Ice time?

G-Man

No such thing as safe ice . Have seen places open up where 20 people have walked through a few hours before. Ice thickness varies a few feet at at times . Get a spud and learn how to use it . Caution and common sense. Or be a pussy like me and wait for a 4 wheeler  or a guy bigger than me to go first .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nytracker said:

No such thing as safe ice . Have seen places open up where 20 people have walked through a few hours before. Ice thickness varies a few feet at at times . Get a spud and learn how to use it . Caution and common sense. Or be a pussy like me and wait for a 4 wheeler  or a guy bigger than me to go first .

Okay, Tracker...I have a hotspot up here near Dogpatch...You go first....<<grin>>.....

6 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Filled the cooler out on Chippewa. The wife caught a few absolute giant jack perch. Biggest i have seen maybe ever. I’ll measure a few tomorrow. We weighed one that was over 2 pounds. Little white and yellow tungsten jig topped with a minnow. They hammered it all day mostly. 

720C7126-30CB-46B2-9EA8-4FDD22F21BAF.jpeg

That's awesome!   I was just talking to a friend today that said they were catching some huge perch on Goose bay.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ncountry said:

That's awesome!   I was just talking to a friend today that said they were catching some huge perch on Goose bay.

Oh i bet! I haven’t ice fished there yet. Plenty of times by boat. No tip up action today. We did get a nice 24 inch pike yesterday however. It will be nice when we get some ice closer to home at sodus and port bay. 

• Like 1