Covid round two!

So we’re in Fla. I was shocked that half the people in stores are wearing masks , but being fla everyone is super nice and interacts with non mask folks in a friendly and civil way .

Any social place is zero masks, like last night the boardwalk was packed wall to wall with zero masks seen .

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

Well, this time of year Florida is filled with snow birds from the north.  The masked ones may be them.

or it might just be people of florida that just choose to wear them.  As many states without the mandate still have a large number of people that choose to wear them.  And choice is choice.  I find it tiresome of the bravado of people that will stand up and not wear a mask or get vaccinated as much as the repetitive reminders for masks/vaccinations these days.  Who cares what people choose to do as long as its a choice and not a mandate. Do what you want and let others make their choice as well for both sides.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

He didn't say if the people who were masked worked in the stores.  If so, they probably are not wearing them by choice.

i give us a 50/50 shot of the mask mandate being gone by May. But at work I bet I will still have to wear one for the next two years.......

If i could retire right now i would just because of that.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

Now the most immune and non effected of our society are being subjected to the Jab, by the Jab makers.

Pfizer

With a .00% - .25% child mortality rate, with some states reporting no infant or child deaths at all, this is an Emergency ?

AAP Stats

They all cost the same ,they're trying to sell as many as they can before this mutates it way to the sniffles ,its almost there now.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

He didn't say if the people who were masked worked in the stores.  If so, they probably are not wearing them by choice.

Every worker in stores, restaurants and bars are wearing them , I’m sure it’s not a choice as many are chin or mouth  wearing them . Customers about 50/50, we’re in a large condo filled with snowbirds ( so old farts ) from many states, and Canada , nobody here wears them .

Last night at the bar, restaurant or out on the crowed pier watching the rocket launch, I’d say less then 1 in 10 , perhaps 1 in 20 I didn’t count lol but it was very few .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Meanwhile in the land of screw your mandates, freedom, follow the science, I have an immunity system and kiss my ass.

A former Washington State Patrol trooper who told off Gov. Jay Inslee over the COVID-19 vaccine mandate, resigned and then became a sought-after media figure, has died, according to the State Patrol.

Trooper Robert LaMay’s death was announced Friday. He was 50.

According to FOX News, KIRO News Radio, Newsweek and other media sources, LaMay died after contracting COVID-19.

8 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i give us a 50/50 shot of the mask mandate being gone by May. But at work I bet I will still have to wear one for the next two years.......

If i could retire right now i would just because of that.  

I went into my old job last Friday to give a day of training to the person that got my old position. Per their protocols (same setting as where Rob works) I had to wear a mask all day from entry to exit. First time I've worn a mask for more than an hour since October.

Masking never bothered me all that much but holy crap, I was more than ready to ditch that thing at the end of the day. I'd hate to be masked 8-5, five days a week.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I went into my old job last Friday to give a day of training to the person that got my old position. Per their protocols (same setting as where Rob works) I had to wear a mask all day from entry to exit. First time I've worn a mask for more than an hour since October.

Masking never bothered me all that much but holy crap, I was more than ready to ditch that thing at the end of the day. I'd hate to be masked 8-5, five days a week.

That was great of you to do.  I actually was in Cortland today most of the day hashing out some things.  

I wish I could say the same . The masking has really gotten so it bothers me a lot. It actually gets me down to have to put that on every day. 

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

That was great of you to do.

I'm not cheap, lol.

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

The masking has really gotten so it bothers me a lot. It actually gets me down to have to put that on every day. 

I can understand that for sure. In hindsight, the whole day was pretty much tolerable. But every day, all day? I'd surely feel the same as you do.

• Like 1

Meanwhile in the land of screw your mandates, freedom, follow the science, I have an immunity system and kiss my ass.
A former Washington State Patrol trooper who told off Gov. Jay Inslee over the COVID-19 vaccine mandate, resigned and then became a sought-after media figure, has died, according to the State Patrol.
Trooper Robert LaMay’s death was announced Friday. He was 50.
According to FOX News, KIRO News Radio, Newsweek and other media sources, LaMay died after contracting COVID-19.

Meanwhile in the land of pathetic silly mask rules at NFL games, Governor Newsom broke his own rules and didn’t wear a mask Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So we’re in Fla. I was shocked that half the people in stores are wearing masks , but being fla everyone is super nice and interacts with non mask folks in a friendly and civil way .
Any social place is zero masks, like last night the boardwalk was packed wall to wall with zero masks seen .

So you were duped by the conservative media you watch to believe that mask wearing did t exist in Florida and that people are mean to non mask wearers elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can answer for you as a have a place in south Florida… about half the public wears masks and half don’t.

The good news is a Japanese medical school just determined that ivermectin does indeed help fight covid , I'm sure some apology letters are being written as we speak.

I think you should read that study again. It shows that it has anti viral properties in a test tube… not that it helps fight covid