Covid round two!

LOL!  I'm not married lefty.  Does your mindset always think on a 2nd grade level?  Is that how you perceive the eternal vigilance our founders asked of us?

I have your comments on ignore for a reason and I need to remind myself not to open them.  It is ruining my faith in the IQ level of many Americans.

I can only imagine what life is like at the old rattler/grouse homestead.
"Honey, why are you on the roof?"
"Eternal vigilance, babe. Eternal vigilance."
"Okay, honey, don't forget to turn the light off when you come to bed." 

They do it different in West Virginia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

My life is good because of my actions based on opportunities presented for me. I will take credit for my life, both good and bad.

I think America was better off with Trump, then with Biden, but my daily life is the same. Blaming others is an excuse for failure.

Too much worrying about others is unhealthy. 

Not when people can point to hardship in their life as a direct result of a government policy, like getting fired from your job, losing your firearm rights, or paying more for gas and higher taxes.  It's not that they are blaming them so much as they are fighting to stop them.

Many people were doing fantastic in the 1920's and never thought the good times would end.  Guess what happened because of government monetary policies nobody was paying attention to.  Nobody is paying attention to many things today as well.

18 hours ago, Chef said:

So again I voted against Trump not for this… there is a huge difference

That may be so, I was just trying to point out why people are so mad. Me included....We could all see this coming a mile a way and its honestly worse than I figured it would be. 

• Like 1

That may be so, I was just trying to point out why people are so mad. Me included....We could all see this coming a mile a way and its honestly worse than I figured it would be. 

My opinion is most of what you are seeing would be here either way… what that is going on right now do you think Trump would have prevented.. I am curious.

Well gas prices wouldn't be at this level, no mandatory vax would be firing people and I don't think the supply chain issue would be continuing.  Russia, China and North Korea wouldn't be walking all over him and inflation wouldn't be spinning out of control because of inept monetary policy.

Just my opinion, but I think it's justified.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

My opinion is most of what you are seeing would be here either way… what that is going on right now do you think Trump would have prevented.. I am curious.

Guaranteed!!!!  You truly are a fool if you think that Trump would have even thought about stopping the wall to keep dirtbags out, shut down our own energy and not continue to make sure that people had jobs. When he was in charge we could not find employees because everyone already had a job, Now we can’t because your idiot payed them to stay home. The only thing nobody could have done 100% right is this virus but you can bet your best stogie that Trump never would have locked everyone down with masks for years and fired people for not getting the shot. People would have died and they still are but they would have died by their own doing because they had a choice. For you to even vote for anything democratic shows your true self. Period!!   Oh and by they way… The left you support in Ny is now giving Tran’s criminals their choice of prisons to go to!  Bet you would support a manny and peddy also!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Guaranteed!!!!  You truly are a fool if you think that Trump would have even thought about stopping the wall to keep dirtbags out, shut down our own energy and not continue to make sure that people had jobs. When he was in charge we could not find employees because everyone already had a job, Now we can’t because your idiot payed them to stay home. The only thing nobody could have done 100% right is this virus but you can bet your best stogie that Trump never would have locked everyone down with masks for years and fired people for not getting the shot. People would have died and they still are but they would have died by their own doing because they had a choice. For you to even vote for anything democratic shows your true self. Period!!   Oh and by they way… The left you support in Ny is now giving Tran’s criminals their choice of prisons to go to!  Bet you would support a manny and peddy also!

You realize the shutdowns,  and mandatory layoffs happened while trump was president?

My Employer was forced to 25 percent when covid hit. Instead of unemployment,  I went to work at tractor supply for 2 months, kept my own business running and made it through. It was not the choice some would have made, but I felt like I kept my pride. 

Border crisis is another pandemic used by both parties to create emotions. Illegal immigration has been occurring in this country before either of us was born, and a damn 15 ft wall would not prevent it.

We all know home depot sells 32 ft ladders, lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Well gas prices wouldn't be at this level, no mandatory vax would be firing people and I don't think the supply chain issue would be continuing.  Russia, China and North Korea wouldn't be walking all over him and inflation wouldn't be spinning out of control because of inept monetary policy.

Just my opinion, but I think it's justified.

