First trap Prep

mattypotpie8S

Looks good!  Did you dip them in a pot of wax or was the wax floating on the dye?  I have used both methods and they both work.  I go a bit overboard and boil the traps in water to get the old wax, odors and oils off.  I dump the water (don't pull the traps through the water as the stuff floating on top will recoat the traps).  I then simmer my traps in the dye (again dump the dye or strain the stuff floating on top before removing the traps)...I let the traps completely dry and then dip them in a pot of melted wax.  The trick is to make sure the traps heat to the correct temperature before pulling them out of the wax...too cold and the wax builds up too thick (you would be able to see the wax - white) and too hot, and the wax is too thin.  From your photo, your traps look good!  After waxing, I like to use a small file to clean the dog and pan a little.  Good luck!  PS. do not use wax on your body traps.

• Thanks 1