Covid round two!

5 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

What’s worse then that is listening to the worst leftist on this site try and backtrack to play both sides of game to try and make us think he is not so far left. But then again he does not think being fat and a smoker favors this flu. 

Maybe he is one of those government informants trying to intrap conservatives into saying  something  violent  on here by antagonizing them .

Don't be surprised this Administration and the Deep State have been doing this stuff for years and it's just coming out now. Thats not a conspiracy theory that's a fact.  The problem is 99.9% of conservatives are just nonviolent and just want to be left alone , so they just wasting their time . Just imagine if they did the same with leftist  it be a different story .  The thing at the Capital was a setup for example . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Oh wow is he Clueless then,  I just got over it and let me tell you I can so see someone really out of shape with bad lungs  just having a heart attack from this bad cold that  I just got over . My blood oxgen level was down to  89 at one point and my blood pressure went  up to  like 140 145 from my normal 120 level from before it hit me . Now what do you think it does to someone with high blood blood pressure when they're not sick and dirty smoke filled lungs . If it dont kill them they are taking a trip to the Hospital I would imagine that's what happens.  My  fat neighbor got it and they went to the hospital for treatment hopefully she  will be okay but still landing  in the hospital got to suck.  She got very fat last year or so i noticed probably from the lock downs.  I belive that is what made it worse for her .

Glad you made it out unscathed. Those folks are just what the vaccine is made for and they should get the poke, but again, Their Choice. The left is almost making this a racist thing per say. Black man could not walk into restaurants because of skin color..Human can’t walk in now because they chose not to take a shot of something that had proven itself to help nobody but the one getting the shot. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Splitear said:

Not true, I might not be an expert on 1930's Germany, but whatever bit of discomfort you may feel for being unvaccinated  is nothing like that. You can frame it like that, but it's not true. It's not even close, not even close. You are just taking that bar and movingly it lower with this stuff. Framing yourself as that much of a victim is despicable. 

It's not about a small jab of a needle.  It's about discrimination and bigoted prejudice against people who refuse it.  Please spare me the self righteous indignation and self proclaimed moral superiority and virtue signaling and tell me, if this current type of hatred of certain individuals isn't what caused the hatred of the Jews in Russia and Germany in the first half of the 20th Century, what did?

I've already posted a few examples of this current discrimination against the unvaxed.  Here's another example of where this is going, which is easily seen by anyone capable of extrapolating the trajectory of current events.  

BTW: For the edification of the presumptuous one called Chef who accuses me of being an anti-semite,  I'm sure I've said this before, but he obviously missed it.  I'M JEWISH!

Nearly a Third of Democrats Support Unvaccinated Losing Custody of Kids

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/01/18/nearly-a-third-of-democrats-support-unvaccinated-losing-custody-of-kids/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&mkt_tok=ODI0LU1IVC0zMDQAAAGCEM-s1rCJUYNGwEqNt8xaIjqWgu6MbITR8dsRWBVBb5VmLq6l5g6p7PDRs-JVDsbRg5RGn8T9x3nES25ClquaHWdGOVFIqWdgQzBh2tHFFiEsXJ4

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chef said:

So am I against certain things in it yes… while I am for voter ID… I think we do need some voting law reforms. Maybe a standard for early voting absentee ballots.

Also there needs to be protections in place to make sure a election can be certified without interruption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you believe that anyone was denied the right to vote in the last election cycle because of the color of their skin, ethnicity , sexual orientation etc. , 

9 minutes ago, knehrke said:

I appreciate a healthy discussion, but the fearmongering is irresponsible. Unfortunately, that's the way of the world on open discussion forums. Meliora.

What do you think the government has been doing in this country for the past two years with regard to the government's response to this virus?  And now, since government fear mongering has not produced the desired vax compliance, they are resorting to force.

• Like 1

Who cares about Trump?  Facts and numbers show the truth of who the better leader was for this country and it’s people.      And your fat from understanding the science because you still believe and push the bullshit that you suck on from your CNN hero’s. The science and the people used in that science have shown how this vaccine has failed in many ways. It’s just the idiots on the left that you support that keep making up their own science. But as you see in a daily basis, They are backtracking pronto. They know all their failures and that 30% approval rating is not looking well for November. That’s when you might have a reason to bring Trumps name up. 

I wasn’t arguing without about Trump, I was making a point that if someone doesn’t like Trump and believes in basic public health it doesn’t make them a liberal..

A little basic reading comprehension goes a long way

• Like 1

Do you believe that anyone was denied the right to vote in the last election cycle because of the color of their skin, ethnicity , sexual orientation etc. , 

Outright denied no… I will say in this upcoming election Texas is doing some shady things. They have gained house seats due to growth in the Latino population.

They then gerrymandered the districts to add the extra house seats to come from Predominantly white areas.

So yes I’m essence they are suppressing that Latino vote.

Not their right to vote, but the difference their vote makes.

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

Outright denied no… I will say in this upcoming election Texas is doing some shady things. They have gained house seats due to growth in the Latino population.

They then gerrymandered the districts to add the extra house seats to come from Predominantly white areas.

So yes I’m essence they are suppressing that Latino vote.

Not their right to vote, but the difference their vote makes.