We don't KNOW that. Trump caved to alot of Democrats demands

You realize the shutdowns,  and mandatory layoffs happened while trump was president?
My Employer was forced to 25 percent when covid hit. Instead of unemployment,  I went to work at tractor supply for 2 months, kept my own business running and made it through. It was not the choice some would have made, but I felt like I kept my pride. 
Border crisis is another pandemic used by both parties to create emotions. Illegal immigration has been occurring in this country before either of us was born, and a damn 15 ft wall would not prevent it.

It’s very hard arguing with irrational people who think that the spoiled little billionaire actually cares about them.

All he cared about was lining the pockets of him and his associates. Most of his policy’s hurt the middle class especially in NY.

What I would like to know is how many members of this forum are part of the 1% or even the 5%.

There are a few and I’m pretty sure I know who most of them are.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chef said:

Lets see, 

Gas prices wouldn't be 60-70% higher. We wouldn't have shutdown the keystone pipeline. We wouldn't be paying people to stay home instead of working. We would have kept building the border wall and kept the millions of illegals out that have flooded into this country along with all the drugs they are bringing in. (and we can't say Dems don't want them to vote anymore because they are doing just that here in NYS) We wouldn't have raised taxes on business. (which affects me and my wallet) We wouldn't have had a infrastructure bill that was about 5% infrastructure and directly affected inflation. We wouldn't have bailed out States that made the wrong decisions and destroyed their economy. We wouldn't have vaccine mandates. We wouldn't have runaway inflation caused directly by a war on fossil fuels and a lack of workers as well as unnecessary government spending. Which BTW is directly causing supply chain issues. We would have kept working hard on therapeutics, monoclonal antibodies etc. instead of doubling and tripling down on a vaccine that isn't a vaccine. We wouldn't have mandates and subsidies for electric cars. Those are just off the top of my head...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chef said:

It’s very hard arguing with irrational people who think that the spoiled little billionaire actually cares about them.

All he cared about was lining the pockets of him and his associates. Most of his policy’s hurt the middle class especially in NY.

What I would like to know is how many members of this forum are part of the 1% or even the 5%.

Huh? Hurt the middle class???? My taxes went down, gas prices were way down and we didn't have runaway inflation. How the heck did he hurt the middle class. I am the very definition of middle class and i am being hurt NOW!

• Like 3

Huh? Hurt the middle class???? My taxes went down, gas prices were way down and we didn't have runaway inflation. How the heck did he hurt the middle class. I am the very definition of middle class and i am being hurt NOW!

Really your taxes went down… even with the repeal of the salt tax deduction?

Do you own a home? Or live on some kind of forever wild land where you have no taxes?

Maybe I need to meet your accountant

Let’s be clear just because they take less from your check every week doesn’t mean your taxes went down

Just now, Chef said:

Do you own a home? Or live on some kind of forever wild land where you have no taxes?

Yes my taxes went down and yes i own my house. Well the bank and I. I live upstate, my taxes aren't high enough for Salt to matter...and why should the rest of the country pay for our ridiculous taxes here in this overspending state...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Chef said:

I think trump did what he felt would build a bigger legacy of his name. No one lives forever,  and he wants to be remembered. 

He got what he was after. Some believe he was great, and some believe he was aweful, but remembered the same.

36 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

Are you even trying to remotely say that the same numbers of dirtbags were coming thru on Trumps watch?  What happens with left or right really does not hit me or my family because we have enough money to get thru whatever this idiot does for 3 more years but again your as much a fool as lefty that voted for him if you think we are better now then we were with Trump. Period. 

20 minutes ago, Chef said:

Let’s be clear just because they take less from your check every week doesn’t mean your taxes went down

How about you just stop the bull and cut to the chase….. Do you.. Yourself!, Think that this country is in a better and safer place now under the one you voted for compared to the guy you voted against because you don’t like him. If the answer is Yes.  Explain!

