Covid round two!

The tide is turning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a lot of respect for people realizing and admitting they were duped. Unfortunately, there’s still a ton who will never give in

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

So you're a prepper anticipating armageddon?  Good for you. 

But life in America is good?  Counterintuitive, isn't it?

When is Ammageddon expected? If it doesn't occur by your timeline would you accept you are over reaching? 

What are you doing to make life better in America? You come across as believing it is aweful. 

Being self sufficient, and prepared for unknowns is responsible, not anticipating the end of the world.

Helping neighbors, whether with snow removal,  or frozen pipes, as I just got done with,  makes the world a better place and restores someone faith in humanity. 

Perhaps that is what is needed more in this Country, rather then fear mongering that the evil, otherside is out to destroy everything good. More can be accomplished with good deeds, than attempting to vilify those who disagree with you.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

When is Ammageddon expected? If it doesn't occur by your timeline would you accept you are over reaching? 

What are you doing to make life better in America? You come across as believing it is aweful. 

Being self sufficient, and prepared for unknowns is responsible, not anticipating the end of the world.

Helping neighbors, whether with snow removal,  or frozen pipes, as I just got done with,  makes the world a better place and restores someone faith in humanity. 

Perhaps that is what is needed more in this Country, rather then fear mongering that the evil, otherside is out to destroy everything good. More can be accomplished with good deeds, than attempting to vilify those who disagree with you.

Yes Sir , and it goes both ways , of course , left and right .

• Like 1

I'm fighting for the future of my grand kids.  My life doesn't worry me anymore. What I'm doing to make life better is trying to stop those who are making it worse.  Some are willing to tolerate it.  That's what I see is the problem.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I'm fighting for the future of my grand kids.  My life doesn't worry me anymore. What I'm doing to make life better is trying to stop those who are making it worse.  Some are willing to tolerate it.  That's what I see is the problem.

Too much time focusing on the negative causes all the positives around you to be missed. Hopefully you can find time to enjoy your grandkids, and put your worries in the backseat,  before it becomes too late.

I'm more than capable of multi tasking and time management.  I'm not missing any of the good times.  Too little time seeing distant threats and heading them off, will make for an unhappy future, for you and your offspring.  Will they look back on our generation and wonder why we weren't as great as our fathers who fought in WWII or any of the wars prior to that?  Will they wonder if we cared about their future? That's why the founders warned us vigilance was the price of freedom.

On 1/10/2022 at 8:43 PM, Four Seasons said:

Yeah it’s you sheep that believe the shit your hand fed. Be it Covid or CWD the true facts and numbers prove how much it’s not really a big killer in the big picture. Certainly not enough for democrats to use to cripple a country. The only ones that spew off around here are the same ones that are afraid to throw up the real numbers and base their argument off those numbers. 

You display ignorance when you can't defend your statements and then immediately start name calling. 

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Biden is going to start sucking back on his stupid past decisions. He knows November is coming quick and at a 30% approval rating democrats have 0 chance of winning anything. 

I would like to meet some of the 30% that approves of this azzhat.

For most of last year, many of us called for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to release its data on reinfection rates, but the agency refused. Finally last week, the CDC released data from New York and California, which demonstrated natural immunity was 2.8 times as effective in preventing hospitalization and 3.3 to 4.7 times as effective in preventing Covid infection compared with vaccination.

• Like 2

The nation's supply troubles might have just gotten worse following the Department of Homeland Security issuing yet another COVID vaccine mandate. A new U.S. port regulation recently went into effect mandating that noncitizens may not enter the U.S. through ports of entry unless they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. While the new mandate does not apply to American truck drivers, it does apply to all Canadian and Mexican drivers. Furthermore, both Canada and Mexico have implemented similar rules, effectively preventing U.S. truck drivers from hauling cargo internationally if they have not been vaccinated.

Ergo, even as the latest wave of Omicron appears to be peaking and is on the downswing in many states, the Biden administration seems intent on doing everything possible to stymie America's economic recovery. With inflation at a 40-year high (7%) and the cost of goods eating up more and more of working families' budgets, the Biden administration is ensuring that both imported and exported goods will jump in price and decrease in availability.

Meanwhile, the dearth of drivers within the American trucking industry has gotten so bad that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration just approved a rule change allowing for a new program to train individuals as young as 18 to be permitted to drive big rigs across state lines. The previous minimum permissible age was 21. This is not necessarily a bad decision — think of all the 18-year-olds serving honorably in the U.S. Armed Forces. However, it also doesn't fill the current gap of more than 80,000 drivers needed to haul goods across this country.

Biden's vaccine mandates have proven only to exacerbate the current supply chain crisis, and instead of working to relieve the problem, his administration is literally implementing rules to make the problem worse. An estimated 20% of Canadian truck drivers have not received the COVID vaccine — a vaccine that doesn't prevent infection or transmission, by the way — and will no longer be allowed to haul goods such as lumber into the U.S.

One of the biggest ironies here is that the Biden administration still has no vaccine mandate policy for the millions of illegal immigrants pouring into the U.S. across our wide-open southern border. Meanwhile, Mexican truck drivers who seek to enter the U.S. legally through ports of entry to deliver goods will be turned away if they fail to produce a vaccine passport. That's life under the backwards Biden administration.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

The nation's supply troubles might have just gotten worse following the Department of Homeland Security issuing yet another COVID vaccine mandate. A new U.S. port regulation recently went into effect mandating that noncitizens may not enter the U.S. through ports of entry unless they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. While the new mandate does not apply to American truck drivers, it does apply to all Canadian and Mexican drivers. Furthermore, both Canada and Mexico have implemented similar rules, effectively preventing U.S. truck drivers from hauling cargo internationally if they have not been vaccinated.

Ergo, even as the latest wave of Omicron appears to be peaking and is on the downswing in many states, the Biden administration seems intent on doing everything possible to stymie America's economic recovery. With inflation at a 40-year high (7%) and the cost of goods eating up more and more of working families' budgets, the Biden administration is ensuring that both imported and exported goods will jump in price and decrease in availability.

Meanwhile, the dearth of drivers within the American trucking industry has gotten so bad that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration just approved a rule change allowing for a new program to train individuals as young as 18 to be permitted to drive big rigs across state lines. The previous minimum permissible age was 21. This is not necessarily a bad decision — think of all the 18-year-olds serving honorably in the U.S. Armed Forces. However, it also doesn't fill the current gap of more than 80,000 drivers needed to haul goods across this country.

The trucking vaccine mandate is the reason 50,000 trucks are rolling across Canada right now, arriving in Ottawa on Saturday. Trudeau is such an idiot!!

• Like 5