End of season Hunting room/area cleanout

mlammerhirt

Now that I'm working from home it has become much easier to do the post season clean up. All of the clothes and gear have been brought in and washed, but still piled up on sofas in the basement. I'll get to putting it all away next week and toss a bunch of stuff I didn't use. My youngest bought a house a few weeks ago so he is gradually getting all of his gear out as well. More room for me!

I'm still in the mess of season since I'll be giving it a go in Ohio this weekend. Next weekend hopefully is Bills game. Likely spend meaningful time organizing and cleaning/stacking, etc. The following weekend. Work, too is at our peak season.

• Like 1

We have a 3rd vehicle that I put a hitch hauler type contraption on and kept all my hunting stuff in for the whole season so i never had to load and unload the vehicle to go hunting ,I'll give you one guess where my hunting stuff is right now.

Subaru?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two loaded muzzleloaders to tend to. @Phade why not take them with you and lean them against different trees? "Aim small, miss small"
Opened my muzzleloader case last night that had been stored in the garage. Wellll let's say the little bit of moisture from the last day sit was starting to cause some issues. Barrel was good.....powder was dry but rust was forming all over the trigger assembly and wherw the scope was mounted. So a complete breakdown and big time cleaning was needed that I was not prepared for. What a freaking headache that I brought upon myself.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

Guns are all cleaned and in the safe but all the other gear is still in my truck. There is a small chance I am going small game hunting Sunday morning so I may organize and put all my stuff away during the Bills game Sunday evening. I must say that I feel like I have been way better this year at putting things back in the tote that that belong in so my organization and clean up time might not be that bad. 

• Like 1

I always clean my guns, within a day after the last hunt.  I didn’t have to press the load and bullet out of my ML first this year, so it went a little quicker than usual.

I finished butchering the button buck, that took care of that job for me, last night.  I hope to have all the other stuff put away by the end of this weekend. 

19 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Guns are all cleaned and in the safe but all the other gear is still in my truck. There is a small chance I am going small game hunting Sunday morning so I may organize and put all my stuff away during the Bills game Sunday evening. I must say that I feel like I have been way better this year at putting things back in the tote that that belong in so my organization and clean up time might not be that bad. 

I read this with "Leavin on a jet plane" in my mind. The John Denver version obviously

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I have two loaded muzzleloaders to tend to. @Phade why not take them with you and lean them against different trees? "Aim small, miss small"

If that means I have to clean them, I'll pass! I'm cleaning mine tonight and loading a freshie. I'll be in the Nitrofire camp after this season I think. 

I've come to realize I have way too many MZ, too. Bought another Wolf this year. Mostly, because. Two Wolfs, a Buckstalker, and a Vortek UL. No idea why. It's like they just jump off the shelf at me. I hate cleaning them, too. 

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

The only thing I put away was the rifle and ammo I hunted Deer with and switched it out for shotguns and varmint rifles, small game is in full swing for me so I have a couple of months to go before everything gets put away. It is the best time of the year.

Al

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phade said:

If that means I have to clean them, I'll pass! I'm cleaning mine tonight and loading a freshie. I'll be in the Nitrofire camp after this season I think. 

I've come to realize I have way too many MZ, too. Bought another Wolf this year. Mostly, because. Two Wolfs, a Buckstalker, and a Vortek UL. No idea why. It's like they just jump off the shelf at me. I hate cleaning them, too. 

If youre unloading something let me know, I have a friend looking

4 hours ago, phade said:

Wont the cleanup of nitrofire be very similar to that of an inline ML?