Lets see, 
Gas prices wouldn't be 60-70% higher. We wouldn't have shutdown the keystone pipeline. We wouldn't be paying people to stay home instead of working. We would have kept building the border wall and kept the millions of illegals out that have flooded into this country along with all the drugs they are bringing in. (and we can't say Dems don't want them to vote anymore because they are doing just that here in NYS) We wouldn't have raised taxes on business. (which affects me and my wallet) We wouldn't have had a infrastructure bill that was about 5% infrastructure and directly affected inflation. We wouldn't have bailed out States that made the wrong decisions and destroyed their economy. We wouldn't have vaccine mandates. We wouldn't have runaway inflation caused directly by a war on fossil fuels and a lack of workers as well as unnecessary government spending. Which BTW is directly causing supply chain issues. We would have kept working hard on therapeutics, monoclonal antibodies etc. instead of doubling and tripling down on a vaccine that isn't a vaccine. We wouldn't have mandates and subsidies for electric cars. Those are just off the top of my head...

So go look when did gas prices start to climb ?

We are not paying people to stay home that was under trump .

I agree somewhat about the border

Business should pay a fair tax somewhere in the middle of where it was and where it is now.

The infrastructure bill didn’t lead to inflation the stimulus did as well as log jam of supply chain.
Not sure what you do for a living I am directly in supply chain and I will tell you that presidential policy couldn’t fix where we are now. Most of what has caused the supply issues…. Lack of production in the last year of Trumps presidency…. Not his fault FYI.

Let’s use chicken as a example…. Due to less workers and less restaurant demand in 2020 they set less eggs to be hatched… combine that with less workers at the time it led to less production which was fine… as the world opened up demand raised but growing more chickens takes time. This lead to a shortage in further processed chicken such as nuggets, tenders pattys. So now with those in short supply. Retail, restaurant and manufacturing are all trying to buy the same raw product that is in short supply… basic economics what happens when demand outpaces supply? Prices go up. This does not factor in increases in freight.. a driver shortage that was pre pandemic.

This scenario holds true for almost everything you buy. So please tell me how Biden’s inherited issues from the pandemic not even Trump are his fault.

You can’t

14 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

I think trump did what he felt would build a bigger legacy of his name. No one lives forever,  and he wants to be remembered. 

He got what he was after. Some believe he was great, and some believe he was aweful, but remembered the same.

You seriously think Trump needed a bigger legacy?  Just the fact that he was voted in as president of the Us and beat Clinton made it that he could do nothing bigger in life then he already has. 

Yes my taxes went down and yes i own my house. Well the bank and I. I live upstate, my taxes aren't high enough for Salt to matter...and why should the rest of the country pay for our ridiculous taxes here in this overspending state...

Do we really over spend… let me ask you a question… go look what happens a little further south when it snows… they are crippled for days…. Why because they don’t have the equipment to deal with it…. Why because of their wonderful lower taxes

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

Do we really over spend… let me ask you a question… go look what happens a little further south when it snows… they are crippled for days…. Why because they don’t have the equipment to deal with it…. Why because of their wonderful lower taxes

So they should buy billions in equipment for the 6" of snow they get a year and melts a day or two later? I wouldn't vote for that.  And yes, this state has and probably always will overspend. There are plenty of states that get snow that have way lower taxes than us. I would be willing to bet all of them do....

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chef said:

So go look when did gas prices start to climb ?

We are not paying people to stay home that was under trump .

I agree somewhat about the border

Business should pay a fair tax somewhere in the middle of where it was and where it is now.

The infrastructure bill didn’t lead to inflation the stimulus did as well as log jam of supply chain.
Not sure what you do for a living I am directly in supply chain and I will tell you that presidential policy couldn’t fix where we are now. Most of what has caused the supply issues…. Lack of production in the last year of Trumps presidency…. Not his fault FYI.

Let’s use chicken as a example…. Due to less workers and less restaurant demand in 2020 they set less eggs to be hatched… combine that with less workers at the time it led to less production which was fine… as the world opened up demand raised but growing more chickens takes time. This lead to a shortage in further processed chicken such as nuggets, tenders pattys. So now with those in short supply. Retail, restaurant and manufacturing are all trying to buy the same raw product that is in short supply… basic economics what happens when demand outpaces supply? Prices go up. This does not factor in increases in freight.. a driver shortage that was pre pandemic.

This scenario holds true for almost everything you buy. So please tell me how Biden’s inherited issues from the pandemic not even Trump are his fault.

You can’t

I read it was a bad breeding program that caused the chicken shortages.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/11/business/chicken-shortage-tyson-roosters/index.html

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Haha 1