Best broadheads just got better

Jeremy K

57 minutes ago, heavuser said:

You need a 70lb draw weight to fire something like this, yes?

Yes. Imo.

I used grim reapers for years shooting a 70# with a fairly quick bow..

I cannot fault their toughness or effectiveness, but I didn't get a pass through as often as I would have liked.

1 hour ago, ncountry said:

3 words ....  Tooth of the Arrow

No doubt  Tota heads have great reviews and a following .  I had it down to them  and the QAD exodus. I went with the exodus mostly because I didn’t want to deal with sharpening . But you can’t go wrong with either . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rob-c said:

No doubt  Tota heads have great reviews and a following .  I had it down to them  and the QAD exodus. I went with the exodus mostly because I didn’t want to deal with sharpening . But you can’t go wrong with either . 

I put them of 1/2 my arrows with rage hypodermics(my normal heads) on the the other 1/2. 

I was impressed. They poked a surprisingly large hole in the 8 point I shot. And I took a shot through some honeysuckle twigs that were fairly tight to the deer. A shot I wouldnt have taken with the rage.

7 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I put them of 1/2 my arrows with rage hypodermics(my normal heads) on the the other 1/2. 

I was impressed. They poked a surprisingly large hole in the 8 point I shot. And I took a shot through some honeysuckle twigs that were fairly tight to the deer. A shot I wouldnt have taken with the rage.

There’s 4 or 5 brands of fixed heads that are heads and shoulders above others with  their flight , toughness and holes that they leave in deer . Honestly there’s really no reason to shoot mechanicals  any  more , and I shot  spitfires for  many years .

10 minutes ago, rob-c said:

There’s 4 or 5 brands of fixed heads that are heads and shoulders above others with  their flight , toughness and holes that they leave in deer . Honestly there’s really no reason to shoot mechanicals  any  more , and I shot  spitfires for  many years .

Yeah. I'm still having a hard time switching back to a traditional broadhead.  Even though I'm pretty sure that's all that's going to be in my quiver this year  .

For years my pros and cons list seemed to always favor a mechanical. 

Imo . A larger hole will help in the case of a poor shot in the guts. I tended to screw up in that direction.

Well, the last few years I seem to be erring closer to the bone when the shot is not perfect (advantage quality trading broadhead).

Yes, I know , with a good shot it doesn't matter. I can shoot the $%%t  out of a target, but I'm far from perfect on deer. Hence my excellent tracking skills.lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heavuser said:

You need a 70lb draw weight to fire something like this, yes?

I shoot 64#s. They leave crazy exit holes. But I would only suggest them or any mechanical if shooting a fairly high draw. They fly great, never open up until they are supposed to and leave awesome blood trails.  Only time I haven't had a pass thru is when hitting the outside shoulder. 

5 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I shoot 64#s. They leave crazy exit holes. But I would only suggest them or any mechanical if shooting a fairly high draw. They fly great, never open up until they are supposed to and leave awesome blood trails.  Only time I haven't had a pass thru is when hitting the outside shoulder. 

I wanna shoot them but was hesitant as I shoot at 60lb but I have a 29.5" draw length, I was advised against it.