Pretty much like NYS every election since the beginning of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Outright denied no…

Ok, agreed. The voting rights bill and the imeptus and rhetoric behind it is baloney. Its this kind of nonsense that frustrates many of us on the right about the Democrat party Chef. Idont know about the gerrymandering thing that you nmentioned - maybe its accurate , maybe not, but BOTH parties do it with regualrity so thats not really an example of voter suppression conducted exclusively by the Republican party .

• Like 2

If Biden really wanted to unite this country he could do one thing very quickly. He could get rid of all these vaccine mandates. Look at the infighting just on this forum from fairly like minded individuals. The threads that have anything to do with covid become longer than all but Live from the Woods. I've been here since 2013 and never seen anything like it. Even during the Obama years. Even the so called lefties on the site aren't the lefties we all complain about. Maybe I'm wrong but i would be willing to bet that none of them have, thrown things at police officers, torn down a statue or attended a BLM rally. That doesn't mean i have to agree with their politics. It shows just how divided our nation is. It kind of shows you how neighbors fought neighbors and Fathers fought sons in the Civil war. When you think about that, its really kinda scary. I'm willing to bet that if i met @Chef, i would think he was a pretty good guy. I have met @Splitearand he is a good guy.  

I had every intention of getting the vaccine a year ago when they became available. I was glad my parents got their vaccine just because of their age. I just wanted to take a wait and see approach. A few months to see what happens with it all. The longer the vaccine has been available, the more i dislike it and the less it seems it will do for me. You can't find a single thing on what the side effects are. There are side effects to Advil so there has to be some. The constant push for a leaky vaccine also gives me pause. Overall,  I am happy i took the wait and see approach so far. Maybe someday that will be the wrong decision. But it was my decision and not one i want to be forced in to just to maintain a normal life. I can't understand how some can't see that, but i guess that is your choice, just like i made mine. 

Edited by ApexerER
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Ok, agreed. The voting rights bill and the imeptus and rhetoric behind it is baloney. Its this kind of nonsense that frustrates many of us on the right about the Democrat party Chef. Idont know about the gerrymandering thing that you nmentioned - maybe its accurate , maybe not, but BOTH parties do it with regualrity so thats not really an example of voter suppression conducted exclusively by the Republican party .

Biden was just crying because republicans want the votes counted by people other then volunteers. 

7 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Glad you made it out unscathed. Those folks are just what the vaccine is made for and they should get the poke, but again, Their Choice. The left is almost making this a racist thing per say. Black man could not walk into restaurants because of skin color..Human can’t walk in now because they chose not to take a shot of something that had proven itself to help nobody but the one getting the shot. 

I sometimes wonder how a few of you guys function on a daily basis. "Wait, doc, the only one this vaccine helps is me? Screw that!"

4 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

Now their going to be coming for the pets, because they don't have anyone to pay off Big Pharma and the Gov't !

Covid Pet Cull

First they came for the hamsters, then they came for me?

I lived in Asia for a while and the Chinese aren't the kindest people when it comes to animals. I was listening to an interview with American hunter in China who said his hosts were on his case that he didn't take questionable shots. He finally realized that they wanted him to wound animals and keep them alive until they wanted to eat them to ensure freshness.

2 hours ago, ApexerER said:

When you think about that, its really kinda scary. I'm willing to bet that if i met @Chef, i would think he was a pretty good guy. I have met @Splitearand he is a good guy.  

Honestly, @Chef is a lovely guy. Easy going and friendly.

If Biden really wanted to unite this country he could do one thing very quickly. He could get rid of all these vaccine mandates. Look at the infighting just on this forum from fairly like minded individuals. The threads that have anything to do with covid become longer than all but Live from the Woods. I've been here since 2013 and never seen anything like it. Even during the Obama years. Even the so called lefties on the site aren't the lefties we all complain about. Maybe I'm wrong but i would be willing to bet that none of them have, thrown things at police officers, torn down a statue or attended a BLM rally. That doesn't mean i have to agree with their politics. It shows just how divided our nation is. It kind of shows you how neighbors fought neighbors and Fathers fought sons in the Civil war. When you think about that, its really kinda scary. I'm willing to bet that if i met [mention=762]Chef[/mention], i would think he was a pretty good guy. I have met [mention=11104]Splitear[/mention]and he is a good guy.  
I had every intention of getting the vaccine a year ago when they became available. I was glad my parents got their vaccine just because of their age. I just wanted to take a wait and see approach. A few months to see what happens with it all. The longer the vaccine has been available, the more i dislike it and the less it seems it will do for me. You can't find a single thing on what the side effects are. There are side effects to Advil so there has to be some. The constant push for a leaky vaccine also gives me pause. Overall,  I am happy i took the wait and see approach so far. Maybe someday that will be the wrong decision. But it was my decision and not one i want to be forced in to just to maintain a normal life. I can't understand how some can't see that, but i guess that is your choice, just like i made mine. 

I appreciate this post very much. I think that the temperature in this country sure does need to come down a few notches… I also find it funny that people on this forum think I’m a lefty. If anything I find my self right of center on 80% of issues.

As far as getting along I’m sure we would 100% I have easily met 25 members in person and have gotten along with them all. It’s really sad what these covid threads have done to the forum. I’ve been on here about 10 years now and it kind of reminds me of some of the earlier infighting we had.