Favorite Pistol?

I just picked up a Sig P229 Legion DA/SA. It’s an absolute pleasure to shoot and definitely my new favorite, even over my other Sig which is a striker fired pistol. There is just something about hammer fired. I spent a lot of time trying to find one that fit me well and I was very impressed with Sig above all the others. I was just wondering what everyone else’s favorites are? 

• Like 1

When I first got my permit kept changing pistols as I wasn't happy with the one I had. Started off with a .22 mag, .327 Ruger, bond arms ranger, but landed on the one I really like.  The Judge 45/410 poly.  Just wanted to have one I really liked and it's all I need and am very happy with the fit, carry and caliber. Love the 410 buckshot and slugs.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

When I first got my permit kept changing pistols as I wasn't happy with the one I had. Started off with a .22 mag, .327 Ruger, bond arms ranger, but landed on the one I really like.  The Judge 45/410 poly.  Just wanted to have one I really liked and it's all I need and am very happy with the fit, carry and caliber. Love the 410 buckshot and slugs.  

Have you taken a deer with it yet? What length barrel did you get?

39 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

You carry a judge?  I’ve held one and all I could think of was sciatica at the notion of it as a carry gun.  My Shield sometimes feels too big.

31 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

Have you taken a deer with it yet? What length barrel did you get?

Haven't taken a deer with it. Havent tried it yet for deer hunting. I see so few in gun season that I always bring the rifle. I got the 2.5" barrel. Plus one of the reasons I got it is that I am not the best shot with a pistol. So I shoot buckshot thru it or defense rounds I can't miss. Lol

But I know the .45 would do the job on a deer.

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, loworange88 said:

You carry a judge?  I’ve held one and all I could think of was sciatica at the notion of it as a carry gun.  My Shield sometimes feels too big.

I got the poly.  It weighs less than the other pistols I had.  And it's also a 5 shot to make it a little smaller to carry as well. It carries nice. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

I had one in my hands . Ready to buy . I noticed the front sight  wasn't put on right . Off center . The shop sent it back and never got another one in .

That sucks , but if it was a good price and the way rugers customer service is I probably would have bought it and sent it in myself . 

I don't have any pistols, just revolvers...All are S&W....My favorite  is the first one I ever bought, a M17 K-22 , which I bought from Ray Hotchkiss's gun shop off Lake Road in Horseheads/Elmira... I think it cost me about $140 new in 1974...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I don't have any pistols, just revolvers...All are S&W....My favorite  is the first one I ever bought, a M17 K-22 , which I bought from Ray Hotchkiss's gun shop off Lake Road in Horseheads/Elmira... I think it cost me about $140 new in 1974...

I was 4 years old when you bought that .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rob-c said:

So you probably don't remember Ray's...  LOTS of quality used guns, of all descriptions. at reasonable prices.... You just don't find shops like that anymore....  The guns were in racks and you were welcome to handle them, ..HOWEVER  there was a gun oil container and cloth on each rack, and if you handled a gun and neglected to wipe it down afterward,  you would incur Ray's wrath...!!!

10 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I was 6

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

So you probably don't remember Ray's...  LOTS of quality used guns, of all descriptions. at reasonable prices.... You just don't find shops like that anymore....  The guns were in racks and you were welcome to handle them, ..HOWEVER  there was a gun oil container and cloth on each rack, and if you handled a gun and neglected to wipe it down afterward,  you would incur Ray's wrath...!!!

I use to love going in there... ornery cuss   Ray was . I never forgot buying a gun from him . He never gave me a brake on a gun . I took my girlfriend in and she bought the gun for my birthday . He gave her 75 bucks off and through in 2 boxes of shells.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I do not, but I can see the allure of his shop . 

Edited by rob-c

Aside from favorites…what’s on everyone’s shortlist to buy?

never been a fan of the .380 round due to having a 9mm.  BUT, some of the sub compact .380 pistols are amazingly comfortable to carry IWB, I’ve tried a few out at the gun store.  I’m actually really impressed with the Ruger LCP Max.

Edited by loworange88
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, loworange88 said:

Aside from favorites…what’s on everyone’s shortlist to buy?

never been a fan of the .380 round due to having a 9mm.  BUT, some of the sub compact .380 pistols are amazingly comfortable to carry IWB, I’ve tried a few out at the gun store.  I’m actually really impressed with the Ruger LCP Max.

I actually switched from S&W380 to LC9s..its a much better carry IMO..

Looking for 10mm shortly, just cant decide semi-auto or revolver

Edited by suburbanfarmer
  • Like 1

Favorite pistol to shoot...by far, Colt 1911 45 acp. Favorite revolver...tougher. My Smith model 28 has probably the finest revolver action ever made, but for sheer shooting enjoyment, ergonomics, it would have to have been my Ruger .357 Blackhawk, though i shot my .44 Ruger single action Super black hawk just as well.

• Like 1