can’t lump health care in one basket. Some in healthcare really have little to do with truly giving care. Back when this shit started we had all our nurses and we had bigger numbers of Covid cases? They were called “Hero’s”. Now we have less nurses and less Covid and they say they are overwhelmed? Well no Shit!!!

I would be ok with a tired mandate. You think it’s fair for unvaccinated people to work around cancer patients or at a dialysis clinic? Or with immune compermised people?