Covid round two!

I have yet to meet a person who is vaccinated from covid, so as of now, yes  I am ok with unvaccinated people treating the sick. There isn't another option.
A vaccine works to prevent sickness.  That is not a gray area, and does not need to be spun to convince people otherwise. People keep getting told not to believe what their lying eyes tell them. It gets old when what you hear is different than what you see and experience. 
I believe the idea was to give people a sense of security so that some normalcy could return, be it real or false. Unfortunately there is too much information, on either side for that to occur, which is why we are in the situation we are in. 
Playing politics,  by both parties and creating devision plays right into Russia and China's hand. Propaganda supporting mandates is as beneficial to them as anything else one can find on the internet. 
Individuals need to make a decision of what is best for themselves,  and live the best way they can.

A vaccine does not prevent infection.. it gives the body the tools to fight infection.

Please take a science class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chef said:

I would be ok with a tired mandate. You think it’s fair for unvaccinated people to work around cancer patients or at a dialysis clinic? Or with immune compermised people?

I think at this point it does not make a difference. It’s a proven fact that the vaccinated can pass it along just as fast as an unvaxed. It’s a fact that the only person the shot will help us the one getting the shot. For them to fire people and ruin our country in the process is just the democratic way. But then to cry that they are overwhelmed because they fired everyone is a joke. What do you think will happen when they try to force all these big truck drivers across the county?  You think you have no products in shelves nowadays you have seen nothing yet. 

16 minutes ago, Chef said:

A vaccine does not prevent infection.. it gives the body the tools to fight infection.

Please take a science class

Is that how the Polio, Smallpox, Antrax, Cholera, Hepatitus, Rabies, Pertusses, Shingles, Tetanus, TB, Mumps and Measles vaccines work? 

My science training said otherwise.

32 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Is that how the Polio, Smallpox, Antrax, Cholera, Hepatitus, Rabies, Pertusses, Shingles, Tetanus, TB, Mumps and Measles vaccines work? 

Don't confuse him with facts. 

Yea the infection still enters your body and the vaccine gives you the tools to fight it off

Thank you for the reminder, I am due for my polio booster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Funny you say that the polio vaccine was a 4 shot vaccine. I bet if you look at the process it didn’t start out that way

Just now, Chef said:

Really does the flu shot prevent sickness? No but it’s still a vaccine emoji1588.pngemoji441.png

No, it is not a vaccine,  not until covid was it called a vaccine.  It was always a flu shot prior. See the political spin. It's propaganda supported by the Russians and China to create division.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Just Lucky said:

No, it is not a vaccine,  not until covid was it called a vaccine.  It was always a flu shot prior. See the political spin. It's propaganda supported by the Russians and China to create division.

And just look how they are finding Covid  in deer and it’s been fought off by farmers and pet owners for years.   It’s an infection that warm blood will get.  All this is is another flu and it will take a yearly poke.          If people want the poke…Just like today flu shot already ate. 

59 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

Be careful what you say as someone is very thin skinned and sensitive especially if you don't have the same views and opinions as them. They will most likely report you @Chef.

12 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Imagine getting the measles vaccine and being scared to catch measles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You mean like a breakthrough infection? Yeah, it happens. 

9 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

You mean like a breakthrough infection? Yeah, it happens. 

If it was an actual vaccine no there wouldn't be "breakthrough" infections. Seeing how the shots and booster is nothing more than a preventable treatment at best I suppose "breakthrough" infections are possible.

Until Louis Pasteur developed the rabies vaccine, “vaccines” had referred only to the cowpox inoculation for smallpox. His procedure was originally called “Pasteur’s treatment”, but Pasteur decided to honor the 18th century virology pioneer Edward Jenner, who publicized the cure for smallpox, and give these artificially weakened diseases the generic name of “vaccines”. Thus, we largely have Pasteur to thank for today’s definition of a vaccine as a “suspension of live (usually attenuated) or inactivated microorganisms (e.g., bacteria or viruses) or fractions thereof administered to induce immunity and prevent infectious disease or its sequelae.”

Louis Pasteur’s work advanced the nascent field of virology and served to spur vaccine research all over the globe. In subsequent decades, live, attenuated vaccines were developed and introduced against a number of the world’s most deadly diseases including diphtheria (1888), plague (1897), tuberculosis (1927), yellow fever (1936), measles (1963), mumps (1967), rubella (1969), varicella (1995), and rotavirus (1998).

23 hours ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

If you can’t go to the same restaurant as someone with a card is it not the definition of second class citizens segregated by government rules.

Yes, sir. I am agreeing with you lol. I oppose mandates. I can see how you might read what I wrote differently, so I will make it clear - folks arguing against vaccination on "scientific" grounds get zero support from me. Facts are facts are facts. Folks arguing vaccination on civil liberties grounds get my full support. Even if I think they're making a stupid decision, it is in the end their decision to make, since it's their body. Our history here in America of forced vaccinations is unsavory at best - this is stuff I've taught in our bioethics class - and making them second class citizens is only going to provoke exactly the opposite response as we want. If we don't force vaccinations for other diseases that are arguable much more deadly, then why COVID? Europe is a complete sh!t show right now with their mandates. I hope that folks on this side of the ocean listen to reason. 

• Like 3

See, that's where you lose me - saying "it's obviously not about health". I think that most health care professionals would argue that it absolutely is about health. I won't argue logistics with you, because I appreciate that won't get me anywhere. But there's a very simple argument to be made.  I don't know a doctor or prof who hasn't raced to have their kids vaccinated as soon as it was available. Why would they do that for their loved ones, considering that they are both informed and that a personal decision about your kids doesn't push any agenda - if they didn't believe that the jab protects against disease? Yeah, there's bound to be a few who think otherwise, or who argue against vaccination on civil grounds, and good for them, but if most of the folks who really understand the underlying risks/rewards are rushing to vaccinate their kids, I'm fairly confident that expert consensus is that there are health benefits. If you think that your opinion is better informed that folks who have studied this stuff for decades, then good for you. Who am I to say otherwise? But saying, "it's obviously not about health" dismisses the educated decisions that others have made independently. 

Now, if you were to say that it's not ONLY about heath, I can agree with you. Money, power, politics, I'm sure they all play a role. But so does health. And I'm fairly certain that's not easily refuted.

• Like 1

And that is the real question the government seems to be trying hard not to answer.  Why is the vaccine being mandated and forced on the masses?  It's obviously not about health and saying it is is easily refuted.

I will not pretend to know why the govt does anything but l guess they feel it is best and EASIEST choice for the majority of the country to get vaxed. As many against the vax have stated, overall health and weight control and exercise is the best defense for most (exceptions exist) infected by this. They just don’t trust the majority of us to do the right thing (get healthy, stay home when sick, stay away from people when compromised, etc).
Not saying I agree with them, just saying….

You two guys don't follow me here.  I'm referring to the govt mandate that says only unvaxxed folks need to test and wear masks to keep their jobs.

Do you deny that anyone can bring the virus into work and infect the entire workforce?  If not, what has the mandate got to do with health and why persecute the unvaxxed when the only risk is their own?

Edited by Grouse